Best draft eligible QB in CFB

YoloinOhio

Who is the best draft eligible QB in CFB?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best draft eligible QB in CFB?

• Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma
    • Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
    • Jake Fromm, UGA
    • Joe Burrow, LSU
    • Justin Herbert, Oregon
    • Jordan Love, Utah St
    • Jacob Eason, Washington
    • Other

I dont think there is much interest here due to that we have Allen.

That said i haven't seen all these players yet but i like Justin Herbert and Jacob Eason, they look pro ready to me which doesnt mean much as it all depends on who coaches you and what system you go into.

I thought Daniel Jones was mediocre at best and know looks better than Allen (for now, Allen was bad in college so he has had to come a Looong ways and will get there eventually)

I wasn't a big Haskins fan but thought he would be better than Jones, however he has been horrendous and may be ruined in Washington.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...

I still have Eason and Anthony Gordon to grade, but as it currently stands, my grades on this year's QB class are:

93 - Joe Burrow (behind only Mahomes and tied with Lamar for my highest grades of the past 4 years)

92 - Tua Tagovailoa (Top 10 pick)

86 - Jordan Love (Top 15 pick)

80 - Justin Herbert (fringe 1st round)

79 - Jake Fromm (2nd round)

77 - Jalen Hurts (3rd round)

72 - Shea Patterson (5th round)

On 10/19/2019 at 8:43 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Who do you think it is? This is less about who you think will be the best pro and more about who is the best in college right now.

...well Allen allegedly sucks so is Burrow on our radar?......keep in mind he only gets to show his wares after 28 starts before the TBD Bust Label adorns his forehead........1-800-HEY-MIKE if Beane is interested..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 6:03 PM, DCOrange said:

I still have Eason and Anthony Gordon to grade, but as it currently stands, my grades on this year's QB class are:

93 - Joe Burrow (behind only Mahomes and tied with Lamar for my highest grades of the past 4 years)

92 - Tua Tagovailoa (Top 10 pick)

86 - Jordan Love (Top 15 pick)

80 - Justin Herbert (fringe 1st round)

79 - Jake Fromm (2nd round)

77 - Jalen Hurts (3rd round)

72 - Shea Patterson (5th round)

#1 Burrow (top 5 grade) - I have him tied with Deshaun Watson as my highest grade of recent years

#2 Tagovailoa (top 10 grade)

#3 Herbert (2nd round)

#4 Hurts (3rd round)

They are the only 4 I have properly got to so far. I think it is unlikely I will be as high on Love given my one live exposure to him this year was against LSU and I hated his game. That said, it was likely his worst game and of course he and his team were hideously outmatched talent wise that day. I just thought his throws were all over the map. But I need to watch some film of good Jordan Love before I grade him properly. Need to do more on Fromm and Eason too. Those are the 7 I am intending to evaluate and write up this year.

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

#1 Burrow (top 5 grade) - I have him tied with Deshaun Watson as my highest grade of recent years

#2 Tagovailoa (top 10 grade)

#3 Herbert (2nd round)

#4 Hurts (3rd round)

They are the only 4 I have properly got to so far. I think it is unlikely I will be as high on Love given my one live exposure to him this year was against LSU and I hated his game. That said, it was likely his worst game and of course he and his team were hideously outmatched talent wise that day. I just thought his throws were all over the map. But I need to watch some film of good Jordan Love before I grade him properly. Need to do more on Fromm and Eason too. Those are the 7 I am intending to evaluate and write up this year.

Love is the ultimate high risk high reward prospect. Great passing skills but he legitimately doesn’t even attempt to read the defense on most plays. Tremendous potential inside him if he can learn though. 

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Love is the ultimate high risk high reward prospect. Great passing skills but he legitimately doesn’t even attempt to read the defense on most plays. Tremendous potential inside him if he can learn though. 

Maybe. Or maybe he is high risk without much chance of the payoff. 

23 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe. Or maybe he is high risk without much chance of the payoff. 

That’ll be up to a coaching staff and front office to decide. Think it really boils down to how convinced you are that he can be taught. If he learns to read a defense, he could be an MVP caliber QB IMO.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

That’ll be up to a coaching staff and front office to decide. Think it really boils down to how convinced you are that he can be taught. If he learns to read a defense, he could be an MVP caliber QB IMO.

It is entirely consistent with prior years for me to be wary of someone like Love. I tend to be much more cautious on the high ceiling but low floor guys. I still have work to do on Love so I don't have a grade on him yet but on a first look he just wasn't my kind of QB prospect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.