Cordy Glenn at Odds With Bengals Over Concussion

H2o

Just now, unbillievable said:

Concussions are tricky because doctors have to rely on input from patients. There are the obvious symptoms, and then there are the "how do you feel, today?" diagnosis.

Glenn's "concussion" was self-reported, and fans have pointed out that they can't find the play where he got hurt. He wasn't presenting with any symptoms, and no one had a clue, until Cordy went to the doctors himself. 

The Bengals are basically accusing him of faking it, now; after 8 weeks.

..interesting....thanks for the details........kind of suspect that there was no "in game play" that necessitated a sideline evaluation and removal from the game.....

No way Jose! I am a big UGA fan and was very happy Glenn was drafted by the Bills and liked the early play of Glenn.

sorry, but I think  either Glenn doesn’t have the body or drive to be a consistent player in the league. I also doubt he plays for backup money. 

I can’t see McDermott and Beane ever signing him again.

28 minutes ago, Magox said:

This guys trades and signings for the most part age very well.

....McBeane must have sensed something with Glenn's prolonged foot issue to have dumped him (strictly opinion)......and now he voluntarily goes into concussion protocol?...somethin' ain't passing the smell test IMO..............

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....McBeane must have sensed something with Glenn's prolonged foot issue to have dumped him (strictly opinion)......and now he voluntarily goes into concussion protocol?...somethin' ain't passing the smell test IMO..............

I know the Sammy defenders who have no legs to stand on will hate reading this but Sammy is now slated to miss his 3rd game in a row.  The last 2 games.......   They lost.

This is who he is, he has a spectacular game a couple ok games, a couple where he is inconsequential and then he is injured for a few.

Rinse and repeat.  The life of Sammy Watkins.

Yet another good move by Beane.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

I know the Sammy defenders who have no legs to stand on will hate reading this but Sammy is now slated to miss his 3rd game in a row.  The last 2 games.......   They lost.

This is who he is, he has a spectacular game a couple ok games, a couple where he is inconsequential and then he is injured for a few.

Rinse and repeat.  The life of Sammy Watkins.

Yet another good move by Beane.

..think the guy is committed to his craft?......tells his "bride to be" he'll be bringing home FIVE BUCKS an hour in his paycheck?.....never understood why Pegula did not heed the advice of TBD posting experts clamoring for , "....fire McBeane....fire McDermot....fire The Rockpile Beerman...."....wouldn't THEY know BEST??..........

Sal Maiorana, @salmaiorana Published 8:00 a.m. ET July 22, 2017 | Updated 9:14 p.m. ET July 22, 2017

Imagine having this conversation with the woman you’re about to marry.

“Honey, I’m going to turn down a full-time entry-level job in journalism that pays about $30,000 annually to start with benefits, so I can go work a $5-an-hour internship for the Carolina Panthers.”

That happened back in 1998, and new Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane lived to laugh about it.

“My wife didn’t kick me out for that, so that was pretty good,” Beane said recently, recalling that potential deal-breaking moment when the just-out-of-college soon-to-be-newlyweds were preparing to start a life for themselves.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Concussions are tricky because doctors have to rely on input from patients. There are the obvious symptoms, and then there are the "how do you feel, today?" diagnosis.

Glenn's "concussion" was self-reported, and fans have pointed out that they can't find the play where he got hurt. He wasn't presenting with any symptoms, and no one had a clue, until Cordy went to the doctors himself. 

The Bengals are basically accusing him of faking it, now; after 8 weeks.

Just a point that as you acknowledge, many of the symptoms of concussion are self-reported; I'm not sure how that squares with "he wasn't presenting with any symptoms"  If the guy is seeing lights or experiencing ringing in his ears or having exertion-induced headaches, then those are the symptoms he presents with, self-reported or not

Now maybe Glenn is "faking it" but it seems to me that if he wants a 2nd opinion he has every right under the CBA to obtain one.

Kyle Turley has accounts of Mad Martz slamming his desk and screaming at him that he should get out there and play when he was still suffering from his back injury.  He feels it cut short his career (for those who don't know, Kyle Turley is the OLman who um, dealt forcefully with some guys who were trying to bowstring his QB while the Zebras stood by).

There are often two sides.

Interesting. The Trent Williams saga in Washington started because Trent felt the management and medical staff misdiagnosed him, rushed him back, didn’t take his condition seriously enough.  It’s a big thing now. Players are fighting back.  Players are orchestrating their own trades, etc.. 

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just a point that as you acknowledge, many of the symptoms of concussion are self-reported; I'm not sure how that squares with "he wasn't presenting with any symptoms"  If the guy is seeing lights or experiencing ringing in his ears or having exertion-induced headaches, then those are the symptoms he presents with, self-reported or not

Now maybe Glenn is "faking it" but it seems to me that if he wants a 2nd opinion he has every right under the CBA to obtain one.

Kyle Turley has accounts of Mad Martz slamming his desk and screaming at him that he should get out there and play when he was still suffering from his back injury.  He feels it cut short his career (for those who don't know, Kyle Turley is the OLman who um, dealt forcefully with some guys who were trying to bowstring his QB while the Zebras stood by).

There are often two sides.

He doesn't need permission to go get a second opinion. If he really wants one then why hasn't he just gotten one?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Byrd was a bad signing for NO.  That was back when the Saints were trying to buy a championship and it totally backfired.

The played the cap manipulation game and lost.  They missed 3 years of playoffs because of it.

what got them worst was giving big deals to two homegrown players that were out the door within about a year (graham and galette). Those bonus accelerations were hellacious. And on the heels of bountygate. and poor drafting. It was quite the time. Byrd was an issue but contributing to the problem not primary to it..

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

That may just be why I haven’t watched a full NBA game in many years, and generally don’t even stop on that channel until the Finals. 

Bradley Beale--maybe a top 25 player---just got 72 million for 2 years.   That's more than any player in the NFL makes.  All guaranteed.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bradley Beale--maybe a top 25 player---just got 72 million for 2 years.   That's more than any player in the NFL makes.  All guaranteed.

And on a Tuesday night in Milwaukee, he will coast. The last NBA game I attended live was in Charlotte, over 10 years ago. The kids had been good all day on a road trip, so we bought Hornets tix. Had about $800 into the night and 4 minutes in my youngest (hard working little AAU point guard) turns to me and says “THEY’RE NOT EVEN TRYING!” So true! 

Also, in hoops you don’t take the absolute beating you’ll get in the NFL. There is ZERO coasting in the NFL, so there may be may tweaks, plantar fasciitis, back or concussion issues that are hard to deny......all to avoid having to get CRUSHED for that paycheck!  

Edited by Augie

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Or maybe he just doesn't want to play for the winless Bengals at this point? I also believe he feels slighted and is acting in this manner due to the fact they were kicking him into LG because of Williams, but when Williams gets injured he is being put back at LT. Some athletes are petty and it's hard to judge what is ego or legit anymore. 

I dunno H2O, the more I read about this the more bogus it sounds. Even if he doesn't want to play for a loser or get moved to G, he's under contract. Not playing because he's not happy but still getting paid is odius.