The Bills Projected Salary Cap and Draft Capital in 2020

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You really get the feeling that what Beane did was sign a lot of "prove it contracts" and while some of these guys will get extensions....draft picks will replace some of these guys.....

Bottom line....resign your own best players and continue to draft well

...great point John and a big difference from Whaley (our posting Rico's best buddy-LOL).....never was convinced Whaley was given full GM power versus personnel gopher as in "we need you to go fer this position player" directed by "The F Troop" brass........pretty sure he had an upcoming year with 23 UFA's......McBeane artfully crafted "prove it deals (players with longer term potential) " whereas Whaley was commissioned for "stop gap players" regardless of longer term prognosis....strictly opinion......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Tre White would be a 5th year option for 2021 that the Bills could pick up since he is a 1st round pick.

I'm really not into signing Tre' to a big deal - he's very good - in a zone scheme.

Some stupid team (as with the Redskins and Josh Norman) will imagine he's a lock-down man-to-man guy and offer him something ridiculous.  We don't want to match that.

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...great point John and a big difference from Whaley (our posting Rico's best buddy-LOL).....never was convinced Whaley was given full GM power versus personnel gopher as in "we need you to go fer this position player" directed by "The F Troop" brass........pretty sure he had an upcoming year with 23 UFA's......McBeane artfully crafted "prove it deals (players with longer term potential) " whereas Whaley was commissioned for "stop gap players" regardless of longer term prognosis....strictly opinion......

I feel the same way about Whaley. We’ll likely never know unless Rex does a tell all book at some point. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm guessing they let Spain walk and move Feliciano or Ford to LG while looking for an upgrade at RT via FA or draft. 

WR is their biggest need, IMO. Hoping they bring a good one in via FA AND the draft. 

...many of the TBD collegiate experts have said 2020 WR class is the "best in years"......just a hunch that McBeane goes the draft route......

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....with plenty of cap cash, a list that he can be selective from AND draft capital, McBeane mimics the "Allstate guy"....something about "...in good hands..."..................

That certainly beats Rex and Mr Mayhem! 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I feel the same way about Whaley. We’ll likely never know unless Rex does a tell all book at some point. 

....a Wrecks book?.....I'd prefer this......

image.png.6e43736a064c84a945ceaeb960b2d062.png

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

That certainly beats Rex and Mr Mayhem! 

...hell even Flo was better..........:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

While Levi Wallace is technically a Free Agent, he is an exclusive right free agent meaning he can't negotiate with another team, so don't worry about him to get snapped up by another team. Mckenzie is a Restricted Free Agent so if they Bills tender him, another team would have to pony up a 5th rounder for him(unlikely).

I think you'll see Ford get bumped inside next year and Spain has been inconsistent so he will probably go. Jordan Phillips i'd like back but he's going to be looking for his "big" contract next year. Lawson will probably want to be a starter and get a pay bump in a different situation. I could see Alexander coming back if he believes the Bills are legit super bowl contenders.

The only guys I can see the Bills wanting to bring back that could leave is Dean Marlowe. He is also a restricted free agent but he was undrafted so the Bills wouldn't get compensation for him. I could see the Bills tendering him but getting a bigger deal that the Bills dont necessarily want to pay.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....a Wrecks book?.....I'd prefer this......

image.png.6e43736a064c84a945ceaeb960b2d062.png

...hell even Flo was better..........:thumbsup:

Guaranteed to be narcissistic drivel, but the sports writer recap should be comprehendible. Of course there’s always the option of a book on tape, a joint or drinking game, and plenty of laughs.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

While Levi Wallace is technically a Free Agent, he is an exclusive right free agent meaning he can't negotiate with another team, so don't worry about him to get snapped up by another team. Mckenzie is a Restricted Free Agent so if they Bills tender him, another team would have to pony up a 5th rounder for him(unlikely).

I think you'll see Ford get bumped inside next year and Spain has been inconsistent so he will probably go. Jordan Phillips i'd like back but he's going to be looking for his "big" contract next year. Lawson will probably want to be a starter and get a pay bump in a different situation. I could see Alexander coming back if he believes the Bills are legit super bowl contenders.

The only guys I can see the Bills wanting to bring back that could leave is Dean Marlowe. He is also a restricted free agent but he was undrafted so the Bills wouldn't get compensation for him. I could see the Bills tendering him but getting a bigger deal that the Bills dont necessarily want to pay.

I still think he might negotiate an actual contract with Wallace. Primarily to spread the cost and keep the yearly cheap, The benefit for Wallace would be guaranteed money now and more salary in the first 1-2 years than he would have gotten. 

Phillips is going to be interesting. Can’t say the guy will take a home town discount, but all things being equal I think he resigns here. Plus, Beane might not want to shake up the DT rotation. There’s always the chance some team offers stupid money though, especially if he has another monster game. 

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...who would be your FA choice(s)?.......

I’d take a good hard look at Geronimo Allison if the Packers let him go. Dude can play and finds openings when Rodgers scrambles. That’s got some value considering Allen’s talents. They’ll probably resign him, but they’re close to the cap and are about to find out what their younger WRs have to offer. In general, I’m not too enthralled with this years WR FA class. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m unsure off who is restricted and who is not...

2019 Free Agents:
LB Lorenzo Alexander—he is resigned here if he doesn’t retire at a low cost

DT Jordan Phillips— try to keep him

OL Quentin Spain

RB Frank Gore — I see him getting resigned for a year or two

CB Kevin Johnson

S    Dean Marlowe

S    Kurt Coleman

WR Isaiah McKenzie

WR Robert Fostery. — I see them keeping him at a low cost 

LB Julian Sanford

RB Seniorise Perry

CB Levi Wallace — sign him to a 4 yr deal

The others I see them resigning some. Others can be replaced by draft or other practice squad player development 

2020 Free Agents:

CB Tre’Davious White* — he is signed 

LB Matt Milano — he is signed 
OL Dion Dawkins- he is signed 

DL Trent Murphy he can be signed

S   Jordan Poyer — he can be signed 

OT Ty Nsheke

OG Jon Feliciano

FB Patrick DiMarco

WR Andre Roberts

QB Matt Barkley— he can be resigned 

RB TJ Yeldon

others it depends on draft and free agent signings in 2030

Comments in comment above 

Must signings:

LB Lorenzo Alexander - 1 year cap friendly deal

DT Jordan Phillips

OL Quentin Spain

CB Levi Wallace 

2020 Free Agents:

CB Tre’Davious White*  - 5th year option but try to get a deal done - will save on cap space and not risk him getting to free agency

LB Matt Milano 
OL Dion Dawkins - try to extend ahead of time 

S   Jordan Poyer - try to extend ahead of time

OG Jon Feliciano

Would like to resign:

DE Shaq Lawson

RB Frank Gore

CB Kevin Johnson

WR Isaiah McKenzie

2020 Free Agents:

DL Trent Murphy

S   Jordan Poyer