McDermott was pretty classy in his PC about Zay Jones.

Tipster19

At the end of the press conference a reporter asked about Zay. I must say if that is any kind of example of how this organization treats the players, and I believe it is, then we are in good shape. Treat the players like men, with class and dignity, and I believe that this will serve us well for years to come.

Bills Mobile: Sean McDermott: "We've got to be disciplined"
https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-we-ve-got-to-be-disciplined

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can hear the sound of the ads but not the sound of the press conference and I have watched it before.  There are using some hidden click spot ads when you try to control video too.

Oh and glad he is careful with words unlike ex coach which was a blowhard. 

Edited by Limeaid
typo

10 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

McD's daughter played in a tournament against my daughter over the summer and we talked briefly and he is definately a class act. Super nice guy. 100% genuine.

I hope your daughter kicked his daughter’s......never mind. J/K!

It’s super cool to see people like that outside of their normal role you are accustomed to. Nothing better to judge a guy by than seeing them with family like that. That’s largely how I became an anti-Jon Gruden guy, but that’s another story. 

Glad to hear you had a positive impression in an “outside the camera” experience. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

It’s a business, a big business so unpopular decisions sometimes has to be made but I like the way they did it. I could be naive but I believe that McDermott still cares about Zay as a person.

I agree. I think once you play for McDermott he will always help you out if he can. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I agree. I think once you play for McDermott he will always help you out if he can. 

I do not think he will treat you like welfare recipients - he will expect you to put the effort in AND he will follow rules of NFLPA about contact with players as long as you are employed.

Zay was given every possible opportunity to flourish in Buffalo.  He started many games and played a lot of snaps.  He didn't produce - for whatever reason.  He needed to go - nothing cruel about how Zay was treated.  Therefore there's nothing for McD to be un-classy about.  

I kind of think he gave Zay too much opportunity.  

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

At the end of the press conference a reporter asked about Zay. I must say if that is any kind of example of how this organization treats the players, and I believe it is, then we are in good shape. Treat the players like men, with class and dignity, and I believe that this will serve us well for years to come.

Bills Mobile: Sean McDermott: "We've got to be disciplined"
https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-we-ve-got-to-be-disciplined

McDermott from day one has been about the brotherhood of football, it s militarily like , like band of brothers. All part of the process.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I hope your daughter kicked his daughter’s......never mind. J/K!

It’s super cool to see people like that outside of their normal role you are accustomed to. Nothing better to judge a guy by than seeing them with family like that. That’s largely how I became an anti-Jon Gruden guy, but that’s another story. 

Glad to hear you had a positive impression in an “outside the camera” experience. 

So Gruden is mean to family?

It was a very classy response to a somewhat negatively slanted question.  The reporter, in my opinion, was looking for criticism of Zay Jones’ game and Coach didn’t take the bait.  Instead, McDermott turned it into a positive and said that he’d always be in Zay’s corner and that he never “gives up” on a player.  Exceptional leadership!