Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is really a shame...I was really looking forward to watching Rosen get destroyed by our D this week

He was going to make 12 teams regret for passing on him , 

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

Don't exaggerate.  He was drafted 10th.  9 teams.

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'm a little worried....

Here's the thing.  If our D is really legit, you shouldn't be.  If you should be, then McDermott and Beane better roll up their sleeves.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

A weak armed QB who tends to force passes into coverage versus a strong armed QB who tends to force passes into coverage.

I think we have the advantage.  

This is one week where we especially don't need Allen to try anything stupid. Throw the ball away, fall over if the pocket collapses, don't force throws downfield. If we get the Titans game version of Josh Allen we'll win this game by 3+ touchdowns. No reason for him to try and put the game on his shoulders.

• Like (+1) 2

I am a bit surprised at the arrogance of some fans/local media (talking about automatic wins). After all, the Bills haven't beaten a good team-- and have struggled offensively in all of their games. Fitzpatrick just adds another bit of angst to some fans who have endured the last twenty years.

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is one week where we especially don't need Allen to try anything stupid. Throw the ball away, fall over if the pocket collapses, don't force throws downfield. If we get the Titans game version of Josh Allen we'll win this game by 3+ touchdowns. No reason for him to try and put the game on his shoulders.

Spot on.  I might add that if the Fish can't stop the running game early they probably will see a lot of it.

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Is it that unreasonable to acknowledge that any given NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given Sunday? 

Strawman.     The Fins are perhaps the worst NFL team in two decades, if not longer (guess who that last data point on this graph is)...

salfino-NFL-ELO-1016-1.png

2 hours ago, Putin said:

I think he really meant he was going to make 12 different teams regret letting him play for them in his career.  He is going to out Fitz our own Fitztragic.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Spot on.  I might add that if the Fish can't stop the running game early they probably will see a lot of it.

Agreed, this should be Singletary's warm up game. I don't mind if he and Gore have more combined yards than Josh Allen. I want this game to be boring as hell.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

True.  Bills 17 point favorites and they are averaging 18 PPG...

They put up 28 on the Giants and Miami's defense is a lot worse.  The one thing the Bills haven't done on defense or special teams is score a touchdown so this may be the game where they run up the score.  Hopefully.

Jamie Martin

Marc Bulger

Carson Palmer

Trent Edwards

Jake Locker

Ryan Mallett

Geno Smith

Bryce Petty

Jameis Winston

And now, Josh Rosen joins the list of "quarterbacks who have been benched, by injury or incompetence, for Ryan Fitzpatrick."

However, only Trent Edwards and Geno Smith have the truly elite status of being benched for Fitzbeardy twice.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Strawman.     The Fins are perhaps the worst NFL team in two decades, if not longer (guess who that last data point on this graph is)...

salfino-NFL-ELO-1016-1.png

Gosh! You're right! 

That highly specific graph citing the difference in net passing yards per play gained and allowed sure showed me that the Dolphins don't have any chance of beating the Bills this Sunday!

?

By the way, you might want to look up "straw man". I don't know that it means what you think it means.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rosen has hung tough and kept trying. 
He hasn't been effective, but that's a long way from peeing himself.

I've been thinking about this.  I saw a twitter thing (can't remember from whom) about "Stop Making Excuses for Josh Rosen", he's just not "elevating the team".  Well, great QB or even good QB do elevate the team, but I don't think they commonly walk in the door doing that.  Andrew Luck did, but not many others.

But you know, while the NFL has had its genuine busts, the NFL is also littered with guys who can actually play QB at the NFL level and who were labeled busts after their first seasons even on decent teams with decent coaches.  The Chargers drafted Philip Rivers because after 3 years, they thought Drew Brees just couldn't play well enough.  Then there are examples playing on inept or relatively inept teams, like Steve Young (Tampa Bay thought he couldn't play) and Alex Smith (made lists of Biggests QB Busts before Harbaugh took over).

This article has a viewpoint:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/set-up-to-fail--the-josh-rosen-story

Got the feeling Flores felt Rosen would pee himself vs Bills at the Ralph. 

Rosen is not a leader.  Most good QBs are.  Not sure he will be a starter again in league. 

Edited by freddyjj