Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Say what??

No, i'll repeat once again that a team that wants to be thought of as one of the best in the Conference, you have to demonstrate that you can score.  Other than against the Giants, the Bill shave really struggled with that.  If you can't score easily against one of the worst Defenses in the NFL, then you have confirmed a significant weakness.  The Jets, Giants, Bengals and Titans won't be their opponents in the playoffs.... 

Maybe I'm misinterpreting / mixing up your points with what others are saying.

Everyone agrees the O has to score more.  The question is how do they do it.

Some fans want Josh to go bombs away and push for a 300 yard plus game.

I would like to see a dominating well balanced offense putting up 24-30 points and the D holding them to 13ish.

Limit penalties and zero turnovers can go a long way to getting there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Jamie Martin

Marc Bulger

Carson Palmer

Trent Edwards

Jake Locker

Ryan Mallett

Geno Smith

Bryce Petty

Jameis Winston

And now, Josh Rosen joins the list of "quarterbacks who have been benched, by injury or incompetence, for Ryan Fitzpatrick."

However, only Trent Edwards and Geno Smith have the truly elite status of being benched for Fitzbeardy twice.

I give him credit.  Never sign to a team with an established franchise quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I give him credit.  Never sign to a team with an established franchise quarterback.

Fitz don't need no credit.  He has reaped over 60 million from 8 teams.  LOL

You are right tho, I wonder how much he or his agent had in all those wise moves.

43 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting / mixing up your points with what others are saying.

Everyone agrees the O has to score more.  The question is how do they do it.

Some fans want Josh to go bombs away and push for a 300 yard plus game.

I would like to see a dominating well balanced offense putting up 24-30 points and the D holding them to 13ish.

Limit penalties and zero turnovers can go a long way to getting there.

Sure, Daboll needs to have more than 11 runs in his tiny bag of plays.  But here's where you let the O-line dominate for the run  but really for the pass protection.  ANd for crissakes, start throwing to those 2 big young athletic TEs!

Someone above said a nice 20-3 would be just fine.  No way.

Fitz is garbage on a garbage team... cake walk!

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sure, Daboll needs to have more than 11 runs in his tiny bag of plays.  But here's where you let the O-line dominate for the run  but really for the pass protection.  ANd for crissakes, start throwing to those 2 big young athletic TEs!

Someone above said a nice 20-3 would be just fine.  No way.

Those TE's dont always catch everything. Dabol just needs to keep doing exactly what he is doing. The plays are there, Josh and the rest of the offense need to step up

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Fitz is garbage on a garbage team... cake walk!

Those TE's dont always catch everything. Dabol just needs to keep doing exactly what he is doing. The plays are there, Josh and the rest of the offense need to step up

No one catches everything, somwhy mention that?  Daboll needs to put points on the board.  If he can't max out against the worst team in the NFL (like everyone else has), why encourage him too continue to do exactly what he's doing?  Yeah, Josh needs to stop turning the ball over, but more guys need to get involved other than Josh, Gore, Brown and a little Beasely.   Singletary?  He had 10 carries total in the first 2 before he went out.  

Vic Carruci piece from TBN on why starting Fitz makes the game more interesting (paywall, free trial)

https://buffalonews.com/2019/10/16/buffalo-bills-miami-dolphins-ryan-fitzpatrick-sean-mcdermott-nfl-football-news-opinion-2019/

Key quotes:

-" Flores stated the obvious in his conference call with Western New York media when he said he and his coaching staff concluded that Fitzpatrick gave the Dolphins the best chance to win. It's also fair to assume the coach clearly felt desperate enough to let his players know that he hasn't packed it in "

-" linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said. .... the guys in that locker room that are playing, coaches that are coaching, they're coaching for now, because tomorrow's not promised. And they're trying to get a win at all costs because this game is too hard not to go in there with the mindset of, 'We're going to try to win.' "

-" Even at age 36 and in his 15th NFL season, Fitzpatrick, who played for the Bills from 2009 to 2012, continues to warrant respect for a body of work that includes 10 career games with four touchdown passes. That matches Bills Hall of Famer Jim Kelly and leads Joe Montana by two. Fitzpatrick also has 17 games with 300-plus passing yards and five with 400-plus. "

and finally from Alexander, this apt description of Fitz:

" "I think he's a tough, hard-nosed style player, kind of a throwback guy," Alexander said. "You can hit him, but he gets up; he's very resilient in that way. He has some ability to scramble and extend some plays and he has some type of magic dust on him as well, because he'll do some things and you're like, 'How did he complete that ball? It's just, you know, some guys have it. I think that's one of his strengths as well, he plays fearless."

And on that note, I would like to dedicate this song, which seems particularly apt, to Ryan Fitzpatrick.  If I were a cool kid, I'd put together some clips of the various hits and sacks Fitzpatrick has taken over the years to it.  Fitzy, I love you man! but I hope you get your Butt kicked this Sunday

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I assume if Fitz plays one of his lights out games and they're actually winning at halftime he'll be replaced by Rosen

Right.  Then we'll know for sure that the Dolphins are tanking, like not a doubt in anyone's mind.