Dolphins moving on from Kenyan Drake

YoloinOhio

Just now, BurpleBull said:

And after Poyer released him, Milano was still doing what exactly? Lol

Apparently you forgot yours. 

Sorry you don't think upgrading the team is worth it because you think Sticking up for a team-mate is bad

I don’t know exactly what the Dolphins are looking or in return, but I would be talking with Frank Gore, Jordan Phillips, and Vincent Taylor about how he would fit in and how he was in the locker room.  

The Dolphins are going to lose him for nothing because of the number of FAs they are going to need as part of the rebuild.  If the Bills could get him for a conditional pick 5th becoming a 4th if he re-signs then I would be fine.  If he walks after the season - Buffalo may have a shot at Comp picks for him and Spain.

Don’t know if they will deal in division or not, but if the former teammates think he can fit in - then I think it would be an upgrade at this point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

If he walks after the season - Buffalo may have a shot at Comp picks for him and Spain.

I don’t really have much of an opinion on Drake, but I can’t see the Bills qualifying for Comp picks again..

You need to lose more free agents then you sign, and with the amount of cap space the Bills have, I would expect them to be signing a number this offseason... not as many as last year but still more than they lose..

Also think they will make an offer to Spain..

On 10/18/2019 at 10:02 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

They are doing the tank all wrong.

they are getting rid of everything, which makes it a lot harder to rebuild.

I expect the next headline to be:

“Dolphins moving on from players.  Bringing in actual Dolphins.”

???

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:11 AM, BurpleBull said:

I'm always skeptical when someone has a lot to say at first, but then resorts to a sarcastic, 16-word response after their initial response has been rebutted. 

I never implied Ford was in the wrong for sticking up for Josh Allen, or should be cut because of it. 

Honestly anyone sticking up for Jarvis Landry over a Bills player loses all credibility... 

Just me, but I would not sweat it.

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

Honestly anyone sticking up for Jarvis Landry over a Bills player loses all credibility... 

Just me, but I would not sweat it.

Yeah, it's weird.

Even if one's going to defend the actions of a rival as sticking up for his teammate, how do you disregard a Bills' player's helmet being flung across the field by that rival?

Real weird. 

On 10/18/2019 at 5:30 PM, Aussie Joe said:

I don’t really have much of an opinion on Drake, but I can’t see the Bills qualifying for Comp picks again..

You need to lose more free agents then you sign, and with the amount of cap space the Bills have, I would expect them to be signing a number this offseason... not as many as last year but still more than they lose..

Also think they will make an offer to Spain..

You could be right, but I think they really like Feliciano and Long and if Ford finds more playing time at guard - you have the option to let Spain walk. He was on a 1 year “prove it” contract. 

The Bills have a number of FAs this year (smart job by Beane with a lot of Short contracts) and I think they will be close as I think they would rather get talent in the draft.  I think they will have a chance to get a comp pick, but they need to lose value to make it worth it.  

That is where a player like Drake would be nice, but only if you get assurances from his former teammates that he can settle into a RB by committee role.

46 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

You could be right, but I think they really like Feliciano and Long and if Ford finds more playing time at guard - you have the option to let Spain walk. He was on a 1 year “prove it” contract. 

The Bills have a number of FAs this year (smart job by Beane with a lot of Short contracts) and I think they will be close as I think they would rather get talent in the draft.  I think they will have a chance to get a comp pick, but they need to lose value to make it worth it.  

They must like Spain more than Long as he is starting..

To get comp picks you need to lose more free agents then you sign.., That didn’t happen in the 2019 offseason, and with $80M to spend, JA in the third year of his rookie deal and the SuperBowl window well and truly open for business I don’t see it happening in 2020 either..

On 10/18/2019 at 2:43 PM, Rochesterfan said:

I don’t know exactly what the Dolphins are looking or in return, but I would be talking with Frank Gore, Jordan Phillips, and Vincent Taylor about how he would fit in and how he was in the locker room.  

The Dolphins are going to lose him for nothing because of the number of FAs they are going to need as part of the rebuild.  If the Bills could get him for a conditional pick 5th becoming a 4th if he re-signs then I would be fine.  If he walks after the season - Buffalo may have a shot at Comp picks for him and Spain.

Don’t know if they will deal in division or not, but if the former teammates think he can fit in - then I think it would be an upgrade at this point.

Good post.

I would think Miami, at this point, would have no issue dealing with any team seeing as they are a good few years away from maybe digging out of this hole they are in.