QB Grades Through Week 6 Per PFF

Kangaxx

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForReal said:

MJ5k2zJ.png

Errr, can you put a little context around this?

How are they grading QB, why do we care, etc etc etc

Nothing against the top of the list (though Carson Wentz over Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson?  Seriously?) but I'm suspicious of any grading system that has Chase Daniel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Marcus Mariota graded out so high.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nothing against the top of the list (though Carson Wentz over Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson?  Seriously?) but I'm suspicious of any grading system that has Chase Daniel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Marcus Mariota graded out so high.

PFF is all you need to know.  They rank them based on how they think they should be ranked and throw in a little bit of metrics.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm pretty sure it's just their general rankings. Here's their thoughts on the Tennessee game.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForReal said:

I'm pretty sure it's just their general rankings. Here's their thoughts on the Tennessee game.

What a couple of tools.  Seriously, you can hear the bias dripping off their tongues.

Did they even watch the game?  "Allen is completing passes but he's still not accurate Bills fans"?  What the hell does that even mean?  Are these two morons saying that in all those short pass completions the receivers were having to make circus catches? 

They seem concerned that Allen isn't making "Big Plays" but who on that offense are the "Big Play" guys?  Maybe Foster & Singleterry who were both out.  And did these two numbskulls even realize that the Bills were without THREE startling offensive lineman? 

I know I should just ignore these guys but it's hard to ignore STUPID when it's in your face. 

• Like (+1) 1

JA has a lot of room for improvement, but this list just shows you how meaningless a lot of these statistics are. Winston and Mariota 6 & 7 ... one is benched and one may be soon. These are the same people who dropped the Bills one spot from 19 to 20th (behind the Titans) in their Power rankings.  Really almost comical... https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-7-power-rankings.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
added content
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What a couple of tools.  Seriously, you can hear the bias dripping off their tongues.

Did they even watch the game?  "Allen is completing passes but he's still not accurate Bills fans"?  What the hell does that even mean?  Are these two morons saying that in all those short pass completions the receivers were having to make circus catches? 

They seem concerned that Allen isn't making "Big Plays" but who on that offense are the "Big Play" guys?  Maybe Foster & Singleterry who were both out.  And did these two numbskulls even realize that the Bills were without THREE startling offensive lineman? 

I know I should just ignore these guys but it's hard to ignore STUPID when it's in your face. 

John Brown has made a career of being a burner and catching the deep ball. He’s a big play waiting to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I liked how he followed it up with "he completed 72% of his passes" and the other guy just stuck to his guns and said he's still not accurate again.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForReal said:

LOLOLOL!  "He's completing passes....he's still not accurate...BILLS FANS"

Even the TV announcers who were calling the game said in kind of a bemused tone words to the effect "People say Josh Allen needs to become more accurate, I don't see how he can get more accurate than that"

I think there's "confirmation bias" at work here...BIG TIME

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

JA has a lot of room for improvement, but this list just shows you how meaningless a lot of these statistics are. Winston and Mariota 6 & 7 ... one is benched and one may be soon.

How you are against the blitz isn’t meaningless. It also doesn’t mean that being good against the blitz means you’re a world beater. It’s merely a component of having to play QB. The more things you are consistently good at then the better you and your team will be. This place is so quick to dismiss things simply because Allen isn’t among the greats.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

JA has a lot of room for improvement, but this list just shows you how meaningless a lot of these statistics are. Winston and Mariota 6 & 7 ... one is benched and one may be soon.

And it's not just those two.  How is Baker Mayfield rated that much higher then Allen.  It takes a special type of number crunching to come up with that metric.

Maybe the analytics guys are giving Winston bonus points for throwing 5 INT's in one game while Allen only threw 3.  And in the case of Winston he threw his against a much weaker defense then Allen did.  And maybe Mariota got bonus points for losing to Buffalo and scoring only 1 TD in the process? 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

How you are against the blitz isn’t meaningless. It also doesn’t mean that being good against the blitz means you’re a world beater. It’s merely a component of having to play QB. The more things you are consistently good at then the better you and your team will be. This place is so quick to dismiss things simply because Allen isn’t among the greats.

And Winston, Mariota and Mayfield are?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

There’s room for improvement. I’d like to see him have a game or 2 where he goes off and throws for like 350 yards and 3TDs.

CC55-F4-CB-B635-43-B6-A4-CE-4745-EA3-BB5

Oh Hey, like MARIOTA?  Who is also by ESPN "Top Against the Blitz"?  He's had something like 8 300+ yard games, including one this season.

And something like 10 games where he's thrown ?3 TDs, too, including 2 this season.

Wonder why he just got benched, eh?

• Like (+1) 1