Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

When Josh Rosen was touted as the "MOST NFL ready" QB pre-draft by the ultra-intelligent analysts we see on TV and hear on radio, that would indicate a team wouldn't have to wait 1 1/2 - 4 years for his ascendancy to that level of play.  In fact, being "NFL ready" means he should have been ready to go from Day 1 (unlike the other "project QB" taken in the draft). I know, I know...he had a bad O line and no weapons around him.  Doesn't that sound familiar given what the "project QB" (JA) had to deal with last year?

OK, but when you look year after year how many 1st round drafted QB's flame out, shows that all  these experts who tout him really know very little.  For whatever reason the QB position appears to be the hardest to project how they fared in college to how much success they will have in the NFL.  If he were drafted in the 4th round, would you be saying the same thing or then would people be saying give him some time.  Admittedly in todays NFL, no players get any time.

Maybe he will still succeed, but for whatever reason it's taking him the longest, who know.  He also was the guy most projected to say I don't need football too, so could just be he's not motivated enough, maybe in the right situation that will change, but the odds are stacked against him.

49 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'M stunned that bills fans have become so certain, so fast, that the Bills are incapable of laying a stinker on the field and losing a game they should win, ESPECIALLY to a desperate team with Fitzpatrick at quarterback.

I'm not saying the Bills WILL lose, mind you, I'm just not at the "Bills are great, definitely getting 12 wins" stage just yet. They've played one good team this year, and they lost. Is it that unreasonable to acknowledge that any given NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given Sunday? 

Not unreasonable at all, but very unlikely the fins come out with a win, this is not Fitzies old Bills teams. SM will make it known to the whole team that anything but full effort will embarrass themselves and Buffalo.

Yes it’s still early in the season for long term predictions, but I think we are trending in the right direction, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

16 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The Fish have no talent and some are worried now that Fitz is QBing them?

LOL

He did so well against Baltimore!

He also threw for 89 yards against New England with no TDs and 3 INTs.  Our pass defense is not significantly worse than New England's.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I'M stunned that bills fans have become so certain, so fast, that the Bills are incapable of laying a stinker on the field and losing a game they should win, ESPECIALLY to a desperate team with Fitzpatrick at quarterback.

I'm not saying the Bills WILL lose, mind you, I'm just not at the "Bills are great, definitely getting 12 wins" stage just yet. They've played one good team this year, and they lost. Is it that unreasonable to acknowledge that any given NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given Sunday? 

I was stunned that the Bills, with a very green Josh Allen pressed into playing by the horrific performance of Nathan Peterman, were able to soundly thrash the Vikings in Week 3 last year. Don’t take anything for granted!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I think people are more fearful of the Bills going full out Billsy more than they are fearful of Fitz.

No, it’s Fitz they are fearful of. You didn’t see any I’m worried about the Fish crap when it was thought Rosen was their starter.

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’d have rather faced Rosen.

Fitz gave that whole team a spark when he came in and almost completed a comeback. Everyone looked like they played harder for Fitz. 

Its obviously still a game we should win. Hopefully we don’t get the good Fitz that shows up a couple game per season (though I do have faith in our defense if we get good Fitz). 

Agree. Fitz always plays with a chip on his shoulder against the Bills. Fortunately his surrounding cast is pretty bad and shouldn't be a problem against our D.

• Like (+1) 1