QB Patrick Mahomes suffers patella dislocation (With updates)

36 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

So no credit for signing Peyton Manning or being the decision maker for a SB champion, and he only has a job because he won the SB. Got it.

They won the Super Bowl in spite of Manning. He couldn't throw the ball , the defense was dominate.

This will make the AFC a bit more interesting. Say Mahomes is out 3 games. I am counting those as 0-3. Matt Moore can surprise but he was terrible last night, I don’t see them beating their upcoming 3 opponents. Mahomes comes back with a 5-5 record and a battle during the final 6 games to make the playoffs, one of which against the Patriots in early December that could end up being a must win game for the Chiefs. 

15 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

This will make the AFC a bit more interesting. Say Mahomes is out 3 games. I am counting those as 0-3. Matt Moore can surprise but he was terrible last night, I don’t see them beating their upcoming 3 opponents. Mahomes comes back with a 5-5 record and a battle during the final 6 games to make the playoffs, one of which against the Patriots in early December that could end up being a must win game for the Chiefs. 

Three physical defenses in a row, and all of those teams can run the football. Chiefs will likely be limping after that stretch, and may have to run the table to win the division. 

On the QB sneak and I understand injury doesn't happen very often. Why take the risk that ends up having half the players on the field piling onto in many instances a teams most valuable player. I'm surprised serious injury doesn't happen more often. Luckily for the entertainment of the leagues sake the Mahomes injury was best case scenario of what could have been. 

In Buffalo's case, give the ball to Gore...

If the best-case scenario indeed comes to fruition, Mahomes would miss games against the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and Tennessee Titans in Week 10. With a Week 12 bye, depending on how his knee looks and where the Chiefs stand at that time, it's possible K.C. holds the QB out of the Week 11 game against the Los Angeles Chargers as well to give him two more weeks before returning for December.

With Mahomes set to miss at least a few weeks, the AFC West-leading Chiefs will roll with Matt Moore in the short term, until the reigning MVP is ready to go. Thankfully, that won't be through the end of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001066803/article/mri-confirms-patrick-mahomes-out-at-least-3-weeks

46 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

And then the Bills have to go face the Chiefs (with Mahomes) in the wild card game. That couldn't be worse for the Bills. I hope Mahomes gets back, and fast.

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

So, Mahomes will recover from a high ankle sprain + Patella dislocation and will be just fine in 3 weeks?

I bet he sits out till December.....

I think so too....unless the Chiefs just fall off of a cliff and desperately need to get back the playoff race.

He makes a lot of his plays outside the pocket....don't see him being able to do that for a little while.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

So, Mahomes will recover from a high ankle sprain + Patella dislocation and will be just fine in 3 weeks?

I bet he sits out till December.....

I agree.  It’s a pipe-dream to think he’ll miss only 3 games.  Chiefs would be idiots to rush him back.  He could be their QB for another 15 years.

• Like (+1) 1