QB Grades Through Week 6 Per PFF

Kangaxx

In terms of developing into an actual franchise Qb Allen is further along on that path.  His largest weakness short to intermediate has become his strength.

My issue with the PFF guys is that they are moving the goal posts with Allen.  During the offseason the signing of Beasley was mocked because, Allen isnt accurate in the short to intermediate.  This year he is killing it in that area.  With no recognition of the improvement, its Allen is going to always be a problem cause x.  They keep changing x.

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

why are we even arguing Darnold vs Allen, we never had a chance to draft him?

The narrative is that the Bills were “ asleep at the wheel “ when the Jets made a trade to move up in the draft to get a QB. Therefore whoever the Jets drafted in that spot must be forever agonized over by Bills fans thinking “ we coulda had ______” . ( this is often referred to as BBFS)

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The narrative is that the Bills were “ asleep at the wheel “ when the Jets made a trade to move up in the draft to get a QB. Therefore whoever the Jets drafted in that spot must be forever agonized over by Bills fans thinking “ we coulda had ______” . ( this is often referred to as BBFS)

I will admit, when the alert came through on my phone that the Jets moved up to #3....I knew they were getting either Darnold/Mayfield and I was bummed.

Those were the two I wanted first.

Then I fell in love with Rosen because I thought he was attainable.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Sick avatar dude.

Based on one awful game? 

Hes still going to be a good starter in this league for a long time, IMO. One atrocious game doesn't change that for me. 

Meanwhile if Allen came out and had that game you would be calling for the Bills to draft a new QB next year. You are such a bad cliche. 

On 10/17/2019 at 6:25 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Errr, can you put a little context around this?

How are they grading QB, why do we care, etc etc etc

Nothing against the top of the list (though Carson Wentz over Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson?  Seriously?) but I'm suspicious of any grading system that has Chase Daniel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Marcus Mariota graded out so high.

I don't see the admiration for Wentz

1 hour ago, MassHog said:

The allen hate is always there but how did they rank Brissett so high? That guy is awesome. Bridgewater is also playing great and is ranked terribly. 

They have Bridgewater ranked 14th now. Honestly probably higher than I would have expected. Brissett is indeed really low; I'd be curious to find out why as well. Guessing it might boil down to similar situation as Allen: very low % of "big time throws" relative to turnover-worthy throws.

37 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

They have Bridgewater ranked 14th now. Honestly probably higher than I would have expected. Brissett is indeed really low; I'd be curious to find out why as well. Guessing it might boil down to similar situation as Allen: very low % of "big time throws" relative to turnover-worthy throws.

With this week in the books I've also got Bridgewater at 14 (among starters). I've got Brissett at 7! Allen clawed back up to 20 in a down passing week overall.