Kelechi osemele injury situation - very bad look for the Jets (update: Cut)

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is where I'm confused.  If someone sends blank MRI's to a doctor, how is it not corrected immediately?  
Doctor: Hey Joe...the scans you sent are blank.  Please send over the correct ones.  

Shouldn't this have been resolved in a 30 second conversation?

One would think.  Not even a convo involving the doctor.  Medical assistant A: Hi, this is Jill from Doctor Thirdopinion's office.  The DVD we received with Mr Osemele's MRI seems to be blank.  Can you expedite the correct DVD?  Embarrassed assistant who mailed DVD: "Oh I'm so terribly sorry, I'll get right on it!"

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Gase is just awful. Such a bad leader of men. I will be surprised if he lasts past this season. There are already rumors that he's not a Darnold guy (and actually, he apparently loved Allen coming out), and at the end of the day, Darnold is more important to that team's future than Gase. 

If that's true, why would he have even taken the Jets job when you know there's no way they are giving up on a QB taken #3 overall in favor of the coach.  He was still owed money from Miami so not desperate for a job I'd assume.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If that's true, why would he have even taken the Jets job when you know there's no way they are giving up on a QB taken #3 overall in favor of the coach.  He was still owed money from Miami so not desperate for a job I'd assume.

I mean do you think he picked it over a bunch of other HC jobs?

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean do you think he picked it over a bunch of other HC jobs?

No certainly not, but why take any job if you don't think it's a good fit.  And if you didn't believe in Darnold, then regardless of anything else, it's not a good fit.  If he bombs with the Jets, that's two black marks on his resume,  and pretty bad ones too.  The likelihood of him getting a third chance is much less.

He could have instead sat out this year, and maybe would have got a better offer next year or the year after.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jets are just taking it too far with these injuries tbh :lol:

A deep dive into his groin? That could be mighty uncomfortable, depending on who’s doing the diving. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No certainly not, but why take any job if you don't think it's a good fit.  And if you didn't believe in Darnold, then regardless of anything else, it's not a good fit.  If he bombs with the Jets, that's two black marks on his resume,  and pretty bad ones too.  The likelihood of him getting a third chance is much less.

He could have instead sat out this year, and maybe would have got a better offer next year or the year after.

People were surprised he got the job at all after failing miserably in Miami usually after that you have to take a step back and be a coordinator again. I don't think he could be at all confident he'd have a HC job available if decided to let this one pass him bye.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

What was he guaranteed? If he got, say, $10 mil minimum for sure, it might have been worth the shot? If need be go back and get a coordinator job if you can? People say FA’s won’t come to Buffalo, but the money talks. (Now that we are winning, hopefully it gets easier to attract them!) 

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

People were surprised he got the job at all after failing miserably in Miami usually after that you have to take a step back and be a coordinator again. I don't think he could be at all confident he'd have a HC job available if decided to let this one pass him bye.

I think it’s safe to say he interviews better than he coaches! 

Edited by Augie

Next offseason the Jets will be lucky to get a courtesy visit from any free agents. Actually signing one would be either a miracle or a massive overpay for someone who is about done with their career. Two of the three biggest dumpster fires in the NFL are in our division. The third being the Redskins. 

I laugh at their misery. 

8 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

Next offseason the Jets will be lucky to get a courtesy visit from any free agents. Actually signing one would be either a miracle or a massive overpay for someone who is about done with their career. Two of the three biggest dumpster fires in the NFL are in our division. The third being the Redskins. 

I laugh at their misery. 

Even last offseason they basically had to pay well above market to get the guys they did. The Mosley deal, regardless of how good he is was well above the highest paid LB at the time because he preferred to stay in Baltimore and only left because he couldn’t keep turning down significantly more $. The Jets were bidding against themselves with Bell, he waited as long as he could to go somewhere else but that was his only real option for the money. Then you had Anthony Barr whose agent did the deal and when he found out he said he was sick about it and totally reneged and stayed in Minnesota for less $. They have a terrible reputation that’s just getting worse. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

I never understood why this team was praised so much in the offseason with this guy at the helm

Given their talent, I can understand the praise. 

But given that everybody knows it takes much more than talent to become winners, I’m surprised anyone is shocked at where the Jest are now. Especially with Gase at the helm, as you pointed out. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

To be fair,  one should probably point out that Mehta for years has kind of been Jets' perennial critic.  Like Jerry Sullivan but funnier and with more use of actual facts.

But yeah, since when is the coach, the leader, supposed to wait for a player to talk to him?  If it's true they benched or were about to bench Osemele, isn't that reason for the HC to proactively talk to the guy and lay it out (we're making a change, this is why, this is what we need to see from you to get your job back)?  If it's true the Jets have questions about his injury and it's not being resolved at lower levels, isn't that time for the HC to step in and see what the guy's story is?

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be fair,  one should probably point out that Mehta for years has kind of been Jets' perennial critic.  Like Jerry Sullivan but funnier and with more use of actual facts.

But yeah, since when is the coach, the leader, supposed to wait for a player to talk to him?  If it's true they benched or were about to bench Osemele, isn't that reason for the HC to proactively talk to the guy and lay it out (we're making a change, this is why, this is what we need to see from you to get your job back)?  If it's true the Jets have questions about his injury and it's not being resolved at lower levels, isn't that time for the HC to step in and see what the guy's story is?

Mehta goes back and forth with being a supporter or a critic. I think he just likes drama.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mehta is a Jets Fan boy who goes 100 MPH for them when things are good and 100MPH against when they're bad. He has zero journalistic integrity ...

• Haha (+1) 6