All in on Wisconsin !!!

Buffalo Barbarian

On 10/19/2019 at 11:12 PM, jkeerie said:

You were the one that thought it was funny to try and jinx my team.   And you almost did.  Michigan battled back from a huge deficit.   Do I now detect sour grapes?

i thought Penn State engaged the garbagtime switch at 21-0 and Katy Barred the Door the rest of the game

Edited by row_33

56 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i thought Penn State engaged the garbagtime switch at 21-0 and Katy Barred the Door the rest of the game

I don't think Penn State let up.  I don't know who coaches their D-backs, but they were out of position, missed tackles and otherwise committed PI.  Michigan grabbed the momentum and got back in the game.  When Penn State scored to make it 28, I started to relax a bit, but Michigan came back again.  I was on pins and needles.  They're doesn't seem to be a middle ground when these teams play.  It's either a blow out one way or the other, or a nail biter coming down to the last play of the game.  Big Ten has become more competitive over the past couple of years which is great to see.

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't think Penn State let up.  I don't know who coaches their D-backs, but they were out of position, missed tackles and otherwise committed PI.  Michigan grabbed the momentum and got back in the game.  When Penn State scored to make it 28, I started to relax a bit, but Michigan came back again.  I was on pins and needles.  They're doesn't seem to be a middle ground when these teams play.  It's either a blow out one way or the other, or a nail biter coming down to the last play of the game.  Big Ten has become more competitive over the past couple of years which is great to see.

they didn't let up, they were up 21-0 and went to a more prevent D, letting Michigan run the ball, and took no chance on O

usually PSU has no game plan set on O, they freelance and see what can work, Notre Dame is usually the same way but with more excitement.

up 21-0 unexpectedly (to everyone) let them go into a shell and wait until it got close, then they scored another TD with ease

i don't consider it much ground to praise Michigan that they didn't quit down 21-0

but the dynamics of the game are ruthlessly changed at that point

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they didn't let up, they were up 21-0 and went to a more prevent D, letting Michigan run the ball, and took no chance on O

usually PSU has no game plan set on O, they freelance and see what can work, Notre Dame is usually the same way but with more excitement.

up 21-0 unexpectedly (to everyone) let them go into a shell and wait until it got close, then they scored another TD with ease

i don't consider it much ground to praise Michigan that they didn't quit down 21-0

but the dynamics of the game are ruthlessly changed at that point

I get your point.  Penn State routinely plays a soft zone.  Don't like it.  

On 10/19/2019 at 8:57 PM, YoloinOhio said:

It’s an insane atmosphere. Toughest place to play in the big 10.  They have a losing record with it though. 4-6 I believe.

500 record when they mostly schedule the toughest opponent they face at home for the white out game.

8-8 overall, or 6-6 if you reject the early games that were "student only" whiteouts. 

2005 was one of those "student only" whiteout games against Troy Smith and the Buckeyes.  I remember that game and a strong buckeyes team being rattled by the atmosphere.  The entire stadium was white, but whatever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.