Does anyone call in to Schopp & Bulldog anymore?

notwoz

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I wasnt but I can't say the same for anyone else on here. 

My point was more to the fact that no matter what the Bills have done in the past, Schopp has always held a "they suck" mentality. 

Most of us are usually positive because we want to be. He has always been down on the team and miserable because whatever reason he comes up with that day.  Hell even after wins he would come in on Monday and act like it was nothing important and crap all over fans that were happy about the win. 

I only point to the Entercom thing because his attitude change around the time it happened. 

The Bills have been 2-0, 3-0 in the past but he never changed his outlook. 

What pissed me off about these two fools was the none stop ACCURACY talk about Allen , I get it it was 52% , but what bugs me was the NONE  STOP  talk that he/Allen will NEVER be a 60% completion QB , 

at least Bulldog said that Maybe Allen could improve to 57% - 59% completion % with a better OL and WR’s 

I can listen to bulldog but I can’t stand the other fool and not just because of his opinion of Allen or the Bills in general , 

just want to smack Smack him 

Edited by Putin

the dope and dog show is awful. hard to call in when i havent listened in months.

john murphy is a homer with an opinion...i dont mind that at all.  its that second homer tasker who has ruined a good show.

they need to dump tasker and add a third member contrarian.....like when marty biron is on the instigators,,,,thats great fun and interesting

12 hours ago, CamDMC said:

Murph is a homer and no matter who his co-host he is just insufferable. That show is awful. 

Sports radio is harder for me to listen to all around:

-Murph is a homer, that is true, but I expect that.  I'll listen sometimes and I don't hate the show, but he too often acts like the 'old guy, get off my lawn' type of thing

-Sports radio in general has gone away from what I liked (a host bringing up a topic or two, asking for callers, and commenting on what THEIR opinion is)....and it has gone more to a confrontational radio (host brings up a topic, STRONGLY tells you their opinion, and then basically mocks any caller that disagrees).  That is what must get ratings, because in the past 10-15 years, it seems all sports talk has gone to that (think Cowherd, Stephen A. Smith..etc)

-I don't listen to Jim Rome much at all (never like the style of his show), but he seems like he is one of the MORE tolerant guys out there with respect to others opinions.

-Shopp and the Bulldog.  They have gone stale. They have been stale for a while.  The younger guys on WGR aren't as polished, but I much prefer listening to them on Nights or weekends just for something different.  The best thing WGR can do is to 'split up' their hosts and move them around to different shows.  When one of the morning guys teams up with one of the afternoon guys occasionally, it gets me to listed just to hear some different interaction.

-Instigators is probably my favorite show now.  A bit too much of the "when I played hockey...." from the hosts, but overall they are more fun to listen to and more tolerant of callers. Good guests also.  The other day, Peters made a comment about how now that he is out of the game, he doesn't like watching many of the fights (the staged fights as he defines them).  Agree with him or not, I like hearing someone actually CHANGE and EVOLVE their opinion of something.

-Finally, Callers just don't call in as much as they used to.  People now don't want to call, wait on hold, and then talk to the show...they would much rather interact by twitter or text.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You can hear how disappointed Schopp is after a Bills win. Like it flushes most of his material.

It’s more then that it’s like( with every win )  he dies a little more inside 

13 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I wasnt but I can't say the same for anyone else on here. 

My point was more to the fact that no matter what the Bills have done in the past, Schopp has always held a "they suck" mentality. 

Most of us are usually positive because we want to be. He has always been down on the team and miserable because whatever reason he comes up with that day.  Hell even after wins he would come in on Monday and act like it was nothing important and crap all over fans that were happy about the win. 

I only point to the Entercom thing because his attitude change around the time it happened. 

The Bills have been 2-0, 3-0 in the past but he never changed his outlook. 

That’s actually not true, but you know, why let the facts.......

He, like a lot us, was twice burned by saying out loud that he thought it was different that year. How can anyone blame people for being skeptical. I’m eternally optimistic but I get the other side.

• Like (+1) 1

Living away from Buffalo, I randomly listen to all of the WGR podcasts. I prefer Jeremy and Howard in the morning over them all for football.  Murphy and Tasker just seem to be filler with so much babble and redundancy although their guests are usually good so they would rank second. Schoop and the Bulldog are not actually worse than Tasker but have a very low tolerance for idiots calling in. I can honestly say that there are some extremely good calls from fans and some of the dumbest calls I have ever heard. I listen when I walk many miles every day and even I would hang up on some of the moronic suggestions. If I have a few hours a days to dedicate to WGR, it’s always some of the morning show and the instigators if the Sabres are decent. I often search the radio.com app on my phone and seek out the specific interview guests by show based on what I am interested in. Sure beats sitting through Tasker or Rivet telling me about donut drive throughs for 30 minutes at a time.

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

I like streaming WGR, but once 3 o’clock rolls around, I switch to Spotify.

Shopp and the bulldog are unfortunately, UNBEARABLE. 

Yet you spend time on this message board, filled with.. stupid fans, eh? 

I listen to the show and discuss the Bills here, never going to get away from stupid fans...

23 hours ago, The Wiz said:

No idea but something feels like they got spooked a few weeks ago. 

I feel like it was right around the time of the Entercom radio hack thing happened but they have pretty much followed right along in the footsteps of talking up the team as much as the other shows. 

They still throw in their "but" quibs here and there but I've never heard them talk so positive of the Bills when both have historically said they both don't like/trust what they see. 

What is the Entercom hack?  

22 hours ago, CamDMC said:

The show is good. You all sound like John Murphy listeners. I wish they didn't take callers honestly.

I listened yesterday and noticed a lack of callers and I was definitely glad.  They add nothing.  Tony Kornheiser stopped taking calls 20 years ago. 

On 10/18/2019 at 6:20 PM, notwoz said:

I have largely stopped listening to the show. But this afternoon I called it up on my computer and haven't heard a single caller. Granted, I have drifted in and out of range of  the speakers, but I haven't heard any voices other than the hosts and Joe B. Maybe it's because it's Friday and they have their silly fantasy football nonsense to talk about, but it seems that here is no real interaction with fans. Is this an aberration? Or is this the new normal for the show?

I wouldnt know, i dont listen to that garbage.

I I could go back in time and change two things it would be to go back to early 1990’s to convince those two to choose any other profession other than sports talk. That way the Western NY would not have been deprived of actual sports talk for the last 15 years. Schoop would probably make a good car towing lot supervisor since since he loves to condescend and patronize people who have it all wrong. Bulldog looks like the kind of guy that would be happy living in a cabin in Vermont repairing model boats for a living. 

• Thank you (+1) 2