QB Patrick Mahomes suffers patella dislocation (With updates)

9 minutes ago, MDH said:

And then the Bills have to go face the Chiefs (with Mahomes) in the wild card game. That couldn't be worse for the Bills. I hope Mahomes gets back, and fast.

Meh, your making a few assumptions here. Your assuming the Chiefs not only finish a 3-4 seed, but that the Bills then finish with a corresponding seed to pull the Chiefs in the first round of wild card weekend. Then you assume the Bills can’t wrestle the division away from the Patriots which, at this point, is still entirely possible. You also assume Mahomes recovers completely and is 100% himself. When he doesn’t have his mobility he isn’t anywhere near the QB he is with it. Without Mahomes at 100% the Chiefs are a completely average team, at least IMO. Average line, average running game, and below average defense. In any case, way too many variables this far out. We will see how the season plays out. If Mahomes misses more than 4 games the Chiefs probably don’t make the playoffs anyways. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

So, Mahomes will recover from a high ankle sprain + Patella dislocation and will be just fine in 3 weeks?

I bet he sits out till December.....

The patella injury might be the best thing to happen to his ankle injury. It was really impacting his mobility and throwing mechanics. While I respect his grit in playing through it, his mobility is a huge facet of his game and he just wasn’t the same evasive QB after that ankle injury. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

The patella injury might be the best thing to happen to his ankle injury. It was really impacting his mobility and throwing mechanics. While I respect his grit in playing through it, his mobility is a huge facet of his game and he just wasn’t the same evasive QB after that ankle injury. 

From what I have read though, this Patella injury could impact his mobility the entire year, even after he is cleared to play again this season. 

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Matt Moore is an excellent replacement

Image result for waynes world gif

just the break we need to get a better record

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hopefully Allen never makes the cover

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Locomark said:

I get it but, now winning that top seed makes anything possible. Time to stop being passive. We are 1.5 games out and the threat of KC even if you win the division looks less daunting with their defense in shambles and Mahomes looking like he may be nursing multiple injuries as he plays this year. Time to go for it. Belicheat will be making deals so we better. 

Their Defense didn't look like it was " in shambles" last night.

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

From what I have read though, this Patella injury could impact his mobility the entire year, even after he is cleared to play again this season. 

So the Chiefs will basically start an un mobile QB, keep him in the pocket where he will be a sitting duck to further injuries.

This is the best QB in the NFL and that kind of gamble would be very foolish to say the least.

Won't happen...

Just now, HOUSE said:

So the Chiefs will basically start an un mobile QB, keep him in the pocket where he will be a sitting duck to further injuries.

This is the best QB in the NFL and that kind of gamble would be very foolish to say the least.

Won't happen...

I agree, which is why I very much question these “he won’t miss much time” reports from Rappaport. But we will see. Stranger things have happened. 

3 minutes ago, billykay said:

Their Defense didn't look like it was " in shambles" last night.

Did you watch the game? It was much more attributable to the Broncos offense than the Chiefs defense. The Broncos offense that showed up last night could have made the Dolphins defense look like a top 5 unit in the NFL. Flacco was disinterested from the 1st quarter, his line might as well have not shown up to the stadium, the RB’s couldn’t do anything, receivers dropped balls. It was one of the worst offensive performances I have seen. Someone likened it to an AAF game and I tend to agree. Unless the Chiefs defense suddenly morphed into the best defense the league has seen in multiple seasons.

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I didn’t see the game so I don’t know the context but was it a dumb decision to run a QB sneak and risk injuring your MVP or was it  a routine call and just bad luck?

Freak injury combined with a Dumb call given Mahomes banged up ankle. You just shouldn’t risk that when your QB hasn’t been given adequate time to heal from an existing injury. 

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Thanks.  So now I finally have a better understanding of what happened to me 42 years ago, right before basketball season.  And, then over and over again.

My knee was full of blood like he says.  My idiot doctor sticks a needle in to see what kind of fluid, when it came out blood.  He says "Yup, something's torn" - to this day, I have no idea what was torn. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I didn’t see the game so I don’t know the context but was it a dumb decision to run a QB sneak and risk injuring your MVP or was it  a routine call and just bad luck?

I don’t blame Reid.  I’ve never heard of a QB getting a serous injury on a QB sneak.

I think it was freak accident.

41 minutes ago, bbb said:

Thanks.  So now I finally have a better understanding of what happened to me 42 years ago, right before basketball season.  And, then over and over again.

My knee was full of blood like he says.  My idiot doctor sticks a needle in to see what kind of fluid, when it came out blood.  He says "Yup, something's torn" - to this day, I have no idea what was torn. 

Did it hurt when they put the leaches on Grampa?? ?

• Haha (+1) 1