Week 7 expert picks

4 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Is this with the points or straight up?  Unless I'm missing it, this is straight up.

It isn’t  a completion against the spread.  This is a straight up pick-em competitions which makes the Wickersham pick even dinners.  But I guess he wants to be the guy on Twitter that screen caps his picks and says “see I told you so!”

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You're getting +17 points against a team that only scores, on average, 18 points?

If I still gambled, I'd be all over that.

(And I would lose. Which is why I stopped gambling.)

18?  
you are off by 10. 

8.4 ppg 

prior to the game against Washington it was 8ppg 

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Fortunately the same guy on ESPN who picked the Broncos to beat the Chiefs is the same one who picked the Dolphins to beat the Bills.

He's also one of only two people to pick the Bengals to get their first win & beat the Jags.

But hey, he also has the 2nd best overall record, so maybe he knows something we don't.

Maybe but 

I don’t buy it. 

Also, here's CBS's straight up picks - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/7

Everyone picked the Bills. 

Edit: When it comes to the fan picks for each game, the Bills have the highest voting total in their favor. 94% picked the Bills, 6% picked the Dolphins.

In comparison, the undefeated 49ers playing against the 1-win Redskins had the vote split 92% to 8%, and the undefeated Pats vs the 1-win Jets had the vote split 88% to 12%.

That really says a lot about how awful the Dolphins are considered this year...

Edited by BigDingus

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I saw nothing on ESPN that indicated a point spread.  

so yeah he picked Miami straight up. 

That’s laughable. That would be the pick in a Survival Pool. I’m in those and others where you pick your Top 10 weekly ATS and bet the odd game. Plus Futures on Divisions, Conferences & SB. 

Taking the Bills and laying the 17 takes balls, not fools picking a team with no spread! 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bmbchiefs66 said:

Bills should be favored around 1-2.5 points against philly at home. That would be my assumption. 

And anybody outside of true bills fans that say they knew the bills would be a top 3 team in afc is fos. 

if the Bills beat the Fins soundly the spread will be at minimum - 3 points.  

if Philly loses Sunday I would expect that to double.  

8 hours ago, Albwan said:

If I was a gambler I would take fins with that point spread as well.

I think Bills win, I don't think Bills blow them out.

I don't wager, but if I did, I'd be taking the points. With the Bills rather anemic offense (Haven't scored 20 points in three of five games-- and struggled to do so vs. a lousy Cincinnati team), I don't see them blowing anyone out.  And then you've got the Fitz factor...

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The guy who picked the Dolphins is probably behind in his stupid picking record so he's hoping to go against the grain to get a win that nobody else will.  That or he is very, very dumb.

Yea it must be this. He is trying to make up a few spots. 

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks

All but 1 picked Buffalo 

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/expert-picks

2 pick a Miami to cover 

F that guy !!!

:D

13 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Do you recommend that  guys bet $5k  taking the points and then not tell their wife and family about it?  ?

who did that?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Albwan said:

If I was a gambler I would take fins with that point spread as well.

I think Bills win, I don't think Bills blow them out.

With Rosen I'd take the Bills at -17 but not with Fitz.  Stay the hell away from this game from a gambling perspective.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm taking the Bills I think. I believe over the last 10 Phins/Bills games, we would have covered a 17pt spread 3 times iirc...which is pretty amazing. Miami isn't going to score a lot of points against this defense and this season they would be 1-4 ATS if they were getting 17 points every single game thus far which includes 3 home games...the line is pretty good if you ask me. OK just talked myself into it I'm taking Buffalo happily here lol

might wanna rethink that cause fitz will probably start hot and hang 13 out of the gate.  bills with a couple of miscues, then wake up, but not 30 pts. worth.

The Bills are scoring an average of 18 points per game.   However, the Dolphins are giving up a whopping 36 PPG - they've been blown out every game with the exception of the game against Washington in the Tua bowl.  This game is against Fitz as the starting QB and we know how hot and cold he can be...even in the same game.

I believe that the Bills will win and I would avoid betting this game at all costs.