XFL Draft Results

Mark Vader

1 hour ago, Ennjay said:

On the offensive line for the Dallas Renegades:

6. Josh Allen, G, UL-Monroe (44)

With our QB and the Jacksonville DE that makes three.  How many more Josh Allen's are out there?

Seems like he should be on our Practice Squad

• 2 weeks later...

LOL has there been a league with a less impressive collections of QBs?

This looks worse than the last league.

McMahon vanity piece---will burn cash and collapse, but not quickly (ego).   He will not get a second 30 for 30 for this predictable disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Soooo now hes getting $ 0. Dollars that makes sense.

He states in the article that he has an engineering degree and is employed as a software developer.

Hopefully more of these guys choose using their scholarships for degrees they can use instead of chasing the dream and suffering football injuries for $27,000. Mighty Taco pays more than that.

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/16/2019 at 4:19 PM, Gugny said:

I was curious about their pay:

1- Similar to the NFL’s “franchise” designation, a minimum $250,000 salary will be exclusively assigned to one player. This tier will likely be used for the quarterback. It could go as high as $600,000.

2- Three players will be assigned this pay level with a range of $150,000 to $175,000.

3- This level allows the largest contingent with 23 players. The salary will fall between $70,000 and $100,000.

4- The lowest pay will be allotted to 18 players. Their salary will be at least $50,000, with the potential to reach $70,000. It may not seem like much, but consider college athletes who are less than three years removed from high school and ineligible for the NFL.

5 - All HCs will have a $500,000 salary.

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-players/xfl-player-salary-structure/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vereen-turns-down-xfl-opportunity-says-salary-too-low/ar-AAJitm0?li=BBnb7Kz

According to Vereen, the base salary was $27,040 with per game bonuses of $1,685 and weekly win bonuses of $2,222.

Even I'd reject that salary...that's rough. 

Edit: See someone already posted. Move along :)

Edited by BigDingus

I guess I still don't get how drafts & things like trades work with the XFL since there's only one owner of all teams...

Instead of individual teams functioning independently in their best interests, they're a unified organization kind of like the UFC, where management controls everything.

Do they just decide to move players between teams to create parity, or do they stack one team to allow them to become dominant & grow a fanbase before propping up another team after the first one is established? 

Seems kind of like the WWE drafts between Smackdown & RAW where they just pretend the 2 networks of Fox & USA are fighting over picks, but everything is just part of the script. Is that how the XFL is running?

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So would rather have nothing ... Got it , moron.

He has another job - probably making more than he would have in the XFL.  He was considering it when they made it sound like $55,000 plus bonus for games and wins.

When he learned the $55,000 included the bonuses - it was probably less than his regular job with significantly more risk.

I think it is a smart move from a smart guy that analyzed his situation and made the best choice for himself.

The XFL payrate is stupid low - for the people advocating that they need to pick up college players - that is less per year than the college players make with School, Room and Board, and food.  

I mean the base pay is less than you get working minimum wage in NYC by about $5000 a year - plus with housing and travel - these guys are not making money - just hoping to get seen and picked up by the NFL.  If you have a potential “career” path - it makes more sense to go after that.

• Like (+1) 1