Does anyone call in to Schopp & Bulldog anymore?

notwoz

I called in last Friday and talked to Bulldog about flex games later in the season. 

He spoke about some late-season games for a few minutes and thought it was cool that the Bills were playing well enough that fans were thinking flex.

I mentioned the game in Pittsburgh, but he seemed to think not a flex option as Ben R. is out... I brought that one up because I am going to it.

Pittsburgh fans might be looking to sell those Tix to Bills fans as it will likely mean more to us.  I hope we can represent well there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Frez said:

Murph has a great show. 

Schopp and Bulldog not so much. Can't even listen to it anymore, it's beyond painful. 

Murph is a homer and no matter who his co-host he is just insufferable. That show is awful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everyday I'd listen to Shopp and Bulldog to hear Bills talk and because L had five fantasy football teams but now with Radio.com - I'll instead listen to earlier WGR segments or a podcast.

It's easy to call John Murphy a homer, since he is paid by the Pegulas, but he knows his team's stats from being the play by play guy - so why fault that knowledge?

If you listen long enough - - you'll pick up that unlike Shopp where it's a job - with Murph - he is a Bills fan first.

i remember when we traded Sammy  Watkins (on air) Murphy was as shocked as the listeners and questioned management instead of saying it was a good move -

It's also cool that he acknowledges the fans on the way into the booth on Sundays -seems like a good guy and has good guests, for the most part.

Personally i prefer hearing  SAL!  Cappacio ....SAL!  Cappachio ...;-)

• Like (+1) 3

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I listen/watch cover 1 and other podcasts on youtube.  I pay to not have the commercials.  I almost never listen to them anymore because there is just way better stuff available and the packed it in years ago.  Plus I really can't do the commercials.  

I like streaming WGR, but once 3 o’clock rolls around, I switch to Spotify.

Shopp and the bulldog are unfortunately, UNBEARABLE. 

39 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I agree, I hate when they take calls.  Fans are so stupid.

Yet you spend time on this message board, filled with.. stupid fans, eh? 

Edited by Nick the Greek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beef on Weck said:

Everyday I'd listen to Shopp and Bulldog to hear Bills talk and because L had five fantasy football teams but now with Radio.com - I'll instead listen to earlier WGR segments or a podcast.

It's easy to call John Murphy a homer, since he is paid by the Pegulas, but he knows his team's stats from being the play by play guy - so why fault that knowledge?

If you listen long enough - - you'll pick up that unlike Shopp where it's a job - with Murph - he is a Bills fan first.

i remember when we traded Sammy  Watkins (on air) Murphy was as shocked as the listeners and questioned management instead of saying it was a good move -

It's also cool that he acknowledges the fans on the way into the booth on Sundays -seems like a good guy and has good guests, for the most part.

Personally i prefer hearing  SAL!  Cappacio ....SAL!  Cappachio ...;-)

I like John Murphy because he IS a fan. You know he loves the team, even if he is paid by the Bills. I’d take him and Tasker all day, EVERYDAY over Slop and the bulldog. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

I like John Murphy because he IS a fan. You know he loves the team, even if he is paid by the Bills. I’d take him and Tasker all day, EVERYDAY over Slop and the bulldog. 

I always liked Murph.

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

No idea but something feels like they got spooked a few weeks ago. 

I feel like it was right around the time of the Entercom radio hack thing happened but they have pretty much followed right along in the footsteps of talking up the team as much as the other shows. 

They still throw in their "but" quibs here and there but I've never heard them talk so positive of the Bills when both have historically said they both don't like/trust what they see. 

Maybe that is because there is a lot more reason to trust what they see with this team? 

I trust this Bills team far more than any other in my fandom. The hot starts in the past (under Jauron, Chan and even McDermott two years ago) all had something of the unusual about them. Lots of turnovers from our defense or pulling out numerous improbable come from behind wins. Those are things that are difficult to trust because they don't sustain. 

Yes this year the schedule lines up as nicely as I can ever remember for them.... but they are winning in a more sustainable manner too. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I wasnt but I can't say the same for anyone else on here. 

My point was more to the fact that no matter what the Bills have done in the past, Schopp has always held a "they suck" mentality. 

Most of us are usually positive because we want to be. He has always been down on the team and miserable because whatever reason he comes up with that day.  Hell even after wins he would come in on Monday and act like it was nothing important and crap all over fans that were happy about the win. 

I only point to the Entercom thing because his attitude change around the time it happened. 

The Bills have been 2-0, 3-0 in the past but he never changed his outlook. 

Your assessment here is not really accurate.

Schopp and Bulldog adopt a "this is how it is" approach to the team, and for most of the last 20 years, that has meant "The team sucks."   Can't fault them for calling garbage "garbage."  

I know this is strange to the vast majority of posters at this forum, which functions as a Bills Cheerleading Club and where posters choose to pretend it is all always going to go well as a form of religion, a few steps removed from reality.  

The team and organization, right now, are standing on the firmest ground they've seen in 2 decades and more.  I think Schopp and Bulldog's comments/optimism simply reflect that.

I am actually surprised they are not more vocal/critical of Josh Allen, who is far from a proven commodity, but for whatever reason, they have chosen not to go that route and have maintained a "so far, so good" approach with him.

Maybe that is more of what you are talking about.  It does feel like they have been told to take it easy with Josh Allen so as not to alienate all of their listeners.  

A thread starts up here about once a week bitching about Mike Schopp, basically disliking him because he is rude to callers.

He is rude to some callers--the really idiotic ones, which doesn't bother me at all.

Once in a while he gets a sharp caller who is informed, actually knows the correct names of the players/coaches he speaks about,  and has something intelligent to say.  Schopp goes out of his way to praise such callers and is not rude to them at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Frez said:

Murph has a great show. 

Schopp and Bulldog not so much. Can't even listen to it anymore, it's beyond painful. 

Murph's show is horrible. 

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Your assessment here is not really accurate.

Schopp and Bulldog adopt a "this is how it is" approach to the team, and for most of the last 20 years, that has meant "The team sucks."   Can't fault them for calling garbage "garbage."  

I know this is strange to the vast majority of posters at this forum, which functions as a Bills Cheerleading Club and where posters choose to pretend it is all always going to go well as a form of religion, a few steps removed from reality.  

The team and organization, right now, are standing on the firmest ground they've seen in 2 decades and more.  I think Schopp and Bulldog's comments/optimism simply reflect that.

I am actually surprised they are not more vocal/critical of Josh Allen, who is far from a proven commodity, but for whatever reason, they have chosen not to go that route and have maintained a "so far, so good" approach with him.

Maybe that is more of what you are talking about.  It does feel like they have been told to take it easy with Josh Allen so as not to alienate all of their listeners.  

A thread starts up here about once a week bitching about Mike Schopp, basically disliking him because he is rude to callers.

He is rude to some callers--the really idiotic ones, which doesn't bother me at all.

Once in a while he gets a sharp caller who is informed, actually knows the correct names of the players/coaches he speaks about,  and has something intelligent to say.  Schopp goes out of his way to praise such callers and is not rude to them at all.

I think the reason they are giving Allen the benefit of the doubt is because the Bills are doing what they have banged on about for years.... running a pass heavy offense.