QB Patrick Mahomes suffers patella dislocation (With updates)

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...but there is plenty of second guessing out there from the "stay at home HC's"...SMH.....

I'm not just second guessing the call. I'm second guessing the whole idea of using your QB in a short yardage situation that a RB/ fullback is better equipped to handle. Times have changed.  Opposition is limited now on how they can get to a QB and rough him up. QB sneak is like an open invitation IMO.

Time will tell, but it would not surprise me If Andy Reid stops using the QB sneak with Mahomes.

Yours truly,

Couch Potato HC 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I didn’t see the game so I don’t know the context but was it a dumb decision to run a QB sneak and risk injuring your MVP or was it  a routine call and just bad luck?

It’s only a dumb call if the QB gets hurt.

The criticism of Reid this week has been ridiculous.  If you have an athletic qb, you run sneaks.  Brady isn’t even athletic and that’s a bread and butter play for BB.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, NC Book said:

Didn't Bridgewater have the same injury than put him out for a year or something? 

No.  Up until then, I used to say I dislocated my knee several times................Then, I was following Pro Football Doc or whatever on twitter and read what he had to say.  What I (and Mahomes) had was a dislocated kneecap (patella)...............What Bridgewater, and a few others, but not many have had - is a dislocated knee - the whole friggin knee is dislocated - ripping all kinds of things............And, it's pretty rare - mostly seen in car accidents, etc.  

I actually still can't figure out how Teddy B had that from a non contact injury 

On 10/18/2019 at 4:29 PM, Figster said:

I'm not just second guessing the call. I'm second guessing the whole idea of using your QB in a short yardage situation that a RB/ fullback is better equipped to handle. Times have changed.  Opposition is limited now on how they can get to a QB and rough him up. QB sneak is like an open invitation IMO.

Time will tell, but it would not surprise me If Andy Reid stops using the QB sneak with Mahomes.

Yours truly,

Couch Potato HC 

The most effective method we have on 3rd or 4th & a yard is a Josh Allen sneak. I hope you're not suggesting the Bills should be giving up on one of their highest percentage plays.  NE & Brady have been using it for 2 decades & he's never been injured on a QB sneak.  

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The most effective method we have on 3rd or 4th & a yard is a Josh Allen sneak. I hope you're not suggesting the Bills should be giving up on one of their highest percentage plays.  NE & Brady have been using it for 2 decades & he's never been injured on a QB sneak.  

Touche

Brady is arguably the king of QB sneaks...

On 10/18/2019 at 11:47 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

John Elway is proof that a good QB doesn’t make a good QB scout. 

No kidding. I was reading MMQB this morning in regards to all the QBs Elway has drafted

Osweiler _ Retired

Simien  - Backup for Jets

Lynch - Currently a backup to a dude named Duck

Lock - Shaky preseason, currently on IR

and signed/traded for

Keenum Paid 25mil for one season

Flacco - Looks completely shot

Since he was able to convince a HOFer to play QB for him. Elway probably should be fired, but likely won't since of who he used to be.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:32 PM, Success said:

It’s only a dumb call if the QB gets hurt.

The criticism of Reid this week has been ridiculous.  If you have an athletic qb, you run sneaks.  Brady isn’t even athletic and that’s a bread and butter play for BB.

Brady is one of the best ever at it. I don’t know why but he almost always gets a yard or two with them. Very rare he is stuffed. (Which is odd considering MOST teams know if it’s 3rd and a yard or less a very good chance they call it)

Only second guess I would have in running the play is because Mahomes was already playing hurt.. why take a chance of making that injury worse with this kind of play.