Where to watch Bills- Stowe, VT

Mango

https://www.sunsetgrillevt.com/

My son and I watched the Bills game at this place after one of his Sunday hockey games up in Stowe.  Good food, they have the Sunday Ticket, and tons of TVs.  If you decide to go here, get there early and throw a $20 spot to the bartender to get the Bills game on one of their big screens.  They have 30 something TVs, but only 4 or 5 large ones.  Good luck!

20 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My son and I watched the Bills game at this place after one of his Sunday hockey games up in Stowe.  Good food, they have the Sunday Ticket, and tons of TVs.  If you decide to go here, get there early and throw a $20 spot to the bartender to get the Bills game on one of their big screens.  They have 30 something TVs, but only 4 or 5 large ones.  Good luck!

I second, Sunset grille. Good food lots of local beer. Its right off of Mountain rd. heading up to mt mansfield.

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

I second, Sunset grille. Good food lots of local beer. Its right off of Mountain rd. heading up to mt mansfield.

Also no Pats game on Sunday, so the place won’t be quite as packed...and not nearly as obnoxious ??

On the local beer comment, to the OP, make sure you get a Hill Farmstead Edward if you like IPAs.

28 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Raiders-Packers is what's on CBS stations in New England this weekend. That's dumb. They should be showing the Bills-Dolphins. We're division rivals and right on the Pats' tail.  I already sent a sternly worded email to WBZ.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am heading to Stowe this weekend. I haven't been and I do not see a Bills Backers Bar on the interwebs. 

Anybody have a recommendations on where I can watch the Bills game? 

Triple for Sunset Grille.  Also Doc Ponds for great food.  Don't think they have TVs, but same guys that run Hen of the Wood.  

If you're in Waterbury,  the Resovoir is nice, has a few TVs and some legit good wings.  

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Also no Pats game on Sunday, so the place won’t be quite as packed...and not nearly as obnoxious ??

On the local beer comment, to the OP, make sure you get a Hill Farmstead Edward if you like IPAs.

So a 5 or a 10 spot will work?  (Big TV screen) 

31 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Awesome. Heading up to run a "Great American Brewery Race" at Alchemist. I am sure I will have all the Heady Topper I can handle before kick off....

Thanks for the help guys!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Good call on the Hill Farmstead.  I like everything I have had from them.  Ever had Grimm's Magnetic Tape?  Good stuff.  I got a budddy that goes Treehouse once in a while too, phenomenal beer.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Awesome. Heading up to run a "Great American Brewery Race" at Alchemist. I am sure I will have all the Heady Topper I can handle before kick off....

Thanks for the help guys!

That was my recomendation.   The Alchemist is a great restaurant,and Heady Topper is a top notch beer,and hard to come by.   Their other beers are great too.  The Shed is fun, and has good beer as well.  Stowe is some of top skiing on the east coast, with lots of secret glades trails.   They won't be open for another month though I think.  Hike the notch. The Canadians used to run booze through Smugglers Notch.  It's near peak folliage here in CT, so VT might still have leaves.  Partake

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

That was my recomendation.   The Alchemist is a great restaurant,and Heady Topper is a top notch beer,and hard to come by.   Their other beers are great too.  The Shed is fun, and has good beer as well.  Stowe is some of top skiing on the east coast, with lots of secret glades trails.   They won't be open for another month though I think.  Hike the notch. The Canadians used to run booze through Smugglers Notch.  It's near peak folliage here in CT, so VT might still have leaves.  Partake

I’m super pumped for ski season. I just moved to Saratoga a few months ago. I’ve done whiteface more times than I can count. Plus Killington, Jay, and Gore a bunch. Being right in the center of it this year is going to be awesome! 

thanks brother! 

Of little or no help to OP as to the question posed, but we went to Stowe on our honeymoon almost 35 years ago. It was February, and we already lived at a beach resort, so this made sense.  Stayed at a condo at Topnotch I think, but we found the Whip Bar & Grill at the Green Mountain Inn early in our trip. This caused me to just now look it up, and they STILL have the blueberry apple crisp on the menu, after all these years! We kept going back daily once we found that. Yum! 

If you have a free moment, and are looking for a treat.......   ?

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Good call on the Hill Farmstead.  I like everything I have had from them.  Ever had Grimm's Magnetic Tape?  Good stuff.  I got a budddy that goes Treehouse once in a while too, phenomenal beer.

Heard of Treehouse.  I think I tried one variety when I was in Boston last winter.  Never heard of Grimm’s.  I’ll have to keep my eye out at the beer store.

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Good call on the Hill Farmstead.  I like everything I have had from them.  Ever had Grimm's Magnetic Tape?  Good stuff.  I got a buddy that goes Treehouse once in a while too, phenomenal beer.

Does he camp out in line? That seems like the only way to buy beer at Treehouse. Even with the new larger brewery. It's frickin' crazy.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Heard of Treehouse.  I think I tried one variety when I was in Boston last winter.  Never heard of Grimm’s.  I’ll have to keep my eye out at the beer store.

Grimm is out of Queens, I believe.  Reminds me of early single cut days.

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Does he camp out in line? That seems like the only way to buy beer at Treehouse. Even with the new larger brewery. It's frickin' crazy.

He does indeed!

My wife and I have been going to this area for a couple days each Fall for the last 5 years.  Was just there a few weeks ago - beautiful area and as everyone has said the beer is amazing.  Best bar in the area is Blackback Pub - it's about 20 minutes south in Waterbury.  By far the best draft list in town.  They have at least one tv there, I watched some playoff baseball as we waited for our dinner reservations at Hen of the Wood, so if there's not a Patriots game they'd probably put it on (unfortunately tons of Pats fans up there).  Doc Ponds has a couple of tvs and a good draft list too.