Does anyone call in to Schopp & Bulldog anymore?

notwoz

23 minutes ago, bbb said:

Thanks.  How would that have anything to do with them talking more positively about the team?  

It's a tinfoil hat theory is all. 

They made a comment on the Howard Simon show to Sal about getting a cheap ticket/flight to the giants game because of the attack. 

It was an off the cuff comment but Sal sounded like it was more serious than Simon. 

And even before they played the giants Schopp started acting a little more "what if this happens" instead of his usual "no that's not possible" attitude. 

It just felt strange with the timing the show that everyone hates because they are always down on everything that either team does started acting in a more neutral/positive tone. 

Again, tinfoil hat. 

And I was hitting the sauce pretty hard last night so there's that too. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Every bills fan, including the people on this board are suddenly more positive about the team, then they have been in 20 years. Were we hacked by entercom radio too?

Nooooo! It just might be, call me crazy, they actually resemble a real football team, who could make and win Playoff games.

Not... well, you know where not is going virtually this entire millenium. 
Ok, let’s face it- it’s been a 5 Alarm Tire Fire from Beginning to end!

You know what would make all these shows better on WGR?  Talk about the other team in town that is winning and playing good hockey. Its unfortunate that Bills transplants only follow the Bills. Were any of you Sabres fans before you moved? Or was that before your time?

33 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

You know what would make all these shows better on WGR?  Talk about the other team in town that is winning and playing good hockey. Its unfortunate that Bills transplants only follow the Bills. Were any of you Sabres fans before you moved? Or was that before your time?

You don't think they talk enough about the Sabres?!? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Nooooo! It just might be, call me crazy, they actually resemble a real football team, who could make and win Playoff games.

Not... well, you know where not is going virtually this entire millenium. 
Ok, let’s face it- it’s been a 5 Alarm Tire Fire from Beginning to end!

I know sarcasm is hard to interpret on the internet. I was hoping it would work this time. I like schopp and the bulldog, and they know when the team deserves their praise, and when we should be skeptical of them. Alot of people hated them for saying Tyrod wasnt a franchise QB. Depending on the caller, they were either trying to tell the caller that they were too high on him, or too low on him. If the team made the playoffs every 2 or 3 years, i would hate schopp and the bull dog for acting like they do. Instead based on what we watched from the bills over the last 19 years, they had every right to have the opinions they had. Yes including the playoff season, which was great for the franchise, but the team had a negative point differential, and was a poor man's playoff team.

This year's team is legit and might be a game or 2 of the division for most of the season.

Schopp and the Bull Dog are just realistic, and this time it is realistic to say this team can win the division. They weren't hacked like this thread has suggested.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I know sarcasm is hard to interpret on the internet. I was hoping it would work this time. I like schopp and the bulldog, and they know when the team deserves their praise, and when we should be skeptical of them. Alot of people hated them for saying Tyrod wasnt a franchise QB. Depending on the caller, they were either trying to tell the caller that they were too high on him, or too low on him. If the team made the playoffs every 2 or 3 years, i would hate schopp and the bull dog for acting like they do. Instead based on what we watched from the bills over the last 19 years, they had every right to have the opinions they had. Yes including the playoff season, which was great for the franchise, but the team had a negative point differential, and was a poor man's playoff team.

This year's team is legit and might be a game or 2 of the division for most of the season.

Schopp and the Bull Dog are just realistic, and this time it is realistic to say this team can win the division. They weren't hacked like this thread has suggested.

Only a complete homer, with a white cane, would believe that the Bills (I mean the entire org from Owner to Punter) didn’t deserve INTENSE CRITICISM for virtually the entire Millenium!

Virtually nada was done properly!

Owners hired GMs because they were septuagenarian aged fossils- who knew nada but the owner!

GMs hired the worst set of successive clown HCs in the history of the franchise.

GMs & HCs routinely FUBARed #1 Draft Picks, overpaid for bums, gave away semi stars, couldn’t make Time Clock & 4th Down decisions if their life depended on it, etc.!

Players were routinely stupid, lazy, incompetent, crazy and unable to perform football basics routinely!

It has been a Gong Show!

Now, we hope & believe a New Era has begun! It certainly appears so on the D side, as opposing teams appear to be frightened of this group. There are still issues on the other side and even, with the eedgit Punter! OBD should make every attempt to steal an existing, experienced WR or any other player, that will assist.Next year, of course, Draft a #1 WR!

But, don’t be shy right now! When the brass ring finally comes a calling, grab it with both hands and do whatever you possibly can to improve, right now!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I was a Sabres fan well before I was a Bills fan because I saw the Sabres on cable well before I ever saw many Bills games. On GR Howard and Jeremy talk plenty about the Sabres plus the instigators is probably the only 2 hours you will find in any major city dedicated to pure hockey outside of Canada. 

Edited by Locomark

Are you aware of Sabres hockey hotline , which airs from 10am to 12 noon every weekday ? Even during the offseason ( ridiculous). Sorry but they talk too much hockey as it is. There’s only so much you can talk about with hockey, it doesn’t lend itself to discussions of strategy , players etc like NFL football does. To me, hockey starts to matter when the NFL season ends, and doesn’t really heat up until the playoffs. 

20 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Your assessment here is not really accurate.

Schopp and Bulldog adopt a "this is how it is" approach to the team, and for most of the last 20 years, that has meant "The team sucks."   Can't fault them for calling garbage "garbage."  

I know this is strange to the vast majority of posters at this forum, which functions as a Bills Cheerleading Club and where posters choose to pretend it is all always going to go well as a form of religion, a few steps removed from reality.  

The team and organization, right now, are standing on the firmest ground they've seen in 2 decades and more.  I think Schopp and Bulldog's comments/optimism simply reflect that.

I am actually surprised they are not more vocal/critical of Josh Allen, who is far from a proven commodity, but for whatever reason, they have chosen not to go that route and have maintained a "so far, so good" approach with him.

Maybe that is more of what you are talking about.  It does feel like they have been told to take it easy with Josh Allen so as not to alienate all of their listeners.  

A thread starts up here about once a week bitching about Mike Schopp, basically disliking him because he is rude to callers.

He is rude to some callers--the really idiotic ones, which doesn't bother me at all.

Once in a while he gets a sharp caller who is informed, actually knows the correct names of the players/coaches he speaks about,  and has something intelligent to say.  Schopp goes out of his way to praise such callers and is not rude to them at all.

Great, you're grading them on a curve then. The fact that the callers suck, doesn't mean they don't suck as well.

One of them admitted on the post game last game that he just takes other people's takes and repeats them if they align with how he "feels." 

Know nothing gas bags imo. They are the definition of Stugotz from the Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz, except he is a parody of those gas bag sports radio host, and these guys are his model.

Tick, tick, tick until Geary and co take the post game, which is the only time I listen to those two. I find them horribly insufferable, with low knowledge. They literally add nothing to my understanding of what I saw amd just aim to elicit emotional reactions in people.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Are you aware of Sabres hockey hotline , which airs from 10am to 12 noon every weekday ? Even during the offseason ( ridiculous). Sorry but they talk too much hockey as it is. There’s only so much you can talk about with hockey, it doesn’t lend itself to discussions of strategy , players etc like NFL football does. To me, hockey starts to matter when the NFL season ends, and doesn’t really heat up until the playoffs. 

I am very aware of the Sabres radio show. I tune when I can as I think it's a great show. Hockey should matter all season, not just after the Bills season is over. Its one of the best sports to watch IMO. 

I am very aware of the Sabres radio show. I tune when I can as I think it's a great show. Hockey should matter all season, not just after the Bills season is over. Its one of the best sports to watch IMO. 

It can be great to watch, not so great to talk about. Too many games, and a team can lose five in a row without it affecting their postseason hopes all that much. Just my opinion, but hockey doesn’t come close to the NFL overall. Different strokes...

Howard and Jeremy are the best. Nice balance of realistic and optimistic. 

Schopp currently gives the team kudos for the defense, just not impressed enough with the offense. The Bills do not have an offense that puts up gaudy numbers but it gets the job done. He wants the prolific offense. 

By the way, I cringe whenever I hear someone replacing Allen with Kaepernick. Usually some guy in his 50s or 60s who's not in touch with the internet lol.

Honearly, as much as I used to love it, I find sports-talk radio, in general pretty unlistenable any more.  . I know Schoop and Bulldog have their detractors, and I understand why.  They are probably the worst possible choices to host the post-game show..the kid who is on after them is more informative, but every bit as negative.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Honearly, as much as I used to love it, I find sports-talk radio, in general pretty unlistenable any more.  . I know Schoop and Bulldog have their detractors, and I understand why.  They are probably the worst possible choices to host the post-game show..the kid who is on after them is more informative, but every bit as negative.

Nate Geary is you you are referring to. He's sooooo much better.

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nate Geary is you you are referring to. He's sooooo much better.

He is better, in the sense that he talks football...but he (like S & D) always seems to have a whipping boy after every game...no matter how things go, they seem to just always have to find something negative to focus on.  like it is the most important take away from every game.  I listened the week after the Patriots game, and the big story on both shows was how bad Zay Jones is/was.  It started with Bulldog, and continued on with Geary...honestly, it turned my stomach.  Our Buffalo teams, for far more of our existence (I think we are roughly the same age) have been pretty bad...so we have a hockey team that gets off to a great start, and a football team that is off to a terrific start, and all the talk about is how they have "seen enough" of one WR (as if he cost them the game) or how as fun as the hockey team might be, they still aren't getting enough secondary scoring...jeezus... give us just a few weeks to enjoy a little success...there will likely be plenty of time to be miserable later.

• 5 weeks later...

Do Schopp and the Bulldog always replay a previously aired interview during the last segment? I usually listen between 3 and 4 on my way home from work. I was a little intrigued when I was out the other night to see how they wrapped up the show. They played a Sal interview that I heard earlier in the show. It seemed lazy and I was hoping to get a recap of the entire show.