Cordy Glenn at Odds With Bengals Over Concussion

H2o

14 hours ago, Augie said:

And on a Tuesday night in Milwaukee, he will coast. The last NBA game I attended live was in Charlotte, over 10 years ago. The kids had been good all day on a road trip, so we bought Hornets tix. Had about $800 into the night and 4 minutes in my youngest (hard working little AAU point guard) turns to me and says “THEY’RE NOT EVEN TRYING!” So true! 

Also, in hoops you don’t take the absolute beating you’ll get in the NFL. There is ZERO coasting in the NFL, so there may be may tweaks, plantar fasciitis, back or concussion issues that are hard to deny......all to avoid having to get CRUSHED for that paycheck!  

I take my AAU teen to a couple of Knicks games a year.  We went to game 4 of the finals in Cleveland a few years ago (the one where, after the loss,  LeBron basically forced the league to suspend Green for the next game for a nut slap). 

NBA coaches are allowed to sit stars for stretches (on good teams) because the sheer number of games renders each one meaningless until later in the year.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The player's union have a lot more clout in the NBA since roster sizes are only about a fourth of the NFL and of those only about half play on a regular basis.  NBA players also last about a year and a half longer on average as it's not the physical sport football is.  Any kid going into college highly recruited in basketball and football should pry choose the former in most instances.  Same goes for picking baseball against football (unless you're out of this world talented like Russell Wilson and possibly Kyler Murray).

If you are good enough to be drafted into the NBA, that's the way to go.  MLB isn't.  Rare to go right to the majors, if ever.  And a ton of players coming from not college but out of the US. NFL would be the far better choice there.

45 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's nice of the NBA to declare a exemption on the most boneheaded contracts every 5 years or so and start over on salary stuff.

The Knicks are still playing Allen Houston, I think.

31 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Why would anyone want AJ Green at the Shawne Merriman point of his career?  

Agreed. I love AJ from the past but he's always hurt now. Let's get one of the WR's from Denver, they should be bailing out on the season here in 3, 2, 1........

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Agreed. I love AJ from the past but he's always hurt now. Let's get one of the WR's from Denver, they should be bailing out on the season here in 3, 2, 1........

The only Donkey WR i would want is Sutton and he’s probably the only one they aren’t trading 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...check made out to Mike Brown's 401K............

I'm already paying into his 401k living in Hamilton County and the crummy deal he extorted out of these poor fans in 1996.........he doesn't need any more. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I thought they have independent physicians that monitor the concussion protocol.  If so, then Glenn has nothing to complain about.

There’s more to it. If the player complains of headaches then it’s incumbent upon the Doctors to 

report and take seriously that the concussion is causing the headaches.

There is no way for a Doctor to clear a player without player feedback.

I have no clue what Cordy’s situation is, but if he’s not ready to play because of the concussion then they better heed giving him an all clear. They're setting themselves up for a massive lawsuit if something happens to Cordy.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dlonce said:

There’s more to it. If the player complains of headaches then it’s incumbent upon the Doctors to 

report and take seriously that the concussion is causing the headaches.

There is no way for a Doctor to clear a player without player feedback.

I have no clue what Cordy’s situation is, but if he’s not ready to play because of the concussion then they better heed giving him an all clear. They're setting themselves up for a massive lawsuit if something happens to Cordy.

Where is the infamous NFLPA?

7 hours ago, Locomark said:

Cordy just doesn’t want to be there. He sees a total rebuild and he has been there done that with us. Next he’ll be making Trent Williams like trade demands. The problem is he just isn't as good as his big paycheck. I liked him when he was here, but I’m pretty happy he’s gone now. 

Glenn is in a totally different position with his contract than Williams is.

If/when Cordy is back healthy he only has a 2 million Dead Cap hit if they trade or cut him.

He has zero leverage and I would bet the Bengals get rid of him soon.

Next year (the last year of his contract) he has $0 of dead cap.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Glenn is in a totally different position with his contract than Williams is.

If/when Cordy is back healthy he only has a 2 million Dead Cap hit if they trade or cut him.

He has zero leverage and I would bet the Bengals get rid of him soon.

Next year (the last year of his contract) he has $0 of dead cap.

I wasn’t comparing the two in contract or talent. I was suggesting Cordy thinks he has that level of value, which is a joke. 

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I wasn’t comparing the two in contract or talent. I was suggesting Cordy thinks he has that level of value, which is a joke. 

My bad.  I do agree he has turned into something very strange.  It's a shame really because he had a lot of potential.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm already paying into his 401k living in Hamilton County and the crummy deal he extorted out of these poor fans in 1996.........he doesn't need any more. 

....doesn't he still have his baptismal money?......unreal that the Bengals have a Scouting Dept of 3 (think I read this) and one is his daughter....................

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you are good enough to be drafted into the NBA, that's the way to go.  MLB isn't.  Rare to go right to the majors, if ever.  And a ton of players coming from not college but out of the US. NFL would be the far better choice there.

I was thinking more in the line of Bryce Harper like superstars for the MLB.  Longer career means more money as there's less wear on your body.

• Like (+1) 1