Kelechi osemele injury situation - very bad look for the Jets (update: Cut)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

sending out the wrong thing is one thing, sending incorrect on purpose is another

sure is. Problem remains: I think the GM is completely full of it and lying his face off. You can go ahead and stare at the totality of the facts of this complete rat**** and believe the GM as opposed to the player if you want to though.

35 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The blank MRIs are definitely true, the GM admitted as much (he claims they “mistakenly”sent them, but still.)

I'm inclined to believe the Player in this situation, but the only evidence of his admitting it is the player saying he did. It's all he said he said at this point, and I doubt we'll ever get the full scoop. 

Either way, screw the jets. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

sure is. Problem remains: I think the GM is completely full of it and lying his face off. You can go ahead and stare at the totality of the facts of this complete rat**** and believe the GM as opposed to the player if you want to though.

I just find it hard to believe, if what is asserted its sounds borderline criminal, i dont think is it is legal to falsify medical reports and the liability of this situation would be, the the deep pockets of an NFL team, thru the absolute roof.

39 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I just find it hard to believe, if what is asserted its sounds borderline criminal, i dont think is it is legal to falsify medical reports and the liability of this situation would be, the the deep pockets of an NFL team, thru the absolute roof.

"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity".  I expect there is some puffing-up of the situation on the player's side as well. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:19 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Isn't that the issue with Trent Williams and the Redskins?  I believe our own John Brown had some viewpoints that his injuries with Denver were mismanaged as well.

Medical opinions are usually written (in my experience) to hedge a bit and thus are usually subject to interpretation.  It would not be a surprise if the team interpreted in the way most favorable to their desired outcome while the player interprets differently.

It's also entirely possible that 1 or even 2 doctors and a test can miss something that a 3rd view or a 2nd test uncover.  We've experienced this in our family.

18 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

"The source says the Jets have been attempting to delay surgery by sending blank and incorrect MRI images to doctors...even going as far as refusing to release workers comp forms."

There is no way this is true, I dont believe it

Oh, I'd believe the blank MRI...but it could just be incompetence

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I’d respond with something but hapless already did. If you can stare in the face of an obvious conflict of interest and lean on the side of “they made a mistake” then fine. I disagree i think the jets are a ship without a captain with their real owner playing make-believe diplomat. 

• Like (+1) 1

"The source says the Jets have been attempting to delay surgery by sending blank and incorrect MRI images to doctors...even going as far as refusing to release workers comp forms."

The "Source"

All as reported by world famous Adam Lefkoe on tweeter..tweeter the must "reliable and legt" new source ever created

I think if there was much validity to this the airwaves would be flooded with talk about this and the NFLPA would have a full frontal attack in place

Maybe they actually sent the wrong MRI by accident, they do happen, maybe reality is somewhere in the middle or maybe it never happened at all.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The "Source"

All as reported by world famous Adam Lefkoe on tweeter..tweeter the must "reliable and legt" new source ever created

I think if there was much validity to this the airwaves would be flooded with talk about this and the NFLPA would have a full frontal attack in place

Maybe they actually sent the wrong MRI by accident, they do happen, maybe reality is somewhere in the middle or maybe it never happened at all.

Osemele told reporters yesterday that Joe Douglas admitted to sending the blank MRIs. 

Gase comes off as a somewhat petty person to me. It’s not just this story either. It’s lots of stuff from his tenure in Miami and now NY. Like him sitting quietly off on his own during the draft this year, more/less refusing to participate because he didn’t like Maccagnan.

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Osemele told reporters yesterday that Joe Douglas admitted to sending the blank MRIs. 

Osemele says Douglas told him it was "inadvertant" and an "honest mistake".  ?‍♀️ 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/keleche-osemele-claims-jets-gm-joe-douglas-admitted-to-accidentally-sending-blank-mris-to-doctors/ar-AAJg10K

Whatever the facts and truth of the matter may be, it's somewhat head-shaking that the Jets are choosing this player and situation as "a ditch they want to die on" (eg a place to make a stand).  

37 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This feels one step away from the Jets apologizing for a “misunderstanding”.

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Osemele says Douglas told him it was "inadvertant" and an "honest mistake".  ?‍♀️ 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/keleche-osemele-claims-jets-gm-joe-douglas-admitted-to-accidentally-sending-blank-mris-to-doctors/ar-AAJg10K

Whatever the facts and truth of the matter may be, it's somewhat head-shaking that the Jets are choosing this player and situation as "a ditch they want to die on" (eg a place to make a stand).  

This is where I'm confused.  If someone sends blank MRI's to a doctor, how is it not corrected immediately?  
Doctor: Hey Joe...the scans you sent are blank.  Please send over the correct ones.  

Shouldn't this have been resolved in a 30 second conversation?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gase is just awful. Such a bad leader of men. I will be surprised if he lasts past this season. There are already rumors that he's not a Darnold guy (and actually, he apparently loved Allen coming out), and at the end of the day, Darnold is more important to that team's future than Gase. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I’d respond with something but hapless already did. If you can stare in the face of an obvious conflict of interest and lean on the side of “they made a mistake” then fine. I disagree i think the jets are a ship without a captain with their real owner playing make-believe diplomat. 

Jets owner is too busy pursuing legal settlements with plaintiffs vs. Johnson&Johnson. 

• Like (+1) 2