Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I cant blame Flores for starting Fitzy ,  putting Rosen against our defense without much help up front is SUICIDE , 

Reminds me of what the Cards did to him when Bradford went down last season.

He was thrown to the wolves. Maybe Miami is smarter than that. (No they’re not). 

3 hours ago, thurst44 said:

If he hits on his throws to Jack Nicklaus' grandson, I win Lazy Announcers Reference Bingo!

The Harvard Grad, who wears a wedding band while playing, completes a pass to the TE grandson of Jack Nicklaus who was tackled by Nat King Cole's grandson, a surprise call up from the practice squad.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No, it’s Fitz they are fearful of. You didn’t see any I’m worried about the Fish crap when it was thought Rosen was their starter.

Nah, I saw it when Rosen was said to start.  What we're fearful of is overconfidence leading the Bills to ease off and lay down a stinker.  You know, kind of like the Bills went into Minnesota and pulled off last year.

It's just kind of a litmus test for McDermott's grip on the locker room and the coordinators grip on the game.  McDermott is saying all the right things about week by week and "any given Sunday", the question is whether the players fully buy into them.

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, none of it makes sense. The biggest mystery is why they wasted a second round pick on Rosen... 

yep- play Rosen and get the kid experience and see what you really have.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I was stunned that the Bills, with a very green Josh Allen pressed into playing by the horrific performance of Nathan Peterman, were able to soundly thrash the Vikings in Week 3 last year. Don’t take anything for granted!

Any given Sunday right? But my guess is McD has these boys ready to go.

The last Bills game I watched in BUF was in 2012 vs. TEN.   Fitz failed to get a first down with 2:00 left and 1 TO just needing a FG. I knew at that moment that Fitz was not our answer at QB.

Well, I will be back to BUF this weekend only to watch Fitz again.  As much as I like the guy, I hope  we drive him out of the game.  I'm nervous though as a normal Bills fan would be.  The last 20 years have done that.

Can't tell you how pissed I will be if we lose to Fitz/Fish.

52 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

here is Rosen's reaction

Image result for kid with stage fright runs away gif

Rosen has hung tough and kept trying. 
He hasn't been effective, but that's a long way from peeing himself.

I've been thinking about this.  I saw a twitter thing (can't remember from whom) about "Stop Making Excuses for Josh Rosen", he's just not "elevating the team".  Well, great QB or even good QB do elevate the team, but I don't think they commonly walk in the door doing that.  Andrew Luck did, but not many others.

But you know, while the NFL has had its genuine busts, the NFL is also littered with guys who can actually play QB at the NFL level and who were labeled busts after their first seasons even on decent teams with decent coaches.  The Chargers drafted Philip Rivers because after 3 years, they thought Drew Brees just couldn't play well enough.  Then there are examples playing on inept or relatively inept teams, like Steve Young (Tampa Bay thought he couldn't play) and Alex Smith (made lists of Biggests QB Busts before Harbaugh took over).

This article has a viewpoint:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/set-up-to-fail--the-josh-rosen-story