Vic Beasley on the trading block

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

No team is trading for that contract with little production 

You are exactly correct.  In addition, he's an UFA next year.  Why trade any assets for a guy who isn't getting the job done and will be able to walk next year ( unless franchised) ?  These insane potential trade posts get ridiculous.  People seem to want Beane to chase every guy that a team wants to dump. Unless there is a rash of injuries, I don't expect Beane to make any deals that involve giving up draft picks or significant amounts of cash.  He is setting up to sign the best of our own and make significant draft additions.  We've watched him for a couple of years now and the strategy seems to be pretty clear.  Given the results to this point, I'm okay with his approach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

You are exactly correct.  In addition, he's an UFA next year.  Why trade any assets for a guy who isn't getting the job done and will be able to walk next year ( unless franchised) ?  These insane potential trade posts get ridiculous.  People seem to want Beane to chase every guy that a team wants to dump. Unless there is a rash of injuries, I don't expect Beane to make any deals that involve giving up draft picks or significant amounts of cash.  He is setting up to sign the best of our own and make significant draft additions.  We've watched him for a couple of years now and the strategy seems to be pretty clear.  Given the results to this point, I'm okay with his approach.

Nah. Pass rusher is position of need, which is why I posted it. He’s young and was a 1st rd pick. He’s not perfect but if he was he wouldn’t be available. If you wouldn’t give up anything that’s fine, but It’s not a ridiculous thought imo. I anticipate it would come with an extension or it wouldn’t happen, so the UFA part isn’t an issue. But if so could turn into a comp pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nah. Pass rusher is position of need, which is why I posted it. He’s young and was a 1st rd pick. He’s not perfect but if he was he wouldn’t be available. If you wouldn’t give up anything that’s fine, but It’s not a ridiculous thought imo. I anticipate it would come with an extension or it wouldn’t happen, so the UFA part isn’t an issue. But if so could turn into a comp pick. 

..but how would he solve the "pass rusher" need when it would be a stretch to believe he'd be able to replace any of the current players on the roster..and he would cost more..and if he somehow managed to return to form then he'd want a hefty mutli-year contract?

Trading for him would make no sense...unless Atlanta is giving up something to get rid of him..

• Like (+1) 1

Too many questions surrounding this guy, and certainly not worth draft picks. This is not the guy the Bills are looking for, so just add him to the endless list of "Should the Bills go after him" nonsense.

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I honestly didn’t know who this was before reading this thread. 

Why should you know who he is? Another flash in the pan. Atlanta wants to dump the guy and get what they can for him.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The problem is, he isn’t good nor do I think he cares about the game a lot.  He had 1 good year out of 5, why would you want to extend him? It is ridiculous when you think that the 7th rounder the Bills picked this year will have a similar impactful career than Beasley. Beasley has had 1 sack in 6 post season games. None in the Super Bowl season playoffs. Beasley will be out of the league in 2-3 years. No way Beane makes this trade. I am sure Beane and McDermott coming from NFC south know to stay away from Beasley. 

• Like (+1) 1