Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Gosh! You're right! 

That highly specific graph citing the difference in net passing yards per play gained and allowed sure showed me that the Dolphins don't have any chance of beating the Bills this Sunday!

?

By the way, you might want to look up "straw man". I don't know that it means what you think it means.

OK.   Tin Man,

The Fins have no chance of winning this game, Totto...

Interesting. Obviously not really worried because it's the Dolphins and their strange, scattered coach seems intent on losing, but in a vacuum Fitz worries me a lot more than Rosen. Fitz is smart enough to play for himself and his next contract. Wonder if Rosen whined in the film room or something, this team is such a dumpster fire. 

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Agreed, this should be Singletary's warm up game. I don't mind if he and Gore have more combined yards than Josh Allen. I want this game to be boring as hell.

Yep, I so want to see Daboll call a plodding chain moving game mixing different passes between consistent running.

This Miami team is the perfect opponent to test that game plan.  If they can do it Miami will crumble under it.

I'm really interested in seeing Daboll's scripted plays to start the game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep, I so want to see Daboll call a plodding chain moving game mixing different passes between consistent running.

This Miami team is the perfect opponent to test that game plan.  If they can do it Miami will crumble under it.

I'm really interested in seeing Daboll's scripted plays to start the game.

I agree. A 38-3 blowout is fun to watch if your team is on the right end of it. But I'll gladly take a boring, plodding 20-3 with no turnovers and 150 yards on the ground, 150 in the air.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They put up 28 on the Giants and Miami's defense is a lot worse.  The one thing the Bills haven't done on defense or special teams is score a touchdown so this may be the game where they run up the score.  Hopefully.

Yeah but they put up only 17 against the Jets (and only after their best Defensive player left the game) and only 21 against an awful Bengals D. 

NE was only a 16 point favorite against the Fins...

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree. A 38-3 blowout is fun to watch if your team is on the right end of it. But I'll gladly take a boring, plodding 20-3 with no turnovers and 150 yards on the ground, 150 in the air.

I disagree.  This is the matchup to show he can score a lot of points with his game plan and this roster.  20-3 is not a good look going forward. He needs to unload on the Dolphins.

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah but they put up only 17 against the Jets (and only after their best Defensive player left the game) and only 21 against an awful Bengals D. 

NE was only a 16 point favorite against the Fins...

I disagree.  This is the matchup to show he can score a lot of points with his game plan and this roster.  20-3 is not a good look going forward. He needs to unload on the Dolphins.

The only way the Dolphins won this game is through a bunch of Bills mistakes - turnovers, big special teams plays, etc. There’s a time for every team to be boring and conservative, and for the Bills that’s this week. 

There has been speculation that Flores is having to cope with the threat of open rebellion in the locker room if he didn't start Fitzpatrick.  It's looking more and more like a dumpster fire in Miami.Here's to hoping Adam Gase can set the stage for the same thing in New York.  Gee, maybe when Belichick retires Robert Kraft could be persuaded to hire Gase in New England.  Yeah, I know that's too much to hope for.

22 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I hear you, but I try to look at it this way; if we can't beat the Dolphins at home, the Bills are clearly not as good as we thought they were.

Fitz is the better QB. I'm not 100 percent sure this isn't Flores winning a power struggle against management. 

You know this is a good point, if they lose this game then they just aren't sh-it anyway, this is a game they should win easily. We will learn a little about our team Sunday-

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The only way the Dolphins won this game is through a bunch of Bills mistakes - turnovers, big special teams plays, etc. There’s a time for every team to be boring and conservative, and for the Bills that’s this week. 

The Bills O has 11 TO's in 5 games--that's 17.5% of all drives ending in TOs'.....4th worst in the league.

You can't be considered the second best team in the AFC (or third) if you don't score big on a team with a bad O and D.  The Ravens, Patriots, Chargers put up 59, 43 and 30 on them.  Even the Redskins put up 17.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills O has 11 TO's in 5 games--that's 17.5% of all drives ending in TOs'.....4th worst in the league.

You can't be considered the second best team in the AFC (or third) if you don't score big on a team with a bad O and D.  The Ravens, Patriots, Chargers put up 59, 43 and 30 on them.  Even the Redskins put up 17.

You are right and the Bills would score a lot more if they take away high risk play.

Last year the Pats* beat the Bills 24-12 but controlled the game thru it's entirely.

So you want JA and the Bills O to mimic KC and not that type of NE play?

I believe you play to win and not to impress sports writers.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, foreboding said:

You know this is a good point, if they lose this game then they just aren't sh-it anyway, this is a game they should win easily. We will learn a little about our team Sunday-

Yeah. I generally ascribe to the any given Sunday theory, but at home, against Miami? I just don't think you can lose such a game and expect to compete. I get the point made by Seasons; the cakewalks that you don't have to sweat are great. I'd feel much better about a blowout facing Rosen in a hostile environment. But even with Fitz, this is a game we should win "relatively" easily if we're going places this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wppete said:

Flores clearly didn’t want Josh Rosen to get destroyed by our Defense. 

When QB F completes almost as many passes for more yards and scores 2x in one quarter, while QB R achieves fewer yards and no scores in three quarters, the coach just won't have a shred of cred if he tells the team "we're not tanking, we're taking our best shot to win every week" while starting QB R.

I don't think Miami gives a flying fig newton if Rosen gets mowed down like Coyote  in a Roadrunner cartoon.  Beep-beep.  If they did, why would they trade off their starting LT?

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I generally ascribe to the any given Sunday theory, but at home, against Miami? I just don't think you can lose such a game and expect to compete. I get the point made by Seasons; the cakewalks that you don't have to sweat are great. I'd feel much better about a blowout facing Rosen in a hostile environment. But even with Fitz, this is a game we should win "relatively" easily if we're going places this season. 

Right.  We came into US Bank stadium last year against a highly-regarded Vikes team expected to go places with their Bright Shiny Big Contract QB.

The Vikes had won one and tied one (3 missed FG and gave up a TD off a blocked punt) against what was expected to be 2 contending teams going into the season.

The Bills, OTOH, were a total joke at the time, having benched their hype-filmed starter halfway through an embarrassing blowout (where a guy quit at halftime) and played almost equally badly the following week.

The Vikes totally took us lightly, expected a cakewalk, and got the public embarrassment they deserved for it.

The Bills players and coaches are saying all the right things about "any given Sunday" and taking each team one game at a time.  If they believe it and we're legit, we will win.

If that's lip service where they're saying the right stuff while believing something else and their heads aren't in it, we'll lose.

Good teams - legit, competitive teams - win the games they should win and some of the games they shouldn't.  This is a game we should win.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You are right and the Bills would score a lot more if they take away high risk play.

Last year the Pats* beat the Bills 24-12 but controlled the game thru it's entirely.

So you want JA and the Bills O to mimic KC and not that type of NE play?

I believe you play to win and not to impress sports writers.

Say what??

No, i'll repeat once again that a team that wants to be thought of as one of the best in the Conference, you have to demonstrate that you can score.  Other than against the Giants, the Bill shave really struggled with that.  If you can't score easily against one of the worst Defenses in the NFL, then you have confirmed a significant weakness.  The Jets, Giants, Bengals and Titans won't be their opponents in the playoffs....