TNF: KC @ Denver 8:20 ET on Fox and NFLN

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Healthy Jets? Bills were losing until Mosely went out. Darnold had mono.

To Bills credit it was game 1 with a new o-line and the pick 6 was a rare drop by Beasley 

I don’t think Mosley changes that game at all. We just figured out how to stop making mistakes.

I’m tired of hearing about darnolds mono. Either he did, and they played him with a very dangerous disease and the entire organization is more of a joke than before, or he didn’t and they figured - hey, might as well make this ***** start excusable. 

If this defense made Tom Brady look like Sam Darnold with supposed mono, then Sam Darnold with Mono would have been outright killed by this defense. 

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I heard CJ Mosely has a chance to be back Monday night vs Pats.  Hope that is true as it could make a big difference.

Why do ya want the Jets to win on Monday Night. Do you know how easy a schedule the Jets have coming up. I do not want the Jets anywhere near the wild card. Trust me for MANY reasons you do not want the Jets to win on Monday or going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

With the injury to Mahomes , a dislocated ( subsequently reduced ) right patella , this season has gotten dramatically more interesting from a Bills standpoint. A patellar dislocation will likely cause a 4-6 week minimum ( can be 6-8 weeks with non Surgical management)  rehab period followed by the need to split the patella with a brace to prevent more dislocations. Mahomes will be limited with his mobility in a brace and like the nice gentleman who is a PT. Posted on here, he will have the need for surgery in the off-season dictated by mri results as  the extent of any associated ligament injuries are  determined.  Next 24 -48 hours will demonstrate the individual aspects of  the dislocation ( like swelling and how he responds to rest , compression, ice etc. ) will affect the short term rehab and how quickly mahomes might Return.  Even if he returns he most likely will have limited mobility so he will not be h same pre injury mahomes. Given all that is going on in the AFC , I THINK  this now is a season to really push for the super bowl.  The injury hursts Kc who has been the 2 Nd seed prospect so far, and leaves only the Texans and Pats as our biggest threats keep in us out of the Super Bowl!  

With that in mind, I believe Beane needs to take one last look at the roster to give us our best chance In assuring we are deep enough for the run. This is a year ahead of what I would guess most of us thought about our chances of getting to the SB.   We really are still in the division race and home field is still in reach as our schedule Is pretty favorable. While I don’t think we need to mortgage any further years , I also think we can’t waste the fact that he AFC is having a down year. The only area I think could derail us is if John Brown ( or Allen of course) is out for any period because thee is no one who has similar talents on the roster right now. I would like to see Beane try to get a 1A type guy like green , Diggs .  We have depth everywhere but an experienced backup for brown so while I was not a fan of getting Green  before , given the landscape of the afc after tonight , I would really try getting green for a 3 rd and 4 th , or possibly just a second round pick. Would defer to Beane’s judgement on anything more than a third, but I would support him being aggressive more so now than earlier in the season. I think our d line , o line, TEs , RBS, all are ok to make a run and if our lb Thompson is back, we prob have enough depth there as well. The landscape is the most favorable I can ever remember recently for a deep run so Beane let’s make it happen. 

I know everyone saw mahomes walking and smiling in the locker room post game ( however he was not flexing or bending the knee and it was wrapped ), and while it is a good sign, we won’t know the full rehab prognosis until after the mri. The surrounding ligaments are at a minimum stretched ( which will make recurrence likely ) , and it is possible there could be tears. Based seeing him not on crutches yet in the locker room  and still weight bearing, I would guess he has little swelling so far. But I am sure he will leave on crutches with a brace and then it comes down to the mri results. It will take time to strengthen surrounding muscles and allow ligaments to tighten if not torn so he doesn’t dislocate with any flexing of the knee and while he looks as good as you could after a dislocation, this will still take time to prevent recurrent  injury on return to play. Hopefully teams will take advantage and give the chiefs a few losses while mahomes is rehabbing ( Denver looks beyond pathetic and I can’t see this coach making it to a second season). If we keep improving and stay injury free, I think we have a legitimate shot a year ahead of expectations to actually be a contender for the SB. HOME FIELD is still possible so let’s go Beane ,,,,be sure you are content with our current depth and let’s go Bills! I think we can do some  mild addition to better our depth and experience at our wr position  and not hurt us with regards to future development or drafts. I think we should push for home field this year; it is sitting right in front of us and not out of realistic reach. ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Why do ya want the Jets to win on Monday Night. Do you know how easy a schedule the Jets have coming up. I do not want the Jets anywhere near the wild card. Trust me for MANY reasons you do not want the Jets to win on Monday or going forward.

Im not ready to concede the division. We can beat the Jets and the Pats. The division is there for the taking, and if the jets hit the Pats we’re one step closer.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

With the injury to Mahomes , a dislocated ( subsequently reduced ) right patella , this season has gotten dramatically more interesting from a Bills standpoint. A patellar dislocation will likely cause a 4-6 week minimum ( can be 6-8 weeks with non Surgical management)  rehab period followed by the need to split the patella with a brace to prevent more dislocations. Mahomes will be limited with his mobility in a brace and like the nice gentleman who is a PT. Posted on here, he will have the need for surgery in the off-season dictated by mri results as  the extent of any associated ligament injuries are  determined.  Next 24 -48 hours will demonstrate the individual aspects of  the dislocation ( like swelling and how he responds to rest , compression, ice etc. ) will affect the short term rehab and how quickly mahomes might Return.  Even if he returns he most likely will have limited mobility so he will not be h same pre injury mahomes. Given all that is going on in the AFC , I THINK  this now is a season to really push for the super bowl.  The injury hursts Kc who has been the 2 Nd seed prospect so far, and leaves only the Texans and Pats as our biggest threats keep in us out of the Super Bowl!  

With that in mind, I believe Beane needs to take one last look at the roster to give us our best chance In assuring we are deep enough for the run. This is a year ahead of what I would guess most of us thought about our chances of getting to the SB.   We really are still in the division race and home field is still in reach as our schedule Is pretty favorable. While I don’t think we need to mortgage any further years , I also think we can’t waste the fact that he AFC is having a down year. The only area I think could derail us is if John Brown ( or Allen of course) is out for any period because thee is no one who has similar talents on the roster right now. I would like to see Beane try to get a 1A type guy like green , Diggs .  We have depth everywhere but an experienced backup for brown so while I was not a fan of getting Green  before , given the landscape of the afc after tonight , I would really try getting green for a 3 rd and 4 th , or possibly just a second round pick. Would defer to Beane’s judgement on anything more than a third, but I would support him being aggressive more so now than earlier in the season. I think our d line , o line, TEs , RBS, all are ok to make a run and if our lb Thompson is back, we prob have enough depth there as well. The landscape is the most favorable I can ever remember recently for a deep run so Beane let’s make it happen. 

I know everyone saw mahomes walking and smiling in the locker room post game ( however he was not flexing or bending the knee and it was wrapped ), and while it is a good sign, we won’t know the full rehab prognosis until after the mri. The surrounding ligaments are at a minimum stretched ( which will make recurrence likely ) , and it is possible there could be tears. Based seeing him not on crutches yet in the locker room  and still weight bearing, I would guess he has little swelling so far. But I am sure he will leave on crutches with a brace and then it comes down to the mri results. It will take time to strengthen surrounding muscles and allow ligaments to tighten if not torn so he doesn’t dislocate with any flexing of the knee and while he looks as good as you could after a dislocation, this will still take time to prevent recurrent  injury on return to play. Hopefully teams will take advantage and give the chiefs a few losses while mahomes is rehabbing ( Denver looks beyond pathetic and I can’t see this coach making it to a second season). If we keep improving and stay injury free, I think we have a legitimate shot a year ahead of expectations to actually be a contender for the SB. HOME FIELD is still possible so let’s go Beane ,,,,be sure you are content with our current depth and let’s go Bills! I think we can do some  mild addition to better our depth and experience at our wr position  and not hurt us with regards to future development or drafts. I think we should push for home field this year; it is sitting right in front of us and not out of realistic reach. ?

This is filled with a whole lot of LOL

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

We’re 3 up on the Jets and play them at the end of the year in Buffalo, with a win over them already.  

We all should be Jets fans on Monday Night. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, BidsJr said:

This is filled with a whole lot of LOL

Well, I think it makes a whole lot of sense. I’d try a little harder to give it a run this year after tonight’s events.

I thought we were a year away, but now I’m not so sure. 

In the meantime, just beat Miami! Never lose track of the game in front of you! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, I think it makes a whole lot of sense. I’d try a little harder to give it a run this year after tonight’s events.

I thought we were a year away, but now I’m not so sure. 

In the meantime, just beat Miami! Never lose track of the game in front of you! 

The Bills are ahead of schedule and I originally felt that they needed one more good draft. That will certainly fortify the team, but it really dawned on me today that McDermott is one heck of  a coach. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

The Bills are ahead of schedule and I originally felt that they needed one more good draft. That will certainly fortify the team, but it really dawned on me today that McDermott is one heck of  a coach. 

I certainly agree, but I’m concerned that we are in close games with bad teams. I love that we are learning to win those games, but I’d like to make them “easy wins”. 

Let’s hope we can keep having drafts like we have had. That is one reason I’m hesitant to give up draft choices. I prefer young and cheap to old an expensive, but when it’s the right time, you have to pounce. 

• Like (+1) 3

The easier wins will come with time. Right now, McDermott is getting the most out of each player that he can. Gil Brandt even stated that despite having no all pros on the team, McDermott has the Bills positioned for a playoff run. As far as most of us knew, the rebuild had a year to go...evidently not. One more draft and a few select signings by Beane will definately put the Bills over the top. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

The easier wins will come with time. Right now, McDermott is getting the most out of each player that he can. Gil Brandt even stated that despite having no all pros on the team, McDermott has the Bills positioned for a playoff run. As far as most of us knew, the rebuild had a year to go...evidently not. One more draft and a few select signings by Beane will definately put the Bills over the top. 

Thus far, McDermott has been given a 5-11 roster in 2017 and got them into the playoffs. Yes, they snuck in, but whatever. People cite the point differential as a negative. It's an indication of a team that won more games than it should have, but that's a PLUS as it pertains to the coach.

He took a 2-14 roster in 2018 and eked out 6 wins. That was a BAD football team with a raw, rookie QB. 6 wins was the absolute ceiling. Check.

This 2019 team is decent, but I view it as a .500 roster overall. Allen is still not playing particularly well, yet the team is 4-1 having won 3 out of 3 on the road. I don't care who you're playing; road victories are huge.

To this point, the guy has won pretty much every heavily contested game going back to 2017. The home Jets game stands out because it's really the only one of these that comes to mind that he's lost. 

His teams are the antithesis of what I've been conditioned to expect from the Bills; they find a way at the end. Not to screw it up; to win. The first game that comes to mind is AT Atlanta in 2017. I fully expected Ryan to drive the field and win. Nada. 

I think McDermott is far and away the most PROVEN member of the Bills big 3; GM, HC, QB. He is as legit as legit gets through 2 plus seasons. Vastly underappreciated by a large segment of the fanbase.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Thus far, McDermott has been given a 5-11 roster in 2017 and got them into the playoffs. Yes, they snuck in, but whatever. People cite the point differential as a negative. It's an indication of a team that won more games than it should have, but that's a PLUS as it pertains to the coach.

He took a 2-14 roster in 2018 and eked out 6 wins. That was a BAD football team with a raw, rookie QB. 6 wins was the absolute ceiling. Check.

This 2019 team is decent, but I view it as a .500 roster overall. Allen is still not playing particularly well, yet the team is 4-1 having won 3 out of 3 on the road. I don't care who you're playing; road victories are huge.

To this point, the guy has won pretty much every heavily contested game going back to 2017. The home Jets game stands out because it's really the only one of these that comes to mind that he's lost. 

His teams are the antithesis of what I've been conditioned to expect from the Bills; they find a way at the end. Not to screw it up; to win. The first game that comes to mind is AT Atlanta in 2017. I fully expected Ryan to drive the field and win. Nada. 

I think McDermott is far and away the most PROVEN member of the Bills big 3; GM, HC, QB. He is as legit as legit gets through 2 plus seasons. Vastly underappreciated by a large segment of the fanbase.

I don't quite agree on the 2017 roster. I thought that was an 8-8 team. He eeked everything out of them and they got a 9th win and made it in and he did a fantastic job refocussing the team after that awful Jets - Saints - Chargers slide and his Peterman error.

I agree on last year though. Man that roster was awful the only two players on last year's offense starting ANYWHERE in the NFL this season are Josh Allen and Dion Dawkins. I was saying it at the time when people here were going in on Daboll. He had the worst group of offensive players I have seen an NFL team field for a very long time. And you are right on tight games. The only other loss I can recall was week 2 of his first season at Carolina when if Zay runs a better route or Tyrod makes a better throw we win there too.

He is an excellent coach. I think he is going to be here a long time.

As for that game last night..... being a Broncos fan must suck these days. They are a terrible offense to watch, have an uninspiring Head Coach who is looking like an over promoted Defensive Coordinator at the moment, an ageing but still competent defense and an ageing and now less than competent Quarterback. Add that to a GM with seemingly no rebuilding strategy and whose eye for a Quarterback since he took the job (beyond recognising Peyton Manning was pretty good) has been an abject failure..... it is not a well set up organisation at this moment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And yet a 6 point game with a legitimate chance to go ahead in Q4. 

Over the years a lot of teams had that same chance and they didn't win. Pats have specialized in those kinds of wins. Unfortunately, they still do, even with an ancient QB.