QB Grades Through Week 6 Per PFF

Kangaxx

On 10/20/2019 at 1:59 AM, Bob in STL said:

Seems like Allen is held to a different standard than those in his draft class and even the QBs in the years prior.  

I think he will answer his critics by winning.  

Agreed.  Let these criticism be motivation for him to do better....like Brady in 2001

On 10/18/2019 at 11:25 AM, ScottLaw said:

Darnold is a more complete QB at this point.... he's already there in that I think he will be a starter for the long haul in this league for two big reasons. He is accurate, and he goes through his progressions quickly already. His arm strength is more than adequate enough as well, but I consider the first two reasons much more important in why he will be around for a long time. 

Just my opinion. 

hmmm

Last nights game provides more evidence that analytics have only limited value in assessing NFL talent.  And they probably have even less value when considering young QB's who have a relatively small sample size.  Why do I say this?  Because when you develop statistical models designed to evaluate real world situations they must show some degree of accuracy in predicting real world outcomes.

Take the PFF ratings:

Darnold = 73.9 ranked 13

Allen = 57.9 ranked 31.

That's a HUGE difference in their scale.  Based on this we would have PREDICTED that Darnold would have played much better then Allen against the Pats.  And when you remove variables like home or away (Jets were home) and the weather (weather was good for both games) what's the PFF excuse for their utter lack of predictability here?

Just because the PFF guys get featured on the Collin Herd show doesn't mean their models are close to being validated. 

In the end the PFF folks can't account for Ghosts in the Machine.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MR8 said:

The same people slamming PFF in here are also the people that would've posted this and pounded their chests if Allen was 1st. 

Not me. My track record about PFF is as consistent as they come.

A bunch of :censored: dorks making YouTube videos in their mom's basement who all have "online girlfriends" 

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Poor ScottLaw. Made to look the fool once more.

Very sad, very sad indeed.

Do I sense......

Image result for do I sense sarcasm gif

Joe, you know you could give two :censored: about Scott's feelings. :lol:

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Last nights game provides more evidence that analytics have only limited value in assessing NFL talent.  And they probably have even less value when considering young QB's who have a relatively small sample size.  Why do I say this?  Because when you develop statistical models designed to evaluate real world situations they must show some degree of accuracy in predicting real world outcomes.

Take the PFF ratings:

Darnold = 73.9 ranked 13

Allen = 57.9 ranked 31.

That's a HUGE difference in their scale.  Based on this we would have PREDICTED that Darnold would have played much better then Allen against the Pats.  And when you remove variables like home or away (Jets were home) and the weather (weather was good for both games) what's the PFF excuse for their utter lack of predictability here?

Just because the PFF guys get featured on the Collin Herd show doesn't mean their models are close to being validated. 

In the end the PFF folks can't account for Ghosts in the Machine.

Good post!

46 minutes ago, H2o said:

Not me. My track record about PFF is as consistent as they come.

A bunch of :censored: dorks making YouTube videos in their mom's basement who all have "online girlfriends" 

Hey man, one of them was on The Bachelorette. No online girlfriends for him.