Does anyone call in to Schopp & Bulldog anymore?

notwoz

I love fantasy football, but its a lonely world. You win your league, and nobody celebrates you. I dont mind playing guys that the bills play against, but i dont tell the fan im sitting next to, that im happy the bills got scored on. Cause nobody cares that guy was on my fantasy team. 

If the bills win, everbody i know celebrates with me. Thats more important.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/19/2019 at 7:35 AM, The Wiz said:

No idea but something feels like they got spooked a few weeks ago. 

I feel like it was right around the time of the Entercom radio hack thing happened but they have pretty much followed right along in the footsteps of talking up the team as much as the other shows. 

They still throw in their "but" quibs here and there but I've never heard them talk so positive of the Bills when both have historically said they both don't like/trust what they see. 

So, when the Bills were consistently poor to mediocre for 20 years they said they didn't like/trust what they see.

And now when the team actually is starting to look like a real team with a real front office that might be good this year but sure looks like next year will be even better ... they stop saying they don't like/trust what they see?

Wow, this is tough to figure. I wonder what nefarious plot they're hatching.

• Like (+1) 2

Schopp is insufferable and delusional.  He clearly believes he is better than his current station in life.  His only apparent joy is fantasy football, so he falls back on that and whatever else he can muster up on his drive into the studio.

I only listen occasionally to hear the strange sounds that occasionally come out of Bulldog, who seems like an affable guy being dragged down Mr. Mensa.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:20 PM, notwoz said:

I have largely stopped listening to the show. But this afternoon I called it up on my computer and haven't heard a single caller. Granted, I have drifted in and out of range of  the speakers, but I haven't heard any voices other than the hosts and Joe B. Maybe it's because it's Friday and they have their silly fantasy football nonsense to talk about, but it seems that here is no real interaction with fans. Is this an aberration? Or is this the new normal for the show?

It is my belief that since WGR550 took over the Bills for all broadcast related things (games, John Murphy show, etc..) they have been forced to change their format a ton. Both the morning and afternoon shows use to be more caller based and they had a lot of producer related jokes like Panther or the many drafts they do which have been cut back or removed completely. I think it was done to streamline and have a more professional presence as the voice of the Bills.

If you listen they have far more reporters both internal and guest the regularly are on the show so there is not as much time.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:14 PM, wagon127 said:

Whether you love or hate schopp and the bulldog. Listening to their post game shows, especially after home games, is hilarious. The disdain they have to drunk callers and needing to do traffic updates. So many people call in just to heckle them. 

My wife who doesn't care to listen to them has grown to love listening to WGR after games. It is freakin hysterical some of the calls. Truthfully losses are better then wins because the places people go are downright astonishing.

13 hours ago, Madbillsfan said:

The callers today on One  Bills Live were terrible. Boomer day drinkers who were incoherent, don't know players names or anything about football. 

It was hilarious. 

This was great. I loved how Murph shot them down and hung up and then he and Tasker had a good laugh about it. 

The following calls were good, though.