Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’m stunned some members here think Fitz can beat our D with no O line and a horrendous D on his side. 

He is and always has been a serviceable backup. I loved rooting for him but he is no second coming or Marino down there. 

Trust our D!!!!!!

I'M stunned that bills fans have become so certain, so fast, that the Bills are incapable of laying a stinker on the field and losing a game they should win, ESPECIALLY to a desperate team with Fitzpatrick at quarterback.

I'm not saying the Bills WILL lose, mind you, I'm just not at the "Bills are great, definitely getting 12 wins" stage just yet. They've played one good team this year, and they lost. Is it that unreasonable to acknowledge that any given NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given Sunday? 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sad? Anyone who has watched the last 20 years of Bills football and DOESN'T see at least A LITTLE upset potential in Fitzmagic returning to Orchard Park with a team desperate to get its first win must have been watching a different team.

I'll tell ya: a lot of Bills fans have gotten really cocky, really fast.

Any given Sunday.

Not cocky at all.  Just not worried one bit about Fitzpatrick.  If we can’t beat that team we don’t deserve to be in any post season conversations.  

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Great! I prefer Fitz the starter over Fitz off the bench. He’s a much better relief pitcher than starter. 

Agreed. He is the most roller coaster ride of a quarterback I have ever seen.

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'M stunned that bills fans have become so certain, so fast, that the Bills are incapable of laying a stinker on the field and losing a game they should win, ESPECIALLY to a desperate team with Fitzpatrick at quarterback.

I'm not saying the Bills WILL lose, mind you, I'm just not at the "Bills are great, definitely getting 12 wins" stage just yet. They've played one good team this year, and they lost. Is it that unreasonable to acknowledge that any given NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given Sunday? 

Any team is capable of laying an egg in any given week, and I've been a Bills fan long enough to know that Sunday could fall apart. However, I think the point of most posters is that if this team cannot beat one of the worst ever teams in football who are erratically coached and might be tanking at home after a week's rest, then this team is not who we thought they were (but are still likely on the right path). In any case, if they can blow that, Rosen or Fitz doesn't make a significant difference, and since we can't control it, why worry about it?

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

Any team is capable of laying an egg in any given week, and I've been a Bills fan long enough to know that Sunday could fall apart. However, I think the point of most posters is that if this team cannot beat one of the worst ever teams in football who are erratically coached and might be tanking at home after a week's rest, then this team is not who we thought they were (but are still likely on the right path). In any case, if they can blow that, Rosen or Fitz doesn't make a significant difference, and since we can't control it, why worry about it?

Does not compute.

I am incapable of not worrying about the Bills. It's just who I am as a person.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

When will Josh Rosen be "NFL ready"? 

1 1/2 seasons isn't much to know.  It's really easy to say we already know the answer he's a bust only because the odds favor all QB's at being busts more than a success.  Just read an article couple weeks back fro ma QM, can't recall who was talking about a QB who turned out very good, but took until season 4

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Does not compute.

I am incapable of not worrying about the Bills. It's just who I am as a person.

Hahaha, I hear you. While I can see the possibility of losing, I just can't bring myself to worry about this Dolphins team (but hoping the actual players feel somewhat different about it). 

Fitz may be one of the best players on that team. As such, he's going to put the game on his shoulders. Since their D is terrible, Fitz will be playing from behind and can't count on the run game for help. All those factors add up to "Gunslinger Fitz" making desperate throws.

We've seen that movie before. Start the Bills D on your fantasy team.

11 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

1 1/2 seasons isn't much to know.  It's really easy to say we already know the answer he's a bust only because the odds favor all QB's at being busts more than a success.  Just read an article couple weeks back fro ma QM, can't recall who was talking about a QB who turned out very good, but took until season 4

When Josh Rosen was touted as the "MOST NFL ready" QB pre-draft by the ultra-intelligent analysts we see on TV and hear on radio, that would indicate a team wouldn't have to wait 1 1/2 - 4 years for his ascendancy to that level of play.  In fact, being "NFL ready" means he should have been ready to go from Day 1 (unlike the other "project QB" taken in the draft). I know, I know...he had a bad O line and no weapons around him.  Doesn't that sound familiar given what the "project QB" (JA) had to deal with last year?