Does anyone listen live to the Lo-Down Radio Show with Lorenzo Alexander?

mykidsdad

My family and I have been watching the segment on youtube, but my son wanted to listen live. Does anyone know when it airs? (I think it is the best segment on the John Murphy Show, that and the injury updates from Chris Brown). Thanks in advance.

Edited by mykidsdad

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its a great segment.  He needs to look into radio or television once he is done playing.  He isnt playing like a guy in his late thirties.

'Zo is very articulate and also screamingly funny at times.  The segment where Zo and Steve Smith got going together was Classic, Classic.  They were discussing the stuff 'Zo does to stay in game shape during the season (deep acupuncture etc) and whether the young players follow suit: "They don't listen, 'cuz they young!"  "They roll out of bed. I'm like uh uh, not this morning - I need that deep acupuncture, gimme that deep muscle massage".  Then they went off on going out with their wives (apparently their wives are besties).

It was very funny.

• Like (+1) 2

Really seems like we have a lot of well spoken, articulate players on our team. They are all great interviews. Much better than listening to players who can barely speak English or who you can barely get a word out of them. An exception is Jordan Phillips. He isn't bad at speaking or anything, but he didn't seem to know much about football. Steve Tasker was trying to coax out of him the differences between a 3-tech and a 5-tech and why a 3-tech has more availability to rush the passer, and he was clueless. Didn't know the difference at all.

12 hours ago, MJS said:

Really seems like we have a lot of well spoken, articulate players on our team. They are all great interviews. Much better than listening to players who can barely speak English or who you can barely get a word out of them. An exception is Jordan Phillips. He isn't bad at speaking or anything, but he didn't seem to know much about football. Steve Tasker was trying to coax out of him the differences between a 3-tech and a 5-tech and why a 3-tech has more availability to rush the passer, and he was clueless. Didn't know the difference at all.

I agree with you about how well spoken the players are and it’s great to see this type of chemistry which hasn’t been prevalent in the team since the super bowl run teams of the 90’s. Wanted to point out a you tube interview for you to check out tho. It’s a single guy called Buffalo fanatics.  He is ok , just refulsr guy. He did a full 30 min interview with Jordan Phillips on his you tube channel ( Buffalo fanatics ) about 4 days ago now.  Check it out because I believe you will see Phillips like you saw the other players. I came away very impressed. He was genuine and had a genuine like of the team, the coaches and culture and he heaped praise on the b lo community and the bills mafia / fans. He was very articulate and well spoken and I have watched many if not all the other shows ( Murphy and tasker  etc) and he was even more affable than many of the players they had on. He even had a few chances to go negative about things like the tenn players but he stayed very professional and he was a good representative for the teem. He talked about the process and he also talked some x & o type thug s and he came across very well.  He want to do well and he he wants a future with the Bills and comes across very team oriented. It is such a breath of fresh air to see how well this team is actually a “ team” and they stress supporting each other. Phillips even mentioned how the locker room is set up so they are forced to know guys outside their position group and this speaks to McDermott seeing a larger picture too achieve his ultimate football goals.    So not trying to argue of undermine you; just thought ihad such a positive feeling about Phillips that I would love to see him succeed on the Bills for a long time maybe it was the venue and he was more withdrawn on the Murphy show ( have to admit I missed that one but will look ). But of you have time check our Buffalo fanatics  on YouTube. Phillips took time out from being with his daughter I believe to be with the show and he was very unselfish with his time. I have no affiliation with that web show so just a FYI from one bills fan to another. Sorry I didn’t put a link , IT stuff is not my forte ! Best wishes and go Bills! 

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I agree with you about how well spoken the players are and it’s great to see this type of chemistry which hasn’t been prevalent in the team since the super bowl run teams of the 90’s. Wanted to point out a you tube interview for you to check out tho. It’s a single guy called Buffalo fanatics.  He is ok , just refulsr guy. He did a full 30 min interview with Jordan Phillips on his you tube channel ( Buffalo fanatics ) about 4 days ago now.  Check it out because I believe you will see Phillips like you saw the other players. I came away very impressed. He was genuine and had a genuine like of the team, the coaches and culture and he heaped praise on the b lo community and the bills mafia / fans. He was very articulate and well spoken and I have watched many if not all the other shows ( Murphy and tasker  etc) and he was even more affable than many of the players they had on. He even had a few chances to go negative about things like the tenn players but he stayed very professional and he was a good representative for the teem. He talked about the process and he also talked some x & o type thug s and he came across very well.  He want to do well and he he wants a future with the Bills and comes across very team oriented. It is such a breath of fresh air to see how well this team is actually a “ team” and they stress supporting each other. Phillips even mentioned how the locker room is set up so they are forced to know guys outside their position group and this speaks to McDermott seeing a larger picture too achieve his ultimate football goals.    So not trying to argue of undermine you; just thought ihad such a positive feeling about Phillips that I would love to see him succeed on the Bills for a long time maybe it was the venue and he was more withdrawn on the Murphy show ( have to admit I missed that one but will look ). But of you have time check our Buffalo fanatics  on YouTube. Phillips took time out from being with his daughter I believe to be with the show and he was very unselfish with his time. I have no affiliation with that web show so just a FYI from one bills fan to another. Sorry I didn’t put a link , IT stuff is not my forte ! Best wishes and go Bills! 

48B8EE8F-1303-41F4-83C2-DC3729FD6570.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

'Zo is very articulate and also screamingly funny at times.  The segment where Zo and Steve Smith got going together was Classic, Classic.  They were discussing the stuff 'Zo does to stay in game shape during the season (deep acupuncture etc) and whether the young players follow suit: "They don't listen, 'cuz they young!"  "They roll out of bed. I'm like uh uh, not this morning - I need that deep acupuncture, gimme that deep muscle massage".  Then they went off on going out with their wives (apparently their wives are besties).

It was very funny.

Yes, I know their wives are very close friends. I work at a car dealership in Charlotte, and Angie Smith is one of my customers. She saw my Bills YETI cup and told me that "Oh my best friend's husband plays for Buffalo" and of course, she said Lorenzo Alexander. Which is strange why they are so close... I mean I don't know that Steve Smith and 'Zo were ever on the same team together.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Yes, I know their wives are very close friends. I work at a car dealership in Charlotte, and Angie Smith is one of my customers. She saw my Bills YETI cup and told me that "Oh my best friend's husband plays for Buffalo" and of course, she said Lorenzo Alexander. Which is strange why they are so close... I mean I don't know that Steve Smith and 'Zo were ever on the same team together.

Manjanique Alexander and Angie Smith were besties before they got married I think.  College roomies?  Smith said something about it on air.

I had no idea Bills YETI cups were a Thing.  Now I Want One.

50 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

And Eric Wood can replace John Murphy 

Eric wood is decent as a broadcaster, but he's somewhat robotic sounding. That could be because he's a young broadcaster, but I think he needs a bit more experience 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Becoming a legend here after only a few years.

i hope he plays another 2 years+

Would love to see that happen.

He said he would retire after this season. Any chance he can be talked into playing another year or two?

45 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Would love to see that happen.

He said he would retire after this season. Any chance he can be talked into playing another year or two?

No clue, but look at the situation.  It’s a young and up and coming team.  He’s one of the most influential leaders.  If things progress again this offseason, we could be one of the favorites for the super bowl.  Hell, we could win the SB this year.  I think there’s a chance he can be coerced.  Don’t you?

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Manjanique Alexander and Angie Smith were besties before they got married I think.  College roomies?  Smith said something about it on air.

I had no idea Bills YETI cups were a Thing.  Now I Want One.

6A22CA71-8480-493E-92D6-CFD904907C25.jpeg