Rep. Elijah Cummings has passed away

Always sad to hear of someone passing especially at a the young of 68 (I thought he was older!)

I literally was just thinking this about the fact that we rarely see any of these congress members pass away while in office...which is odd given how darn old many of these people are. Chuck, Nancy and Stenny all look like fossils at the microphone!

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Always sad to hear of someone passing especially at a the young of 68 (I thought he was older!)

I literally was just thinking this about the fact that we rarely see any of these congress members pass away while in office...which is odd given how darn old many of these people are. Chuck, Nancy and Stenny all look like fossils at the microphone!

They survive by drinking the blood of the peasants, Elijah must have had a bad donor from the streets of Baltimore!

11 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm surprised he was only 68. He looked like he was 80. I hope his passing was painless.

Either way, it sucks for his friends and family.

He did seem older.  Another example though of pols working until the grave.  Many of these folks need to retire, have some fun while they still can and get off the power trip crack pipe. 

• Like (+1) 2

RIP: REP. ELIJAH CUMMINGS (D-MD) PASSES AWAY AT AGE 68;

Update: Trump hails “strength, passion, wisdom.”

Unexpectedly: Journalist angry at Trump for being respectful of Elijah Cummings and kind about his passing.

I wish that just once Democrats would not "use" the passing of one of their leaders...........................I am not hopeful for this time either.

41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

RIP: REP. ELIJAH CUMMINGS (D-MD) PASSES AWAY AT AGE 68;

Update: Trump hails “strength, passion, wisdom.”

Unexpectedly: Journalist angry at Trump for being respectful of Elijah Cummings and kind about his passing.

I wish that just once Democrats would not "use" the passing of one of their leaders...........................I am not hopeful for this time either.

Jesus, they even use someone’s passing to grandstand politically.

Everyone forgets that the sole reason Trump criticized Cummings was because earlier that same day the congressman was extraordinarily disrespectful to an Administration staff person in a public hearing. I can’t now recall who that staff member was but the President didn’t randomly lash out at Mr Cummings, like the news media would like you to believe.

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Everyone forgets that the sole reason Trump criticized Cummings was because earlier that same day the congressman was extraordinarily disrespectful to an Administration staff person in a public hearing. I can’t now recall who that staff member was but the President didn’t randomly lash out at Mr Cummings, like the news media would like you to believe.

Yeah.  Then Fox and Friends did a segment showing the worst areas of his district that Trump watched.  He then went on his twitter tirade.  Cummings actually had a thoughtful response I thought.  Something Dems should emulate when Trump attacks them.

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  Then Fox and Friends did a segment showing the worst areas of his district that Trump watched.  He then went on his twitter tirade.  Cummings actually had a thoughtful response I thought.  Something Dems should emulate when Trump attacks them.

Too bad he didn't fight harder for them.?

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Ha! Did you ever see Mr Cummings disrespectful attack of the White House staffer? Thoughtful response....my butt!

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ha! Did you ever see Mr Cummings disrespectful attack of the White House staffer? Thoughtful response....my butt!

This is what pisses me off.

Can’t people, FROM ALL SIDES, just take a moment to pay respects to a man that held public office in this country?

Instead, you get morons who use someone’s death to bash everyone else to Kingdom Come, purely for political gain.

Sickening