YoloinOhio

John Brown groin injury - expected to play vs Dolphins

I don't really see a need to play him this week honestly.  We shouldn't be down a John Brown and have problems with the Dolphins.

We should be able to run the ball effectively.  Time for Robert Foster to make his first appearance in 2019 (I know he's been active but he hasn't made any impact so far).

• Like (+1) 4

That’s Bob Foster’s music 

but seriously The Abolitionist has been clutch and this sucks 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

If he ends up sitting, hopefully Foster is well enough to play and produce. In that case, I hope Foster has such a big game that they realize they can't continue to keep him off the field, and he has a much bigger role in the Bills offense going forward.

All of this, of course, is contingent on the health of both Brown and Foster. 

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't hate Foster getting some extra reps if he's good to go- gotta break the cobwebs loose. Also, not to jinx anything, but we ought to be able to lose a couple of starters and still win this game. 

Doh! I hope it isn't too serious.

I'm a bit confused on Foster... wasn't he a healthy scratch for the first few games? Something about them wanting him to develop more and keep earning it... and then somewhere along the lines he was inactive because of injury. Am I kinda right or...?

People acting like the Dolphins aren’t still 53 players capable of competing at the NFL level, with a QB who knows exactly what to expect playing at the Ralph... I think the point spread is crazy when you look at Buffalo’s avg margin of victory against bad teams. They don’t need John Brown? Maybe, maybe not but acting all overly confident that they’ll pull of the win with a dinosaur at RB and no #1 WR is kind of ignorant, this is the NFL, any given Sunday. Especially when you’ve been squeaking out close wins against bad teams...

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Meh 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

People acting like the Dolphins aren’t still 53 players capable of competing at the NFL level, with a QB who knows exactly what to expect playing at the Ralph... I think the point spread is crazy when you look at Buffalo’s avg margin of victory against bad teams. They don’t need John Brown? Maybe, maybe not but acting all overly confident that they’ll pull of the win with a dinosaur at RB and no #1 WR is kind of ignorant, this is the NFL, any given Sunday. Especially when you’ve been squeaking out close wins against bad teams...

Miami does not have 53 active NFL-caliber players on its roster. So your post was invalid after the first sentence.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 1
  • Skeptical 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

I'm a bit confused on Foster... wasn't he a healthy scratch for the first few games? Something about them wanting him to develop more and keep earning it... and then somewhere along the lines he was inactive because of injury. Am I kinda right or...?

No he had a groin injury the last 2 games and played in the 1st 3

• Like (+1) 1

Bills will run for over 200 yards, Gore+Sngletary+Allen. Dolphins will come to play but Fitz is starting and he loves INT's.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I might go scoop Foster on a flyer in a FF league this week. I have a couple of guys on bye's and Brown is a guy I was planning on playing. :censored:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

3 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

The only piece of this I want to comment on is the point spread. I am taking the Dolphins with the points this weekend, and I am doing it for the very reason you mentioned. I suspect we get an early lead, and the offense just never really does anything to blow it open.  I think they do that for the simple reason they just don't need to. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Miami does not have 53 active NFL-caliber players on its roster. So your post was invalid after the first sentence.

Then they wouldn’t be in the league, period. They would’ve been in the XFL draft last night.  You’re discrediting just how hard it is to make it on any 53 man roster and how talented an individual must be to simply play in the NFL.  Love the internet snark btw, super cool...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

He has been dealing with injuries since the preseason

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Then they wouldn’t be in the league, period. They would’ve been in the XFL draft last night.  You’re discrediting just how hard it is to make it on any 53 man roster and how talented an individual must be to simply play in the NFL.  Love the internet snark btw, super cool...

Exactly

They may not have 53 high end caliber players or even 53 average players

But all 53 are atleast depth level talent in the NFL. The talent Jump from college to the NFL is insane , so much so that 95% of college studs aren't good enough for the league

I mean we don't necessarily need him this week, but groin injuries can be long lasting.

Hope that's not the case here.

Is Foster healthy and practicing fully now?

12 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I was told they would struggle vs Bama. Someone is lying!

• Haha (+1) 3