Dolphins moving on from Kenyan Drake

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I get trying to retool a roster and get a QB, but you still need some pieces on the roster. Drake is a young, cheap and talented RB. Is the 4th round pick really worth it to miami? They still have to find someone to run the ball

Exactly.  Miami is already the youngest team in the NFL this year.  They will be adding all kinds of rookies in the next 2 years.

They are going to be in desperate need for vet leadership.  I wonder how much they will need to overpay to get vet FAs to sign there.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all works out for them in the next few years.

Personally I think they may be overdoing the tear down. 

A few thoughts about this as it pertains to the Bills:

There were a number of posters on here and other Bills message board calling for a full on tank in 2017 after Watkins was traded, in an attempt to get the number 1 pick. What you're seeing in Miami right now is a great example of why, in my opinion, that's a terrible strategy for an organization. What Buffalo did instead--in terms of establishing a winning "culture", playing guys who earned their spots, and fighting to a 9-7 record--built a foundation for the youth makeover that came next. When Josh Allen was drafted, he wasn't walking into an 0-16 dumpster fire, he was coming into a program that felt it could even sit him for a year and let him learn. He ended up seeing the field earlier than was intended (perhaps), but their was already a culture of accountability and expected success.

Now, in his second year, you have already seen this team win 4 games that, by all rights, any teams that we have fielded in the last 20 years would have lost. You can say the competition is bad, but each of those teams has a loss that is because of us... We went through the same process here, in terms of getting rid of "guys that didn't fit the system", but if it was McBeane running the show down there, you have to wonder if they would have a lot of these guys that they've already moved on the field, with Tanny having them at 3-2 in the thick of the wildcard race. 

Edited by JohnnyGold
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure but that’s Grudens decision.... I’m saying that 5th they got would be worth dangling to MIA for Drake. Think he’s better than Yeldon and a nice fit in Dab’s o. But no idea what sort of locker room guy he is. 

I too would happily send them a fifth for Drake. From Beane's perspective Zay morphs into Drake which I would see as an upgrade and a good move.

8 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I picked up Walton yesterday.  Then I read he missed practice and dropped him, 20 minutes before this tweet went out, now he's gotta go through waivers.  FML.

If you pick him up, I hope you don't start him this week.

8 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Same. If he could stay healthy he would be a very good back.

I may be in the minority, but i would prefer him over Yeldon.

sorry TJ.

He seems to offer a higher ceiling with actual NFL coaching (Bills ) Drake that is.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't remember this, can you say more?

But I don't think Drake is a candidate to come here.  Trading to a division rival is pretty rare.

would help the tanknottanktank : )

5 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

Trade for Drake, cut Perry. Especially if it is a later round pick... would love to have Drake and Singletary going forward after Gore retires. Think beyond the 1yr rental!

read my mind

and draft one brute to grind it

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Have 3 bags of footballs ready when the Dolphins show up.  They’re so into dumping current assets in anticipation of future assets that the suggestion these are future footballs will probably get the Bills the Drake.

Couldn't ask for better timing!

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Couldn't ask for better timing!

Miami will be asking the charter flight provider for a refund on the return fare for Drake.  Look for future Dolphin cast offs to be found in whatever city the Dolphins have a game.  Also, check local fire halls for 280 lb. players in baskets on the front steps.  Note pinned on the aqua jersey ‘Please take care of this mug’.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Have 3 bags of footballs ready when the Dolphins show up.  They’re so into dumping current assets in anticipation of future assets that the suggestion these are future footballs will probably get the Bills the Drake.

Do you have any idea how much 3 bags of footballs cost and whats all this talk of airfare?

Image result for ralph wilson9
Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/alabamafootball/2014/10/alabama_rb_kenyan_drake_suffer.html%3foutputType=amp

Leg injury serious enough to be airlifted to a hospital. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansided.com/2015/11/14/kenyan-drake-injury-update-alabama-rb-leaves-game-possible-broken-arm-video/amp/

After recovering from the broken arm he did this...

Tough guy that is a team player. Besides the Bill's do yall see any team out there that would need him?

19 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm always skeptical when someone has a lot to say at first, but then resorts to a sarcastic, 16-word response after their initial response has been rebutted. 

I never implied Ford was in the wrong for sticking up for Josh Allen, or should be cut because of it. 

you see a video one way. I see it another. I think your take is idiotic so ending the talk about it because not going to see anything else but your jaded view. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

you see a video one way. I see it another. I think your take is idiotic so ending the talk about it because not going to see anything else but your jaded view. 

Says the guy who saw Jordan Poyer "take it way past the whistle".  Lol