Kelechi osemele injury situation - very bad look for the Jets (update: Cut)

YoloinOhio

On 10/25/2019 at 7:04 AM, MR8 said:

Mehta is a Jets Fan boy who goes 100 MPH for them when things are good and 100MPH against when they're bad. He has zero journalistic integrity ...

Yeah, I always thought he was terrible....along with the rest of the Daily News sports coverage.  Do they still feature Lupica and his 'I'm a short, whiny, super-PC version of Dan Shaughnessy' act?

2 hours ago, CNY315 said:

If I were a FA contemplating the NYJ, it would be so reassuring to know I can count on the Jets front office to respect the salary rights of an injured player and a vested veteran.  Fine 'em for "Conduct Detrimental" then cut 'em, way to end-around that stuff while the player's agent posts about his surgery and implies that your team physician is incompetent

Brilliant.

NOT

This is truly one where even if the NYJ win the grievance battle, they may certainly lose the war.

Maybe this was covered already but if the Jets are found negligent in ignoring his health (he is saying 3 doctors told him to have surgery) and they cut him, IMO the NFL shouldn’t give his cut contract full cap relief next year.  Otherwise teams like Belicheat will figure out some way to game the system and it might be easier to cut someone, get sued and pay an injury settlement instead of eating a cap number. 

23 hours ago, H2o said:

As they should and I hope he gets a substantial return, as well as the Jets organization being penalized in some manner. 

Yes maybe something like losing the 2nd draft pick ?

On 10/26/2019 at 4:47 PM, KD in CA said:

Yeah, I always thought he was terrible....along with the rest of the Daily News sports coverage.  Do they still feature Lupica and his 'I'm a short, whiny, super-PC version of Dan Shaughnessy' act?

Is there another way to feature Lupica other than being a whiny B word?