QB Patrick Mahomes suffers patella dislocation (With updates)

HOUSE

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We could go 15-1 and still get the 5th seed with the Pats in our division.  Damn playoff seeding needs to change where four division winners make playoffs but then slots 1-6 are allocated by record.

wait, you can't get the #2 seed w/o winning a division?  That is totally insane.  ???

Just now, Augie said:

Having all the weapons is great, but it looked like a different sport when Matt Moore entered the game. Like going from US Open tennis to back yard badminton. I don’t think he signed up to do any more than hold a clipboard! SURPRISE!!!

We need to set up a badminton net for the next tailgate.  Every time the shuttlecock lands on the ground...a shot of Jack Daniels.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Fitz averaged over 400 yards a game during a 3 game stretch for the Bucs in during the start of 2018.   If Fitz can do it ,  Moore can ?

Fitzpatrick has 5 >400 yd games over a 5 year span with 2 teams.  He has 17 games >300 yds over a 13 year span with (I think) 6 teams of the 8 he's played with.

Matt Moore has 1 (one) >300 yd game over a 12 year career.

In other words, Bad comparison.  No Tuna 4 U

• Like (+1) 1

Not to sound insensitive, and this is terrible for Mahomes and those who like watching him play, but: 

1.  Who is the leader for league MVP now?  My guess is Wilson.  

2.  In fantasy, I just got Hill back, now this!  (and AJ still languishing on my bench).  I know, pity me ;)

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We need to set up a badminton net for the next tailgate.  Every time the shuttlecock lands on the ground...a shot of Jack Daniels.  

You’re a trouble maker, you know that right? 

OK, I’m in! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Not to sound insensitive, and this is terrible for Mahomes and those who like watching him play, but: 

2.  In fantasy, I just got Hill back, now this!  (and AJ still languishing on my bench).  I know, pity me ;)

I think Wilson is comfortably ahead right now.  He's having an pretty incredible season.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Wilson is the lead at this point for MVP.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fitzpatrick has 5 >400 yd games over a 5 year span with 2 teams.  He has 17 games >300 yds over a 13 year span with (I think) 6 teams of the 8 he's played with.

Matt Moore has 1 (one) >300 yd game over a 12 year career.

In other words, Bad comparison.  No Tuna 4 U

Haha.  Well  the point I was trying to make is that Fitz was tearing it up for a short while when he had weapons on Tampa Bay.   Why can't Matt Moore can't do the same?    In past , he has been on teams that haven't had a stellar cast of offensive talent I believe.

56 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Were we watching the same Flacco last night? He looked like a corpse. No pocket movement, no ability to avoid any kind of rush, a few average passes, and his body language showed he had completely given up after the first quarter. Sure he had a few drops, but he was a trash bag last night. 

Yeah I thought Flacco looked done. He wasnt getting much help from his O line to be fair, but very little urgency or much at all for him

SOOOOOO glad John Elway felt secure enough in *checks notes* Case Keenum.... to pass on talents like Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Wilson is comfortably ahead right now.  He's having an pretty incredible season.

I  think given what he has around him, he was ahead of Mahomes, but Mahomes would have won due to better numbers, etc.  

I don't get to watch many Sea games, but when I do, he's amazing to watch.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Haha.  Well  the point I was trying to make is that Fitz was tearing it up for a short while when he had weapons on Tampa Bay.   Why can't Matt Moore can't do the same?    In past , he has been on teams that haven't had a stellar cast of offensive talent I believe.

Moore's most playing time was in 2011 with Miami.  He had Brandon Marshall and Reggie Bush in their primes.  His sole 300+ game was 2010 with Carolina.  He had Steve Smith and Brandon LaFell.

My point is, when you got a guy who has consistently produced 300+ yard games over more than a decade with different talent levels on different teams, he's probably got more talent than someone who racks up one (1).   Like way more, and it isn't close.

I live in St Louis.  I remember Fitzpatrick's first game as a rookie.  The team sucked, the scheme was designed to get the QB killed, and 'ol Fitz lit the place on fire in a comeback win on the road.  Fitzpatrick's problem is not his peak level of play (which can roll with just about anyone), it's his inconsistency.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I  think given what he has around him, he was ahead of Mahomes, but Mahomes would have won due to better numbers, etc.  

I don't get to watch many Sea games, but when I do, he's amazing to watch.  

MVP is not necessarily based on who has the best overall numbers.    The year Cam won the MVP,  he was like the 4th or 5th best QB based on numbers ?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Moore's most playing time was in 2011 with Miami.  He had Brandon Marshall and Reggie Bush in their primes.  His sole 300+ game was 2010 with Carolina.  He had Steve Smith and Brandon LaFell.

My point is, when you got a guy who has consistently produced 300+ yard games over more than a decade with different talent levels on different teams, he's probably got more talent than someone who racks up one (1). 

I live in St Louis.  I remember Fitzpatrick's first game as a rookie.  The team sucked, the scheme was designed to get the QB killed, and 'ol Fitz lit the place on fire in a comeback win on the road.  Fitzpatrick's problem is not his peak level of play (which can roll with just about anyone), it's his inconsistency.

No argument from me that Fitz probably has more talent than Matt Moore.

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

MVP is not necessarily based on who has the best overall numbers.    The year Cam won the MVP,  he was like the 4th or 5th best QB based on numbers ?

Good call.  I looked it up.  7th in Passer Rating.  It was a tacit recognition by the league that passer rating doesn't capture some key contributions of a dual-threat QB.

35 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yeah I thought Flacco looked done. He wasnt getting much help from his O line to be fair, but very little urgency or much at all for him

SOOOOOO glad John Elway felt secure enough in *checks notes* Case Keenum.... to pass on talents like Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson

John Elway is proof that a good QB doesn’t make a good QB scout.