8 years ago we lost the anchor, Kent Hull.

Chandler#81

https://buffalonews.com/2011/10/19/bills-great-kent-hull-is-dead-at-age-50/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=puma&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1570742036

Just 50 years old! He came to the Bills on the same day as Kelly and retired at the same time as USFL castoffs. I recall Kelly speaking early in ‘86, saying everything he’d heard about the Bills seemed to be incorrect, specifically the OL & WRs. The OL had Kent as immediate starter at Center with Ritcher and Ken Jones returning. 

I’m glad to hear Kent is being considered for the HOF in this one-time enormous inductee class coming up. With just 3 PBs, it’s a long shot, but probably his last chance to get the credit we who were there know he deserves.

A humble, gracious & generous person, he was our best Center ever. 

Rest In Peace, Kent. You are missed!

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

During the offseason, one of the big topics about the free agent acquisitions was which one would make the most impact to the Bills.  My opinion then was that it would be Mitch Morse because last year's poor o-line needed upgrades and a this year's line would need a leader, much like Kent was for the Bills in his playing days.  This may be coming true but, honestly, there were so many great free agent additions to this year's team that it would be tough to single one out.  I wonder if Beane or McDermott could do that at this point.

Anyways, Kent's son replied to my comment because he liked how I described his dad.  Pick your metaphor, rock, anchor, pillar whatever.  Quiet Southern farmboy demeanor, he represented Mississippi and the Bills very well. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I used to have hockey tix behind his in old Aud.  He and House Ballard went often along with Wolford.  Always made sure to say hello to my daughter who was 3 or 4 at the time. She thought they were real live giants.  He was a true leader, strong silent type.  Great guy. And a great memory.  

Edited by freddyjj
grammar
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5