8 years ago we lost the anchor, Kent Hull.

Chandler#81

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

https://buffalonews.com/2011/10/19/bills-great-kent-hull-is-dead-at-age-50/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=puma&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1570742036

Just 50 years old! He came to the Bills on the same day as Kelly and retired at the same time as USFL castoffs. I recall Kelly speaking early in ‘86, saying everything he’d heard about the Bills seemed to be incorrect, specifically the OL & WRs. The OL had Kent as immediate starter at Center with Ritcher and Ken Jones returning. 

I’m glad to hear Kent is being considered for the HOF in this one-time enormous inductee class coming up. With just 3 PBs, it’s a long shot, but probably his last chance to get the credit we who were there know he deserves.

A humble, gracious & generous person, he was our best Center ever. 

Rest In Peace, Kent. You are missed!

...nice tribute bud.....hard to believe it's been eight years and that he passed at 50 with so much life ahead......

• Thank you (+1) 1

met Kent at the erie county fair,  he was there with his son.

i said  "hey,  are u?"

he nodded, smiled.

that was it,  that was all that was needed.  quiet humble guy.  was great.

always felt like the team started its decline when he retired.

a good center is very important.

rest in peace Kent. 

• Like (+1) 2

A couple from Mississippi was in our Colorado Springs Bills Booster Club years ago and when I asked her how she became a Bills fan she told

me her older brother played high school ball with Kent and she knew him well.

She had nothing but great things to say about Kent and said a lot of friends and family became diehard fans of the Bills.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I met him a couple times. At the time I was playing center for the seventh grade team. I got to go to training camp some and get all access with my family. Kent and Richter both spoke with me. I had know idea how cool that was then. I do now.

very good man. The quite, strong type. And just a nice person. 50 is way to young. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1