Ed Oliver vs Miami Sack Prediction

wppete

3 hours ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

I’ve watched everyone. I suggest you take you rose colored glasses off when your watching. 

I suggest you go back and watch again, particularly the New England game.  Please pay close attention to the plays when Brady was chased from the pocket and had to run out to his right and throw the ball away.  There were several of these in the game.  You'll notice that he was unable to step up into the pocket as he normally does because Oliver had quick penetration.  I understand that fans want to see sacks and quarterbacks knocked on their backsides but forcing a throw away on third down to get the defense off the field is also a great outcome.  It's also interesting to notice the lack of double teams on Hughes this year.  Teams recognize that they can't slide the guard out to help on Hughes and reach block Oliver with the center.  Oliver's quickness prevents this.  IMHO Oliver is doing exactly what the Bills drafted him to do and I bet that they are very pleased with him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

Oliver has already meet his sack total for the year....ZERO!  He’s too small to shed blocks. Sure he gets pressures but he has yet to break away from a lineman. He needs to put on some mass. 

Really? Did you see him against Quinton Nelson, the Guard widely considered the best in the game right now? Yeah, probably not. QB's have been getting the ball out quickly against us due to the interior pressure, mostly sparked by Oliver. He hasn't come close to "meet his sack total" by any means. But when he does "meet" his first sack tomorrow, just know Fitz will be the answer to another trivia question some years down the road. 

Edited by H2o

Don’t get caught up in the numbers. He’s been a beast. And as much gratification as it’d probably serve him, I am not going to evaluate his play thus far by a statistic. He plays a position that, aside from Aaron Donald, notoriously lacks big stats. Numbers can not accurately reflect what he has brought so far to this defense. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Don’t get caught up in the numbers. He’s been a beast. And as much gratification as it’d probably serve him, I am not going to evaluate his play thus far by a statistic. He plays a position that, aside from Aaron Donald, notoriously lacks big stats. Numbers can not accurately reflect what he has brought so far to this defense. 

Oliver is out there drawing a lot of attention and quietly wreaking havoc. He opens things up allowing other defenders to make plays. His "numbers" will eventually improve. Every Sunday he is close to getting a sack, but it is the little things that make him effective.

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I think their starting Center is out, so their OL may be quite the mess -- especially with crowd noise.

Could be a tough day for the Fins.

Yeah Miami’s Center has been ruled out for the game. Oliver and Jordan Phillips are going to eat on Sunday!!!! Miami’s Oline is a disaster, still don’t  understand why they would trade Tunsil. 

Edited by wppete