QB Patrick Mahomes suffers patella dislocation (With updates)

Patrick Mahomes suffered a serious knee injury during the second quarter of Thursday night's 30-6 win over the Denver Broncos.

The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback went down with the injury with 10:00 left in the second quarter following a fourth-down QB sneak. Mahomes was tended to by trainers on the field before walking off with them into the Chiefs locker room. The team quickly ruled him out with a knee injury.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001066666/article/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-suffers-patella-dislocation

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If there is no ligament damage he should be back in a few weeks with a brace. I hope he is able to go and beat the Pats on Dec 6th. On second thought, Knowing Belichick and the Pats they will accidentally run over his leg with a cart before the game. Thank goodness the helmet carts don’t exist anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Well hearing he misses minimum 3 games so KC could easily lose against GB next week. With a 2 game head start on KC it could be time to go for broke at the deadline because we may never get a top seed  chance like this in the Brady Mahomes era....

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Well hearing he misses minimum 3 games so KC could easily lose against GB next week. With a 2 game head start on KC it could be time to go for broke at the deadline because we may never get a top seed  chance like this in the Brady Mahomes era....

It’s always been about the Pats. We need the division for a top seed chance. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Locomark said:

We cant get a top seed without winning the division.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

We cant get a top seed without winning the division.

I get it but, now winning that top seed makes anything possible. Time to stop being passive. We are 1.5 games out and the threat of KC even if you win the division looks less daunting with their defense in shambles and Mahomes looking like he may be nursing multiple injuries as he plays this year. Time to go for it. Belicheat will be making deals so we better. 

16 minutes ago, Locomark said:

We could go 15-1 and still get the 5th seed with the Pats in our division.  Damn playoff seeding needs to change where four division winners make playoffs but then slots 1-6 are allocated by record.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We could go 15-1 and still get the 5th seed with the Pats in our division.  Damn playoff seeding needs to change where four division winners make playoffs but then slots 1-6 are allocated by record.

If we go 15-1 it means we beat the Pats in NE so maybe we are the 1 seed ..... I get it. The Pats will lose at least 3 this year.

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Damn playoff seeding needs to change where four division winners make playoffs but then slots 1-6 are allocated by record.

Team names in a hat, drawn randomly?  Not just the strong teams, all the teams!

I can picture that league administered procedure:
New England 

New England

New England 

New England 

New England

2019 Dolphins

With regards to the Mahomes situation, I wonder if Reid is hitting the Krispy Kremes and prune danishes extra hard this morning.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

If we go 15-1 it means we beat the Pats in NE so maybe we are the 1 seed .....

They'd pry get us with strength of victory.  Let's just beat the Dolphins before we start getting hypothetical. ;) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What a shame. 

He is so much fun to watch.  

This isn’t just a loss to chiefs fans, but to all of us who enjoy watching.

damn.

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Go figure, the Pats even control the "Madden Curse". Skips Brady of course and comes right on back for everyone else.  

Oh man, I forgot they play them, too.  It’s crazy to think that we could be 13-3 or better and not win the division.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If there is no ligament damage he should be back in a few weeks with a brace. I hope he is able to go and beat the Pats on Dec 6th. On second thought, Knowing Belichick and the Pats they will accidentally run over his leg with a cart before the game. Thank goodness the helmet carts don’t exist anymore. 

Accidents happen, ATL.  I’m sure Brady destroying his burner phone, I mean phone, wherein he made 30 calls in 2 weeks to the cart driver has nothing to do with it.

36 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Why can’t this happen to brady* instead? 

Juice, come on...it’s because Satan honors his deals with people during their lives. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1