TNF: KC @ Denver 8:20 ET on Fox and NFLN

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Jets beating the Pats will not win you the division. Jets getting on a roll may cost us a wildcard spot. We need to beat some teams that are over .500 to keep things serious about winning the division.

If from this point forward the NYJ win 3 games more than the Bills with one of their wins against the Bills they would deserve a playoff spot.

Sunday I will be rooting for the Bills and the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If from this point forward the NYJ win 3 games more than the Bills with one of their wins against the Bills they would deserve a playoff spot.

On Monday night, the Jets (1-4) face the New England Patriots (6-0)...

:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

As for that game last night..... being a Broncos fan must suck these days. They are a terrible offense to watch, have an uninspiring Head Coach who is looking like an over promoted Defensive Coordinator at the moment, an ageing but still competent defense and an ageing and now less than competent Quarterback. Add that to a GM with seemingly no rebuilding strategy and whose eye for a Quarterback since he took the job (beyond recognising Peyton Manning was pretty good) has been an abject failure..... it is not a well set up organisation at this moment.

The worst part as a fan must be that Flacco looks like he couldn't care less. Elway likes a QB? You better RUN from the thought of signing that guy. If I were Fangio, I would just go with the kid. It really couldn't get any worse than Flacco, and if it did, so what? They've 2-5.

I don't quite agree on the 2017 roster. I thought that was an 8-8 team. He eeked everything out of them and they got a 9th win and made it in and he did a fantastic job refocussing the team after that awful Jets - Saints - Chargers slide and his Peterman error.

I would say they could have gone into the season with a relatively talented roster. Once they traded Sammy and then Dareus midseason, the talent level fell off big time. Only minor point of contention. I would also add that I'm unsure if McD can ever be the ULTIMATE winner; I don't know that he has what it takes to beat a Belichick, Payton, or a Pederson(yeah, bad year) or whoever else emerges. But I fully believe he's a guy who's gonna get borderline playoff teams INTO the playoffs. After 20 years of purgatory, that's good enough for now.

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I would say they could have gone into the season with a relatively talented roster. Once they traded Sammy and then Dareus midseason, the talent level fell off big time. Only minor point of contention. I would also add that I'm unsure if McD can ever be the ULTIMATE winner; I don't know that he has what it takes to beat a Belichick, Payton, or a Pederson(yeah, bad year) or whoever else emerges. But I fully believe he's a guy who's gonna get borderline playoff teams INTO the playoffs. After 20 years of purgatory, that's good enough for now.

Well, McD has been a head coach for under 3 years. So how could one even attempt to make that call now? I will say, he's shown me he MAY be that guy. But in so short a period of time, there is no way to say he IS that guy. I don't think anyone knew Belicheat was Belicheat 2 1/2 years into his HC career. Putting that sign on anyone after so short a time, is a bit presumptuous, IMO. A coach can have all the stars align and show all the signs of being one of the "great ones" very early in his career. But what about 10 years later? We've see guys win Super Bowls then disappear (SF had two in a row )*.

All I'm saying is, not knowing if McDermott can be a giant slayer is the right answer because you never know at this stage. But even thinking it's POSSIBLE for him, is something that can't be said of many (most?) new head coaches in the league.

So what am I really saying?  I guess I agree with what you said (if that is what you meant). Only in a very wordy fashion. 

;)

Edit: Seifert was so bad, I guess I counted him twice. My bad.

Edited by The Dean

9 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Well, McD has been a head coach for under 3 years. So how could one even attempt to make that call now? I will say, he's shown me he MAY be that guy. But in so short a period of time, there is no way to say he IS that guy. I don't think anyone knew Belicheat was Belicheat 2 1/2 years into his HC career. Putting that sign on anyone after so short a time, is a bit presumptuous, IMO. A coach can have all the stars align and show all the signs of being one of the "great ones" very early in his career. But what about 10 years later? We've see guys win Super Bowls then disappear (SF had two in a row).

All I'm saying is, not knowing if McDermott can be a giant slayer is the right answer because you never know at this stage. But even thinking it's POSSIBLE for him, is something that can't be said of many (most?) new head coaches in the league.

So what am I really saying?  I guess I agree with what you said (if that is what you meant). Only in a very wordy fashion. 

;)

Yes. I wasn't making any projections about his ability to be a TOP HC; one able to beat the very best. I will say it's not great that he hasn't beaten BB in 5 chances, but he hasn't had the team, or the QB for that matter. He definitely has TB's number, so they're close. So again, no way to know. I'm simply stating what has occurred and adding zero hypothetical spin.

The reason I created the post is because I really do like McD as a HC. Much more so than others it SEEMS. I see tons of Beane love; tons of Allen love/projection. I don't see nearly as much respect for the job McDermott has already DONE. So my intention was to highlight the fact that McDermott has proven results in relation to the other members of the big 3; Really the antithesis of projection. 

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yes. I wasn't making any projections about his ability to be a TOP HC; one able to beat the very best. I will say it's not great that he hasn't beaten BB in 5 chances, but he hasn't had the team, or the QB for that matter. He definitely has TB's number, so they're close. So again, no way to know. I'm simply stating what has occurred and adding zero hypothetical spin.

The reason I created the post is because I really do like McD as a HC. Much more so than others it SEEMS. I see tons of Beane love; tons of Allen love/projection. I don't see nearly as much respect for the job McDermott has already DONE. So my intention was to highlight the fact that McDermott has proven results in relation to the other members of the big 3; Really the antithesis of projection. 

Gotcha. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

The worst part as a fan must be that Flacco looks like he couldn't care less. Elway likes a QB? You better RUN from the thought of signing that guy. If I were Fangio, I would just go with the kid. It really couldn't get any worse than Flacco, and if it did, so what? They've 2-5.

Lock is still on IR. 

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yea trading away Dareus definitely hurt because there was absolutely nothing behind him. Adolphus Washington is the worst player I have ever seen get multiple games as a starter for the Bills. They were 5-2 with Dareus and 4-6 (including the playoff loss) without him. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

And this I absolutely agree with. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Jets already beat the Cowboys, so if they beat the Pats, us and 1 other team team the Bills lose to well there is your 3 game lead and wild card spot right there. I would rather not roll the dice. Don’t cry if that plays out all because you want the Jetsbto win.

8 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

The Jets already beat the Cowboys, so if they beat the Pats, us and 1 other team team the Bills lose to well there is your 3 game lead and wild card spot right there. I would rather not roll the dice. Don’t cry if that plays out all because you want the Jetsbto win.

I won't and I'm still rooting for the Jets on Monday night.

6 minutes ago, Success said:

How could any Bills fan not want the Jets over the Pats?  Are we so beaten down that we’re conceding the division in October, 1 game back?

Apparently so.

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I won't and I'm still rooting for the Jets on Monday night.

Apparently so.

It’s not conceding the division but it’s not putting all your eggs in one basket. If the Pats are going to take some loses it would rather to be Chiefs, Ravens, Cowboys, etc and not to a team like Jets who playoffs aspirations include walking down the Bills. We can win the division by handling our business vs the Pats. Keep sleeping on the Jets. Hate to say it but we have played a cakewalk schedule and the Jets have played all hard team. The cake part of their schedule is coming up soon. Don’t be surprised if they win 8 in a row and walk down the Bills if the Bills lose to Cowboys, Ravens, Browns, ect

2 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

It’s not conceding the division but it’s not putting all your eggs in one basket. If the Pats are going to take some loses it would rather to be Chiefs, Ravens, Cowboys, etc and not to a team like Jets who playoffs aspirations include walking down the Bills. We can win the division by handling our business vs the Pats. Keep sleeping on the Jets. Hate to say it but we have played a cakewalk schedule and the Jets have played all hard team. The cake part of their schedule is coming up soon. Don’t be surprised if they win 8 in a row and walk down the Bills if the Bills lose to Cowboys, Ravens, Browns, ect

If the Jets go 9-2 from here and end up with a 10-6 record and the Bills go 5-6 and end up with a 9-7 record then the Jets deserve a playoff spot and

the Bills don't.

Still rooting for the NYJ on Monday.  I cannot and refuse to root for TB, BB and the pats*.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If the Jets go 9-2 from here and end up with a 10-6 record and the Bills go 5-6 and end up with a 9-7 record then the Jets deserve a playoff spot and

the Bills don't.

Still rooting for the NYJ on Monday.  I cannot and refuse to root for TB, BB and the pats*.

Ok. Sounds good

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Even if that were the case they would still have to win in Buffalo week 17. I don't think the Jets will win this game but even if they do I don't think they are catching the Bills this season. Though they certainly would still be wildcard contenders in their own right. I don't see the Bills losing many games. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Even if that were the case they would still have to win in Buffalo week 17. I don't think the Jets will win this game but even if they do I don't think they are catching the Bills this season. Though they certainly would still be wildcard contenders in their own right. I don't see the Bills losing many games. 

I hope you are right. Go Bills

Lock is still on IR. 

I meant the Allen "kid." Honestly, it looks to me like Flacco has zero blanks to give. They showed a close up on a pass that got batted down and he just had a look of "whatever" or something along those lines. Not a psychologist, but I play one on message boards. 

It's cliche at this point to crack jokes about Elway's inability to judge QB's but man; this guy was perhaps the best to ever play the position. Zero ability to evaluate.