Ed Oliver vs Miami Sack Prediction

wppete

I think people get too hung up on this stat for DTs. He has a ton of pressures which in many ways is just as good as a sack. 

Especially if you get a trigger happy qb. 

I’d rather have a pressure forced int than a sack for two yards. 

Sacks are nice and look good on a stat sheet. But keeping a qb uncomfortable for an entire game is much more valuable than two flashy highlight plays a game. 

The problem is is we don’t have a truly elite DE to capitalize. Hughes is good but we need a true sack artist. Probably going to be our biggest concern in the offseason if we don’t pull off a trade by deadline. 

I’d be a big fan of trying to pull this off, no matter the cost (draft pick wise) we have a team and schedule poised to make big noise in the AFC this year. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

8 hours ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

Oliver has already meet his sack total for the year....ZERO!  He’s too small to shed blocks. Sure he gets pressures but he has yet to break away from a lineman. He needs to put on some mass. 

Troll alert, 

Really doesn’t matter outside of stats, 

What really matters is the team getting the win.

Saying that, I hope he gets a couple,

Go Bills!!!

9 hours ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

Oliver has already meet his sack total for the year....ZERO!  He’s too small to shed blocks. Sure he gets pressures but he has yet to break away from a lineman. He needs to put on some mass. 

Please get a newspaper and take out sports section.  Not to read but to put at bottom of crate MrSpacePoopy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, nrenegar said:

Considering he's had zero so far, I wouldn't expect more than one....

That is exactly my thought process. I would love a coming out party for Ed sacks wise but you can't expect a guy to go from 0 to 3 in a single game. Certainly is possible but not something you should be expecting. 

I'll be happy if he gets a sack. He hasn't lived up to expectations and hasn't sacked anyone yet, so I don't know why anyone would expect him to suddenly play like he's all pro. I think Singletary is going to be our best pick from the last draft.