QB Patrick Mahomes suffers patella dislocation (With updates)

HOUSE

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good call.  I looked it up.  7th in Passer Rating.  It was a tacit recognition by the league that passer rating doesn't capture some key contributions of a dual-threat QB.

It was also the fact that he scored 45 TDs and led the #1 offense in the league after losing his top wideout for the season.

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Probably the only reason why he still has a job. He signed an aging Peyton who still had just enough left in the tank to get the job done. Other than that one signing, his QB record has been abysmal. 

So no credit for signing Peyton Manning or being the decision maker for a SB champion, and he only has a job because he won the SB. Got it.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We could go 15-1 and still get the 5th seed with the Pats in our division.  Damn playoff seeding needs to change where four division winners make playoffs but then slots 1-6 are allocated by record.

I have been saying this for years, the current system makes no sense.

22 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It was also the fact that he scored 45 TDs and led the #1 offense in the league after losing his top wideout for the season.

The two are the same statement.  Newton scored 10 rushing TDs and racked up 636 rushing yards.  Those were significant contributions to the #1 offense in the league, but they are not captured in the NFL's passer rating.

As I said " It was a tacit recognition by the league that passer rating doesn't capture some key contributions of a dual-threat QB."

1 minute ago, Just in Atlanta said:

One another note, Flacco is done. His line gave up. He was just going through the motions out there. By the third quarter, he was like "whatevs." Looked like a drunk Frankenstein in the pocket. 

He probably was drunk by that point - Punch-drunk.  If I wanted to see human beings abuse each other unimpeded like that I would watch Boxing.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The two are the same statement.  Newton scored 10 rushing TDs and racked up 636 rushing yards.  Those were significant contributions to the #1 offense in the league, but they are not captured in the NFL's passer rating.

As I said " It was a tacit recognition by the league that passer rating doesn't capture some key contributions of a dual-threat QB."

He probably was drunk by that point - Punch-drunk.  If I wanted to see human beings abuse each other unimpeded like that I would watch Boxing.

Was he? He just takes sacks and doesn't even try. Aikman is right--he's so casual in the pocket. If he just tried to avoid the rush, he would've avoided a few of those sacks. Bizarre display by the Broncos offense. 

30 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Probably the only reason why he still has a job. He signed an aging Peyton who still had just enough left in the tank to get the job done. Other than that one signing, his QB record has been abysmal. 

I thought it was mainly the defense that got it done IMO. Payton wasn't all that good that season but their defense was on fire.

26 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

So no credit for signing Peyton Manning or being the decision maker for a SB champion, and he only has a job because he won the SB. Got it.

If I remember correctly Peyton was also benched at one point that season, or it may have been the one before, either way he did not have a good year that season if I remember correctly. Think he was benched for Brock O. if I'm not mistaken. Don't remember how many games it was though. But it was mainly the defense that got them there.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

True, and that  Broncos offense was the most lethargic and uninterested looking team I’ve seen all year. Pretty depressing for Broncos fans. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

True, and that  Broncos offense was the most lethargic and uninterested looking team I’ve seen all year. Pretty depressing for Broncos fans. 

Wasn't that the truth.  Flacco looked totally disinterested.