QB Patrick Mahomes suffers patella dislocation (With updates)

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Great point, so did Alex Smith, and that's why he threw for over 50 TD's so often!

Mahomes threw for nothing in 2017, just like Smith.  That was Reid's fault.  Look at what Mahomes did in his start in 2017.  284 yards and ZERO TDs.  Can't blame a QB for Reid being too conservative.  Those days are over.  Reid woke up an realized you can't win in the NFL being too conservative.

The next few games will PROVE who is right.  I am confident Matt Moore will light it up.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He said "anybody" can do what Mahomes did but I'm still waiting on his reply on why Alex Smith wasn't able to....

Blame Reid.  Those days of being too conservative are over.  That is what happens when conservative play calling give you ZERO championships. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Great point, so did Alex Smith, and that's why he threw for over 50 TD's so often!

I think a more realistic way of considering the impact of Kelce, Hunt, and Hill is to look at Alex Smith in 2016 vs 2017.  Apples to Apples, same QB, different cast.

2016 with the addition of Hill to Kelce was at that point a career high for Smith in passing yards and completion percentage.  With the addition of Hunt to Hill and Kelce in 2017, Alex Smith had by far a career year - 540 more passing yards, 11 more TD, and 3 fewer INTs than his previous best season (2017, with Hill). 

That is why I think Mahomes has benefited, a lot, from the offense and the coaching situation he was drafted into.  I'm not saying Mahomes wouldn't look like a promising young QB if he had been drafted into a different system with a lesser cast of players, but would he have had the player-of-the-year, all-pro, pro-bowl record breaking season he had?

I think looking at the level of Alex Smith's play as a mature veteran with and without these guys argues "no"

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Mahomes threw for nothing in 2017, just like Smith.  That was Reid's fault.  Look at what Mahomes did in his start in 2017.  284 yards and ZERO TDs.  Can't blame a QB for Reid being too conservative.  Those days are over.  Reid woke up an realized you can't win in the NFL being too conservative.

The next few games will PROVE who is right.  I am confident Matt Moore will light it up.

Blame Reid.  Those days of being too conservative are over.  That is what happens when conservative play calling give you ZERO championships. 

Okay you're definitely trolling.

Mahomes only played in one game in 2017 and it was the very last game of the season.  

I watched 30% of that game, and I happen to see the bit when Mahomes was injured. The on-the-field putting-the-knee-back-in-place was something else to see!  And my inner gut tells me QB sneaks are dangerous for the QBs! Yet injuries very rarely happen. I admit I didn't like Josh was asked to do two this last game while coming back from concussion protocol...

The Broncos were a saaaaaaad display of giving up you rarely see in football! Aikman was rightfully disgusted. They were only losing 20-6 with lots of time left, at home, facing the #2 QB, and seem to just give up. Not the defense, but the coaches and overall team vibe. And not Flacco, the guy was battered and sacked to no end, but as soon as he had a nice pocket he looked totally unphased and threw beautiful passes... that were often dropped. First time I've been impressed by him TBH. He is one mentally tough dude. 

I was VERY satisfied with the Bills looking at the game yesterday. I thought they could beat these two teams 8 times out of 10. I hope the constant whiners and complainers in this forum look at other games! It seems that while some criticisms are of course valid, a lot of always negative posters seem to expect perfection from Allen, the coaches and the team, and it's annoying.

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think a more realistic way of considering the impact of Kelce, Hunt, and Hill is to look at Alex Smith in 2016 vs 2017.  Apples to Apples, same QB, different cast.

2016 with the addition of Hill to Kelce was at that point a career high for Smith in passing yards and completion percentage.  With the addition of Hunt to Hill and Kelce in 2017, Alex Smith had by far a career year - 540 more passing yards, 11 more TD, and 3 fewer INTs than his previous best season (2017, with Hill). 

That is why I think Mahomes has benefited, a lot, from the offense and the coaching situation he was drafted into.  I'm not saying Mahomes wouldn't look like a promising young QB if he had been drafted into a different system with a lesser cast of players, but would he have had the player-of-the-year, all-pro, pro-bowl record breaking season he had?

I think looking at the level of Alex Smith's play as a mature veteran with and without these guys argues "no"

Futurists argument that you can easily throw for 400 yards a game, which would be 6,400 yards in a season and 3 TD's per game which would be 48 TD's per season.

He said "easily" that even a Matt Moore can do it.

This is just not the case.

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

Well hearing he misses minimum 3 games so KC could easily lose against GB next week. With a 2 game head start on KC it could be time to go for broke at the deadline because we may never get a top seed  chance like this in the Brady Mahomes era....

What? KC isn't that good. Sure they beat a really ***** Denver team last night, but keep in mind they lost to the Colts and the Texans. Don't be fooled, NE is going to run the ball down their throats something that horse ***** of an OL in Denver wasn't able to do. 

When the time comes for KC to pay Mahomes they won't have the money to address a horrible D, and they won't be able to pay the WRs or TE. 

45 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Mahomes has always been overrated.  Matt Moore will prove anybody can do what Mahomes does with all those weapons.  In fact the Chiefs may be a better team with Matt Moore as their QB. You can't win a championships if all you do is throw the ball.  The Defense wears down.  I think the Chiefs are now more of a threat to win it all than with Mahomes as QB. Their defense is now likely to come alive.

Mahomes is no Brady.

Don't Quit the Day Job.

First of all, Moore is not "anybody".  He is a capable veteran NFL QB who can throw 60+% completions and break even or betteron W-L while the starter is out for 2-3 games.  If you think "anybody" can do that at NFL QB, explain the Bills QB situation for the last 20 years.

Second, while a number of other QB would undoubtedly be able to elevate their play with the weapons and system Moore has at his disposal in KC - I've posted about this, and believe Alex Smith improved QB output as pieces were added points to this - Smith did not reach the heights Mahomes did with the same guys.  So, to extend that to "anybody can do what Mahomes does with all those weapons" is just rolling against the preponderance of the evidence we have.

KC's defense is not wearing down because Mahomes throws so much and they spend an extra 2 1/2 minutes on the field each game.  They're spending an extra 2 1/2 minutes on the field because well, they're not very good and they can't get the stops on D and get other teams off it.  They're down with the Fish at 31st in 1st downs given up each game. 

And KC isn't running very much right now because they can't.  They got the "ghost of LeSean McCoy" and who else at RB?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I watched 30% of that game, and I happen to see the bit when Mahomes was injured. The on-the-field putting-the-knee-back-in-place was something else to see!  And my inner gut tells me QB sneaks are dangerous for the QBs! Yet injuries very rarely happen. I admit I didn't like Josh was asked to do two this last game while coming back from concussion protocol...

The Broncos were a saaaaaaad display of giving up you rarely see in football! Aikman was rightfully disgusted. They were only losing 20-6 with lots of time left, at home, facing the #2 QB, and seem to just give up. Not the defense, but the coaches and overall team vibe. And not Flacco, the guy was battered and sacked to no end, but as soon as he had a nice pocket he looked totally unphased and threw beautiful passes... that were often dropped. First time I've been impressed by him TBH. He is one mentally tough dude. 

I was VERY satisfied with the Bills looking at the game yesterday. I thought they could beat these two teams 8 times out of 10. I hope the constant whiners and complainers in this forum look at other games! It seems that while some criticisms are of course valid, a lot of always negative posters seem to expect perfection from Allen, the coaches and the team, and it's annoying.

Were we watching the same Flacco last night? He looked like a corpse. No pocket movement, no ability to avoid any kind of rush, a few average passes, and his body language showed he had completely given up after the first quarter. Sure he had a few drops, but he was a trash bag last night. 

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Futurists argument that you can easily throw for 400 yards a game, which would be 6,400 yards in a season and 3 TD's per game which would be 48 TD's per season.

Agreed

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay you're definitely trolling.

Mahomes only played in one game in 2017 and it was the very last game of the season.  

Trolling or suffering a psychotic disconnect from reality. 

Saying that Smith threw for "nothing" in 2017, when in fact he had a career year with the 16-game normalized equivalent of 4,300 yds passing is just silly.

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If there is no ligament damage he should be back in a few weeks with a brace. I hope he is able to go and beat the Pats on Dec 6th. On second thought, Knowing Belichick and the Pats they will accidentally run over his leg with a cart before the game. Thank goodness the helmet carts don’t exist anymore. 

Hahaha. Beep beep!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

If we go 15-1 it means we beat the Pats in NE so maybe we are the 1 seed ..... I get it. The Pats will lose at least 3 this year.

Actually we could be tied with New England at 15-1 and lose the tiebreaker on strength of schedule.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

i have a feeling he will be back a lot sooner than the internet doctors are projecting.  At one point on the broadcast they were saying the guys on the field including Reid implied it wasn't as bad as everyone thought

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And there is no doubt Hill and Kelce are quality pieces and you saw it last night when Moore took over. The question was never about those guys it was about the rest of the supporting cast (after all Hill has played 1 full game with Mahomes all season). What happened to Hardman and Robinson when Mahomes went down last night? They disappeared. Those guys have been combining for 100 yards and a touchdown per game with Mahomes. After Moore came in last night for 2 and a half quarters...... and Robinson and Hardman combined? 2 catches. 23 yards.

Mahomes makes JAGs look like difference makers and he makes difference makers into superstars.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Fitz averaged over 400 yards a game during a 3 game stretch for the Bucs in during the start of 2018.   If Fitz can do it ,  Moore can :p

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He said "anybody" can do what Mahomes did but I'm still waiting on his reply on why Alex Smith wasn't able to....

400 yards per game would also mean 6,400 yards passing on the season.  

In 10 games, Matt Moore will pass for 4,000 yards I guess.

Having all the weapons is great, but it looked like a different sport when Matt Moore entered the game. Like going from US Open tennis to back yard badminton. I don’t think he signed up to do any more than hold a clipboard! SURPRISE!!!

• Like (+1) 2