Kelechi osemele injury situation - very bad look for the Jets (update: Cut)

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Here is a nice place that Buffalo stands apart .. they have had Devin Singletary and Taron Johnson close to coming back .. instead of forcing the issue they give them an extra week .. to a point above .. with the Cordy Glenn, Trent Williams, and now this situation ... free agents will notice.

Josh Allen did come back from that concussion fairly early though but I am no doctor... Keyword, I am no doctor.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, he is??

Well, if we can only pick one of those words as the key word it becomes too vague.is it I, am, no or doctor? This is tough.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah but he had to be cleared by an independent Neurologist.

Keyword. Independent.  See, one word @Sunshower

If this is true the jets player has likely already hired a lawyer, if he hasn’t he not so smart imo. Again if it’s true.

Edited by Don Otreply

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cordy Glenn part 2

Sounds very sketchy 

I have no great faith in the NY Post, but they are reporting that the Jets regard the timing of the whole shoulder injury thing as sketchy:

"The timing of Osemele’s request for surgery raised some eyebrows inside the Jets. The coaches were planning on benching him in favor of Alex Lewis after the Patriots game. Though no one is denying he has an injury, the severity is what is disputed. Osemele may have decided to have the surgery when he felt he was losing his starting job."

This makes like less than no sense to me.  If the guy wasn't playing well, believes he further injured or aggravated the injury during the game, and now says he can't go, and you were planning to bench him anyway, why are you getting into a p***ing match with him about it?  IR him or propose an injury settlement, let him go, and bring in someone who says he can go and who wants to be there.

Why would you want your precious newly-drafted franchise QB one play away from being protected by a guy who claims he's injured and can't go?

Furthermore it's clearly a distraction to the team and the locker room - the rest of the room doubtless has opinions one way or the other.  Why publicize and escalate it this way?

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have no great faith in the NY Post, but they are reporting that the Jets regard the timing of the whole shoulder injury thing as sketchy:

"The timing of Osemele’s request for surgery raised some eyebrows inside the Jets. The coaches were planning on benching him in favor of Alex Lewis after the Patriots game. Though no one is denying he has an injury, the severity is what is disputed. Osemele may have decided to have the surgery when he felt he was losing his starting job."

This makes like less than no sense to me.  If the guy wasn't playing well, believes he further injured or aggravated the injury during the game, and now says he can't go, and you were planning to bench him anyway, why are you getting into a p***ing match with him about it?  IR him or propose an injury settlement, let him go, and bring in someone who says he can go and who wants to be there.

Why would you want your precious newly-drafted franchise QB one play away from being protected by a guy who claims he's injured and can't go?

Yeah, there’s some sketchy crap going on in  with the jets.

A lot of this sounds sketchy.

This is a wealthy kid who can see as many "second" opinions as he likes to get a certain outcome.  Also, for many conditions--especially sports related injuries--totally competent surgeons can have legitimate disagreement on which patient needs surgery now, delayed surgery or no surgery at all.  This isn't even worth pointing out.

He found some surgeons that would operate on him now.  The Jets surgeons don't think he needs surgery now. In fact they say neither the Jets doctor, NOR the second opinion guy said he needs surgery now.  Now he's saying stuff like "they won't send the second opinion to my (even newer?) doctor".  Seems like BS.

And this nonsense about "blank MRI".   Every patient has the right to access to his medical record on demand. This includes xrays.  In fact, all this guy had to do was walk into the facility where he had his MRI, ask for a copy, and they would give a disc with the complete study on it.  Typically free of charge.  Then he could show it to anyone and everyone that he wants to.

I don't see an entire medical staff putting their non-Jets livelihood on the line for some JAG player.  It doesn't work that way.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1