Cordy Glenn at Odds With Bengals Over Concussion

H2o

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

Per multiple sources, the Bengals and Glenn have been at odds regarding the concussion, its symptoms, whether he’s able to return, the need for second opinions, and how the player feels. At some point, the situation prompted the Bengals to fine Glenn $200,000 for conduct detrimental to the team.

As one source explained it to PFT, things got heated on Wednesday. Glenn and a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff argued (a witness thought at one point that it was going to turn physical), and Glenn eventually told coach Zac Taylor to just cut him.

If I am not mistaken, wasn't he at odds with the Bills as well over his foot injury while here? Either way, they are likely headed for a divorce one way or another most likely. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

If I am not mistaken, wasn't he at odds with the Bills as well over his foot injury while here? Either way, they are likely headed for a divorce one way or another most likely. 

The story was that the Bills thought he could go but he wasn’t giving the full effort to come back from the foot thing 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The story was that the Bills thought he could go but he wasn’t giving the full effort to come back from the foot thing 

I knew there was something behind the story, but couldn't remember the full details of it. 

Glenn was a monster his first few years here.   And when it comes to concussions the Bengals should know better not to mess around.  That said the guy hasnt played a full season since 2015, and in any job the best ability is availability.   If he plays again he probably will need a very good situation to be motivated.  

• Like (+1) 1

A while back I got thrashed by several posters here for suggesting that Cordy mailed it in after he got paid.  Looks like that was accurate.

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Like (+1) 8

I keep thinking about Jairus Byrd and how he manipulated the Bills, and totally screwed the Saints, over that foot injury that no one else could see.

Byrd's goal was to make a lot of money and walk away a healthy, wealthy young man.  He probably liked playing football but recognized the dangers.  He worked the system.  Perhaps Glenn is doing the same thing.

Edited by Utah John
typo
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I keep thinking about Jairus Byrd and how he manipulated the Bills, and totally screwed the Saints, over that foot injury that no one else could see.

Byrd's goal was to make a lot of money and walk away a healthy, wealthy young man.  He probably liked playing football but recognized the dangers.  He worked the system.  Perhaps Glenn is doing the same thing.

How did Byrd manipulate the Bills? Or screw over the Saints for that matter?