Does anyone call in to Schopp & Bulldog anymore?

notwoz

4 hours ago, Stads said:

Do Schopp and the Bulldog always replay a previously aired interview during the last segment? I usually listen between 3 and 4 on my way home from work. I was a little intrigued when I was out the other night to see how they wrapped up the show. They played a Sal interview that I heard earlier in the show. It seemed lazy and I was hoping to get a recap of the entire show.

They are the laziest two people going.  I'm pretty sure one of both of them check out at 6, and they just do the reruns of earlier interviews and play a tape of them signing off...............They get so much time off.  One or the other constantly "has the day off today."...............And, they can't even put in a 4th hour of work. 

Whenever they play an audio clip of a Buffalo Sabre making a comment, they then spend the next couple of minutes yucking it up, trying to guess whose voice it is.   Schopp, ever cool in his own estimation, guesses cultural figures past and present: Ronald Reagan, Lou Ferrigno, Yogi Berra, Dolly Parton.  They employ a buzzer (wrong guess) and a triangle sound (right guess) to enhance their disrespect.  

11 minutes ago, Blue on Blue said:

Whenever they play an audio clip of a Buffalo Sabre making a comment, they then spend the next couple of minutes yucking it up, trying to guess whose voice it is.   Schopp, ever cool in his own estimation, guesses cultural figures past and present: Ronald Reagan, Lou Ferrigno, Yogi Berra, Dolly Parton.  They employ a buzzer (wrong guess) and a triangle sound (right guess) to enhance their disrespect.  

I've heard that a couple of times and they just keep going on and on.  

• Like (+1) 1

I can only hope for a shake up at wgr soon....... I wanna listen to sports radio. As in content that dosent involve a half hour conversation about were you park your car in the harbor center ramp.. Schoop and Bulldog are disrepectful to Buffalo Fans that take time out of there day to listen and then have enough intrest to call a converse with them. And people get their heads ripped off because the 5ft tough guy that sits in a booth dosent agree and your wrong! I never understood how us fans waste are time. 

I know more about current sports than most of the staff there and I'm drive a truck OTR every day. I listen for Sal and the non hockey guests. Morning show does not do pre show research, they do it on air. Afternoon are more listenable than in the past. I can only imagine how bad or good the instigators show is. The team is terrible and why would I want to ruin my sunny Florida drive? I'll go over to 1520 until One Bill's Live. At least John Murphy can hold up his end of the bargain and not talk about what he's reading on the internet right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Schopp used most of the first segment to explain why he cares more if his fantasy team wins this week over the Bills winning. He would be ecstatic if Lamar Jackson has a huge fantasy day in a Ravens win. What a joke. I keep listening because it's what I have on the ride home from work, but this is asinine 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Stads said:

Schopp used most of the first segment to explain why he cares more if his fantasy team wins this week over the Bills winning. He would be ecstatic if Lamar Jackson has a huge fantasy day in a Ravens win. What a joke. I keep listening because it's what I have on the ride home from work, but this is asinine 

Its so bad.

One day they literally spent an entire segment talking about olives.....

OLIVES

Oh yeah, and this was in the middle of the Bills season

I haven't listened since.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Its so bad.

One day they literally spent an entire segment talking about olives.....

OLIVES

Oh yeah, and this was in the middle of the Bills season

I haven't listened since.

To be fair, olives are unique and delicious. 

23 minutes ago, Stads said:

Bulldog called him the worst.  And, he got pissed off................He is the worst.  He said his favorite teams are his fantasy teams.  He cares more about them than the Bills or any other team.............If I were a fantasy person (I actually hate the whole thing, mainly because of this reason), I would do exactly what Bulldog said.  Start Jackson.  But, root for the Bills and if Jackson has a good day and gets you points, fine.  But, I'd never be rooting for him.  

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

Bulldog called him the worst.  And, he got pissed off................He is the worst.  He said his favorite teams are his fantasy teams.  He cares more about them than the Bills or any other team.............If I were a fantasy person (I actually hate the whole thing, mainly because of this reason), I would do exactly what Bulldog said.  Start Jackson.  But, root for the Bills and if Jackson has a good day and gets you points, fine.  But, I'd never be rooting for him.  

Bulldog did call him the worst, but it was in his passive "don't poke the bear" way. Schopp needs to hang it up. He doesn't have to be a fan, but he has to respect that his listeners live and breathe our teams

• Like (+1) 1

I no longer listen. It’s either Spotify or Sirius XM once the 3 o’clock hour rolls around.

on Sunday’s after games tho, they can be awful. They usually bash the Bills after a win. You just gotta hold out til the over time shows starts. Those guys are good! 

24 minutes ago, Stads said:

Bulldog did call him the worst, but it was in his passive "don't poke the bear" way. Schopp needs to hang it up. He doesn't have to be a fan, but he has to respect that his listeners live and breathe our teams

Bulldog even said as much. He said he's still going to play Jackson but would prefer a bills win over the fantasy points. 

Schopp needs to call that new jersey gambling commercial that they play on radio.com.  Not to make a bet but to call for gambling addiction. 

Flat out said his fantasy teams are more important than any other team was basically him confirming his addiction IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve began listening on the radio.com app and would agree that they are really disrespectful to callers.  I’m not the type that would ever call in, but I can respect how important callers are to an afternoon sports talk show.   Francesca can be rude to callers as well, but he doesn’t just dismiss people mid-sentence, with regularity, and move onto other callers. 

• Like (+1) 1