TNF: KC @ Denver 8:20 ET on Fox and NFLN

3 hours ago, Success said:

How could any Bills fan not want the Jets over the Pats?  Are we so beaten down that we’re conceding the division in October, 1 game back?

Two AFCE teams. Can’t root for either, so I just root for them to beat the crap out of each other.  Whatever happens happens, you don’t pull for a division rival unless it gives your team the division or puts them in the playoffs. Way too soon for that. 

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

It’s not conceding the division but it’s not putting all your eggs in one basket. If the Pats are going to take some loses it would rather to be Chiefs, Ravens, Cowboys, etc and not to a team like Jets who playoffs aspirations include walking down the Bills. We can win the division by handling our business vs the Pats. Keep sleeping on the Jets. Hate to say it but we have played a cakewalk schedule and the Jets have played all hard team. The cake part of their schedule is coming up soon. Don’t be surprised if they win 8 in a row and walk down the Bills if the Bills lose to Cowboys, Ravens, Browns, ect

Let’s not overthink this.

On Monday night, for three hours, we are all Jets fans.

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Im going to trust the process. Go Jets? Still doesn’t feel right to say

It's never going to feel right to say. Can you imagine "Go Pats*!" or "Go Fins!" sounding right?

Yes, I hope the Jet's win against the Pats*. But I'm not so much rooting for the Jets as I am rooting much harder against the Cheatriots.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:59 PM, LSHMEAB said:

The worst part as a fan must be that Flacco looks like he couldn't care less. Elway likes a QB? You better RUN from the thought of signing that guy. If I were Fangio, I would just go with the kid. It really couldn't get any worse than Flacco, and if it did, so what? They've 2-5.

Yeah, Elway has really "gone to the well twice too often" with his QB strategy.

Having won a Superbowl with an outstanding defense and one of the best football minds of all time stuck in an ailing body, his QB strategy since then has been puzzling in the extreme.  Two years of Trevor Siemian, really?  A year of Case Keenum (hey, Pat Shurmer won with him!) and now a year of Joe Flacco (he won a Superbowl once!).  Meanwhile he totally failed to put in place the offensive pieces that allowed Keenum and Flacco to succeed in their day - the stout OL, the stout run game, and the catch radius/vertical leap WR.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I meant the Allen "kid." Honestly, it looks to me like Flacco has zero blanks to give. They showed a close up on a pass that got batted down and he just had a look of "whatever" or something along those lines. Not a psychologist, but I play one on message boards.

I know nothing about the Allen kid, but unless he's mobile along the lines of our Allen I think just about any QB would get pummeled behind that OL.

I think Flacco is suffering from an existential pit of despair, a "Black Night of the Soul".  It must be hideously galling to a proud professional who was once Superbowl Champion, at the pinnacle of his profession and legitimately very good for 7 years, to go out there series after series, knowing that most of the plays he is calling have zero chance to succeed.  He won't get the time he needs to make them succeed from the line, and he lacks the mobility he needs to  extend plays himself. 

All this after first having been kicked to the curb by the team he won a championships for and helped take to the playoffs 6 times in 7 years, in favor of a young whippersnapper who threw "ducks" last year, and to now see said whippersnapper succeeding with his old team. 

Truthfully, and I'm sure he was offered it as an option, he should have honorably retired as a Raven last year.  But I understand the attraction to see if he could pull a Manning.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know nothing about the Allen kid, but unless he's mobile along the lines of our Allen I think just about any QB would get pummeled behind that OL.

I think Flacco is suffering from an existential pit of despair, a "Black Night of the Soul".  It must be hideously galling to a proud professional who was once Superbowl Champion, at the pinnacle of his profession and legitimately very good for 7 years, to go out there series after series, knowing that most of the plays he is calling have zero chance to succeed.  He won't get the time he needs to make them succeed from the line, and he lacks the mobility he needs to  extend plays himself. 

All this after first having been kicked to the curb by the team he won a championships for and helped take to the playoffs 6 times in 7 years, in favor of a young whippersnapper who threw "ducks" last year, and to now see said whippersnapper succeeding with his old team. 

Truthfully, and I'm sure he was offered it as an option, he should have honorably retired as a Raven last year.  But I understand the attraction to see if he could pull a Manning.

I agree with just about everything, but I don't think the Allen kid could be any more IMMOBILE. They made a big investment for Flacco and I don't even really fault him for his performance behind said O line, but I think it's time to pull the plug. It's just not going to work. I'm sure they'll stick with Flacco until they're inevitably eliminated from playoff contention, but what a horrible mismatch between that line and Joe. 

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I agree with just about everything, but I don't think the Allen kid could be any more IMMOBILE. They made a big investment for Flacco and I don't even really fault him for his performance behind said O line, but I think it's time to pull the plug. It's just not going to work. I'm sure they'll stick with Flacco until they're inevitably eliminated from playoff contention, but what a horrible mismatch between that line and Joe.

Not just that line and Joe, but the play calling.  At least IMO, though TBH I don't know the details of how Flacco is most comfortable.

The kid might be more mobile, but as we've seen with our "dual threat", being able to extend the play without equal ability to diagnose the D and figure out where to go with the ball can go just as bad in a different way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

It’s not conceding the division but it’s not putting all your eggs in one basket. If the Pats are going to take some loses it would rather to be Chiefs, Ravens, Cowboys, etc and not to a team like Jets who playoffs aspirations include walking down the Bills. We can win the division by handling our business vs the Pats. Keep sleeping on the Jets. Hate to say it but we have played a cakewalk schedule and the Jets have played all hard team. The cake part of their schedule is coming up soon. Don’t be surprised if they win 8 in a row and walk down the Bills if the Bills lose to Cowboys, Ravens, Browns, ect

In addition to 6-0 Pats and the 4-1 Bills, the Jets have played the 2-4 Browns, the 3-3 Iggles, and the 3-3 Boys.  They're not cellar dwellers but they're not "hard teams" either.  They are "bubble teams" who can swing either way.  Bills have played 6-0 Patriots, 1-4 Jets, 0-6 Bengals, 2-4 Giants, 2-4 Titans.

Jets opponents have a current combined record of 18-11. 

Bills opponents have a current combined record of 11-18.   Arguably the Jets were a better team when we played them, the Giants perhaps a worse team.

Have they played a somewhat stronger schedule to date, sure, but the difference is really about 1 team and 1 game for 1 team at this point (0-6 Bengals vs 4-1 Bills)

One question is whether the Bills D is as legit as it looks.  Yes, we have played some opponents with poor records, but our D did an incredible job against the two best teams we've played (Patriots and Titans) despite spotting them piles of turnovers.    The Turnovers Must Stop.

Sam Darnold looked "all world" last week against the 'Boys and the team for sure rallied around him, but the Boys have played opponents with a record of 14-20.  The Boys D didn't look so snazzy against the Packers and Jets.  Either they've got someone crucial who's playing hurt, or they might not be quite as good as the first few games made them look.  We'll see how Sam Darnold looks against the Patriots***