Aj green trade news

39 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Sounds right. I wouldn't think they send him to an AFC team. 

Even if they did it probably wouldn't the Bills, the two seemingly play every year (4 times in the last 5 years)

Edited by Steve O

22 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I might be in the minority with this but I'm good unless we can get him for like a 4th. I think the last few years have shown you can get a guy in the draft and develop him and they can contribute early. If AJ was about 2 years younger and had less injury histroy I  would be all in giving up a 2nd this year and a future mid rounder for him. 

The Bills can't be too frugal to get Green if they want him. Walmart shopping won't get it done. 

The negativity around him by some here is overboard.  AJ Green is still young enough to be impactful for the next few years and when healthy he has been very productive.

He is not someone who has been chronically injured throughout his career aside from these past 15 months or so.   For the right price he should definitely considered.  If I had to take a guess what he would be worth from the Bill's perspective I'd say maybe a 2020 3rd and 2021 4th.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ******* said:

Per Mike Freeman:

Jalen Ramsey Part 2 is happening in Cincinnati with AJ Green.

For the record, this is NOT how you start a thread here. Have your substantiated information or link available with your opening comment. 

If you have any questions about it, I’d invite you to inquire with ********, except he’s unavailable.

32 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I might be in the minority with this but I'm good unless we can get him for like a 4th. I think the last few years have shown you can get a guy in the draft and develop him and they can contribute early. If AJ was about 2 years younger and had less injury histroy I  would be all in giving up a 2nd this year and a future mid rounder for him. 

No, I'm with you there, too. If he had 3 years left on his deal, that'd be one thing. I'm not giving up a 3 or better to have a guy for less than a full season, then walk in FA.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

AJ Green is faking an injury to get traded and someone is offering two firsts?

good one...laffin

green is a one year rental.....wouldnt give up much...at most a 3rd. highly likely he chases a ring in free agency next season and signs elsewhere

Just now, Magox said:

The negativity around him by some here is overboard.  AJ Green is still young enough to be impactful for the next few years and when healthy he has been very productive.

He is not someone who has been chronically injured throughout his career aside from these past 15 months or so.   For the right price he should definitely considered.  If I had to take a guess what he would be worth from the Bill's perspective I'd say maybe a 2020 3rd and 2021 4th.

Something else to factor into the cost: if Green stays in Cincinnati this year, and signs elsewhere in fa, the Bengals would almost certainly receive a 3rd round comp pick in 2021, so that probably has to be included in the compensation now.

So the remaining compensation will basically amount to the value of 10 games of his services and the right to sign him to a new deal before anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I am with you.  I just don't know how much good football is left in AJ Green. If it is a 4th or a 5th round pick, sure. But not more than that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Something else to factor into the cost: if Green stays in Cincinnati this year, and signs elsewhere in fa, the Bengals would almost certainly receive a 3rd round comp pick in 2021, so that probably has to be included in the compensation now.

So the remaining compensation will basically amount to the value of 10 games of his services and the right to sign him to a new deal before anyone else.

Assuming they can play the comp pick game... When you have to sign free agents to fix x y and z it can be difficult. It's also a 2021 3rd which doesn't help you in 2020

3 minutes ago, dje85 said:

Have you seen their wr corps? They need him probably worse than we do. 

Anderson Crowder damaryus Thomas.

Enunwa got hurt right away which hurt them. I don't see them getting a rental WR when they're already losing Anderson next year. 

24 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Assuming they can play the comp pick game... When you have to sign free agents to fix x y and z it can be difficult. It's also a 2021 3rd which doesn't help you in 2020

Anderson Crowder damaryus Thomas.

Enunwa got hurt right away which hurt them. I don't see them getting a rental WR when they're already losing Anderson next year. 

\

Demarius Thomas isn't the Demarius Thomas he used to be or the Pats wouldn't of unloaded him. He is just another guy now. All they have is Anderson and so ho hums. Their leading reciever is Jamison Crowder with 272 yards. Of which most of that he got against the Bills(99) and Cowboys (98). Been close to non existant otherwise. Of course now that I think of it.. they didn't have a qb between those two games so I guess that didn;t help. 

Edited by dje85

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

To me this is a good reason to trade for him from Buffalos perspective- especially if they plan to resign their own and not spend big on FA.

Trade a 4th or 5th - use him to get better this year - try to sign him at a reasonable cost or let him walk for a potential Comp pick.  

You can recoup most or all of your cost, but you have to know what your plan is for next FA to make this work.

7 minutes ago, dje85 said:

\

Demarius Thomas isn't the Demarius Thomas he used to be or the Pats wouldn't of unloaded him. He is just another guy now. All they have is Anderson and so ho hums. Their leading reciever is Jamison Crowder with 272 yards. Of which most of that he got against the Bills(99) and Cowboys (98). Been close to non existant otherwise. Of course now that I think of it.. they didn't have a qb between those two games so I guess that didn;t help. 

Those three will be good with Darnold.

24 minutes ago, papazoid said:

good one...laffin

green is a one year rental.....wouldnt give up much...at most a 3rd. highly likely he chases a ring in free agency next season and signs elsewhere

The Bills just may be the team that gets him a ring next year. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts.