All in on Wisconsin !!!

Buffalo Barbarian

Every year i root for the best BIG TEN team to win the national title. Usually its Ohio st but im sick of those guys and feel the Badgers are a better representative of big 10 anyway, running smash mouth football !!!

Also their DC , Jim LeonHard,  was a former player for the Bills (2005-2007, 2013) and has the best defense in college football. Funny how former pupils of Rex Ryan can run his defense better than him (Mike Pettine also) lol

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Every year i root for the best BIG TEN team to win the national title. Usually its Ohio st but im sick of those guys and feel the Badgers are a better representative of big 10 anyway, running smash mouth football !!!

Also their DC , Jim LeonHard,  was a former player for the Bills (2005-2007, 2013) and has the best defense in college football. Funny how former pupils of Rex Ryan can run his defense better than him (Mike Pettine also) lol

do you go to Big Ten games?

Anyone but Michigan (and Penn State) for me to win it all

Wisky's smashmouth works greats against hopelessly overmatched opponents but fails miserably when they have to make 5 or more "thinking" pass plays in a game.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hey the Buckeyes run the ball too. :(

Jim Leonard has done an outstanding job with Wisky defense 

Buckeyes run the Option, with a few exceptions historically

For a great era the Buckeyes had 3 men carry the ball regularly and only won was awarded back to back Heismans.... how could that be??

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I’ll go with Minnesota since I’m guessing a certain amount are Twins fans.  Give them some relief from watching them get their ass kicked by the Yankees each year.  Plus nobody from there has ever gotten under my skin 

I really like their coach, mr row the boat is a different kind of guy. Reminds me of McDermott but with over enthusiasm. I dont think the team is ready though.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

do you go to Big Ten games?

Anyone but Michigan (and Penn State) for me to win it all

Wisky's smashmouth works greats against hopelessly overmatched opponents but fails miserably when they have to make 5 or more "thinking" pass plays in a game.

No i don't go to games, maybe some day, almost went to a Penn state game years ago but didn't have the money when the time came.

I know running doesn't win against the elite but one of these days it will :)

their QB is ok and with that D maybe they can get close

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I root for Penn State since I'm an alum.  Having said that, I don't think they'll win the Big Ten.   They're too flawed.  I like what Leonard has done with the Wisconsin D.  He should get tapped as a head coach in the not too distant future. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I root for Penn State since I'm an alum.  Having said that, I don't think they'll win the Big Ten.   They're too flawed.  I like what Leonard has done with the Wisconsin D.  He should get tapped as a head coach in the not too distant future. 

Flawed how? Look really good to me 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Flawed how? Look really good to me 

They can be inconsistent.  They're not really dominant in any area.  They can look like world beaters one week (e.g. Maryland and Purdue) and other weeks they barely squeak by (Pitt and Iowa). Their corners can drive me nuts.  If they're not committing PI, they're giving up a big play.  We'll see how they look tomorrow vs Michigan. 

17 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

They can be inconsistent.  They're not really dominant in any area.  They can look like world beaters one week (e.g. Maryland and Purdue) and other weeks they barely squeak by (Pitt and Iowa). Their corners can drive me nuts.  If they're not committing PI, they're giving up a big play.  We'll see how they look tomorrow vs Michigan. 

Sounds like Buckeyes last year. They sacked every Defensive coach in the offseason except the DL coach. Tomorrow will be a great game I think. Looking forward to it. PSU’s front 7 is nasty.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like Buckeyes last year. They sacked every Defensive coach in the offseason except the DL coach. Tomorrow will be a great game I think. Looking forward to it. 

In the Bowl game two years ago vs USC, I was screaming at the TV.  Darnold marched the Trojans down the field on back to back PIs.  All the Penn State corners had to do was turn around. Drove me nuts!

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

On Wisconsin!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

In the Bowl game two years ago vs USC, I was screaming at the TV.  Darnold marched the Trojans down the field on back to back PIs.  All the Penn State corners had to do was turn around. Drove me nuts!

Our local Walmart was replaying the 2018 osu-usc bowl game with Darnold the other day (true story - it was playing on a tv when you walk in to the section with all the Buckeye gear) and i stopped to watch it. I hadn’t watched it again since that night. Man, not to turn this into a Darnold thread but his body language was Flacco like. I remember thinking after that game that he wasn’t a leader and wasn’t a very good qb either. Maybe I’m wrong but that was my takeaway. Also our CBs were flagged a bunch too. Didn’t even have Denzel Ward who sat out. 

4 hours ago, the skycap said:

I'll be all in especially if Beane can get us Jonathan Taylor and "Billy" Biadiaz!!

i think we could get Taylor ,kid is dynamite in the run game.

probably BadAzz too depends on BPA (yuk cant believe i said that but with beane calling the shots i feel a lot better with who we pick than past GMs)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha we call that guy Badazz

Me too lol

3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

taping that game tomorrow also

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.